Bora WTO

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
octav

by octav

I want a set for my Colnago Master which has SR12 so I would go with either 33s ( preferably ) or 45s.
For my C60 I want to upgrade to WTO60 from my Ultra50 AC3(but at a later stage).

How is the ride feeling difference between One50 tubular and WTO? I don't care about 200 grams extra on the bikes...

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

ParisCarbon wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:27 am

WTO 60, CULT Treatment, Super Record 11-23 cassette, Turbo Cotton 700X24 with Vittoria Latex tubes
Hi Pariscarbon! This sounds great! May I ask what are the exact bearings that you used?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

NiloCoppi wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:

WTO 60, CULT Treatment, Super Record 11-23 cassette, Turbo Cotton 700X24 with Vittoria Latex tubes
Hi Pariscarbon! This sounds great! May I ask what are the exact bearings that you used?
Best way is to check on Campag’s site. All of the spares are listed out.

Assuming you want to upgrade a pair of rim brake WTO wheels, HB-BO100 for the front & HB-HY100 for the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

NiloCoppi wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:56 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:

Just to clarify.. the bearing itself is the same bearing thats in the current hubs.. its the actual cups that are treated that make it the CULT bearing set.
For a rimbrake setup you will need parts BO100 and HY100 as noted in the previous post.. if you have discbrake, you will need to use the HY100 front and rear

Also be advised you do need proper presses/punch to install and uninstall if you are doing it yourself.. or have a reputable shop with the PROPER tools....

velomane

by velomane

ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:24 pm
Also be advised you do need proper presses/punch to install and uninstall if you are doing it yourself.. or have a reputable shop with the PROPER tools....
Is there such a shop in Winnipeg?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

velomane wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:49 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
Yeah.... ME!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

ParisCarbon wrote:
velomane wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:
Yeah.... ME!
LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

velomane

by velomane

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:58 am
velomane wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:
Yeah.... ME!
Funny, that's what I was thinking as I was typing. Would you do a bearing swap in my Boras then?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

velomane wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:13 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:58 am
velomane wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:
Yeah.... ME!
Funny, that's what I was thinking as I was typing. Would you do a bearing swap in my Boras then?
Are they disc or rim? Send me PM..

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

ParisCarbon wrote:

Just to clarify.. the bearing itself is the same bearing thats in the current hubs.. its the actual cups that are treated that make it the CULT bearing set.
For a rimbrake setup you will need parts BO100 and HY100 as noted in the previous post.. if you have discbrake, you will need to use the HY100 front and rear

thank you! I will definitely consider this upgrade!

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

ParisCarbon wrote:
sorry for my stupid questions. in HB-BO100 and HB-HY100 are the bearings and cups included? or its just the bearings? could I also just use the BO100+HY100 Bearings with the original USB cups? I cant find a clear description on whats included in HY100. For BO100 it says: 2 ball bearings, 2 outer cups, 2 inner cups and 2 seals.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

NiloCoppi wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:00 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
sorry for my stupid questions. in HB-BO100 and HB-HY100 are the bearings and cups included? or its just the bearings? could I also just use the BO100+HY100 Bearings with the original USB cups? I cant find a clear description on whats included in HY100. For BO100 it says: 2 ball bearings, 2 outer cups, 2 inner cups and 2 seals.
You will get everything you need in those kits for the CULT conversion... the bearing you are going to get with the CULT kit is the EXACT same bearing you have in the WTO wheel already , except its gonna be full of grease.. so do not trash them... its the cup and cone kit that makes the CULT kit as they are treated... ultimately you will use light oil on the bearing now once you install them... I personally use a few drop of prolink.. don't grease em..

NiloCoppi

by NiloCoppi

ParisCarbon wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:35 pm
You will get everything you need in those kits for the CULT conversion... the bearing you are going to get with the CULT kit is the EXACT same bearing you have in the WTO wheel already , except its gonna be full of grease.. so do not trash them... its the cup and cone kit that makes the CULT kit as they are treated... ultimately you will use light oil on the bearing now once you install them... I personally use a few drop of prolink.. don't grease em..
thank you! So you would suggest I remove the grease thats in the bearing and replace it with thin oil?

bobones

by bobones

I've had my WTOs a couple of years now, and I haven't touched the hubs at all, save to fit an XDR driver. I don't ride them in the rain if I can help it, but they've been wet a few times, so I guess I should be thinking of servicing the bearings. Any tips or gotchas I should know about?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

NiloCoppi wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:48 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:35 pm
thank you! So you would suggest I remove the grease thats in the bearing and replace it with thin oil?
If you keep your present cups/cones/bearings leave them greased.. if you do the CULT mod with the 2 kits, use the bearings that come with it, they are new, and grease free... before I sealed everything up I just add a few drop of prolink.. just like the CULT crank bearings.. do not grease those...