Bora WTO

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

I've had the WTO60s on my Parlee RZ7 for about 800mi and in the bike stand, I only get ~3-4 rear wheel rotations following a light spin of the wheel. Is this normal? Seems the rear wheel should spin a lot longer. I used to have an old zipp 202 set and that wheel would spin forever. The RZ7 has a throughbolt axle.

jlok

by jlok

A video would help to illustrate your "light spin" but generally, it should spin very freely for the life of the hub. Preload adjustment should be checked. Also, freehub bearings are shot? Too much wet riding?

I don't own a lot of campy/fulcrum wheels, only 5 or 6 pairs but all spin "forever" even with my abuse.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

jlok wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:55 pm
A video would help to illustrate your "light spin" but generally, it should spin very freely for the life of the hub. Preload adjustment should be checked. Also, freehub bearings are shot? Too much wet riding?

I don't own a lot of campy/fulcrum wheels, only 5 or 6 pairs but all spin "forever" even with my abuse.
What is the procedure for checking the preload? I am not sure if that is the small collar piece with setscrew? Bike has never seen any rain.

jlok

by jlok

https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... 22_ENG.pdf
Op001 - Instructions for the wheel hub adjustment
Instructions for the front and rear hub wheel with low medium high profile carbon aluminium adjustment

btw there are many nice technical manuals over here > https://www.campagnolo.com/WW/en/Support/download?td=4
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

skinnie

by skinnie

Thank you all for the answers. I ended up going for the 45s!
Perfect match for the frame size! Braking is so much better than the old wheels!
Last edited by skinnie on Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carrera Scatto/Ultegra R8000 11s/Campangolo Shamal Mille

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Ah pic wont come up

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

skinnie

by skinnie

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:23 am
Ah pic wont come up Image

Basso Diamante eps 12
Solved, thank you!
Carrera Scatto/Ultegra R8000 11s/Campangolo Shamal Mille

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

jzinckgra wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:14 pm
I've had the WTO60s on my Parlee RZ7 for about 800mi and in the bike stand, I only get ~3-4 rear wheel rotations following a light spin of the wheel. Is this normal? Seems the rear wheel should spin a lot longer. I used to have an old zipp 202 set and that wheel would spin forever. The RZ7 has a throughbolt axle.
Check for rub on disc brake?

octav

by octav

Just bought some new WTO 45 Dark Label from bike 24... :(

Front wheel; looks like a small crack in the rim bead

I just wrote them, want to see what they say. I would prefer a new front wheel rather than to return but the whole set but who knows.
Attachments
20230508_211608.jpg
20230508_211613.jpg

octav

by octav

I just got their reply, they say it's normal :D So I will return them and buy from another website(thought now they are becoming more and more expensive...)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Have campagnolo said anything about that being normal looks pretty abnormal to me for a campagnolo wheel

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

octav

by octav

To be honest it will take too much time to solve it that way... Returning it to BIKE24 and buying another set :(

THeir answer was:
I had the pictures checked again by the colleagues in the technical department. After that it looks like it's a slight manufacturing defect which doesn't look nice, but doesn't affect the function or safety.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

octav wrote:To be honest it will take too much time to solve it that way... Returning it to BIKE24 and buying another set :(

THeir answer was:
I had the pictures checked again by the colleagues in the technical department. After that it looks like it's a slight manufacturing defect which doesn't look nice, but doesn't affect the function or safety.
And this is why one should buy products from a proper dealer rather than online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

octav

by octav

If you have the choice. Nearest distributor 1000kms from me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

octav

by octav

So , I have returned them and bought a set of Bora WTO33 bright rim brake. They have just arrived on Friday morning yesterday went on the first ride they feel super nice with Vittoria Corsa NEXT TLR 26mm
Weight of wheels are 1420 grams(with Campy freehub)