Bora WTO

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
jlok

by jlok

Is the Shamal Carbon the widest G3 rim at 21mm int width? Is G3 lacing not suitable to a lighter rim design?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Has anyone mixed and matched? I like the idea of a deep rim for speed but am a bit wary of weight and catching wind. I was thinking of using a WTO60 rear and a WTO45 front. It's hard to find wheels being sold as seperates though.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

r_mutt wrote:Has anyone mixed and matched? I like the idea of a deep rim for speed but am a bit wary of weight and catching wind. I was thinking of using a WTO60 rear and a WTO45 front. It's hard to find wheels being sold as seperates though.
You’ll have to special order them. No shop is going to hold different depths singly or spit two pairs.

Yet another reason to use LBS regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r_mutt

by r_mutt

ultimobici wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:57 pm
r_mutt wrote:Has anyone mixed and matched? I like the idea of a deep rim for speed but am a bit wary of weight and catching wind. I was thinking of using a WTO60 rear and a WTO45 front. It's hard to find wheels being sold as seperates though.
You’ll have to special order them. No shop is going to hold different depths singly or spit two pairs.

I remember in the past seeing these sold individually. Perhaps that has stopped now

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Does anyone know of the ideal tire width to maximise aero properties for the WTO wheels?

bobones

by bobones

r_mutt wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:54 pm
Does anyone know of the ideal tire width to maximise aero properties for the WTO wheels?
25 mm WAM

neeb

by neeb

r_mutt wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:54 pm
I think a narrowish 25mm is best - Continental GP 5000 works well. I was running 23mm on the front and 25mm on the back until recently to get full 105%+, but even though a GP 5000 measures slightly over 25mm mounted it's still well under 26mm, and it certainly doesn't seem any slower using 25mm front and rear. Also makes me feel slightly less irredeemably retro having finally ditched all of my 23mm tyres... :D

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

r_mutt wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:57 pm

I remember in the past seeing these sold individually. Perhaps that has stopped now
We used to have them when a pair was spilt for warranty.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Thank you bobones and neeb.

Nixster

by Nixster

Hi all, my rear wto45 bearing is running a bit rough so contemplating a strip and inspection or potentially replacing cup, cones, bearings as necessary.
So what do I need to know apart from Campag YouTube instruction videos?
Special tools? Secret upgrade tips? 😀
Thanks for your help!

simbikotic

by simbikotic

Nixster wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:19 pm
Hi all, my rear wto45 bearing is running a bit rough so contemplating a strip and inspection or potentially replacing cup, cones, bearings as necessary.
Thanks for your help!
They're very easy to service with common tools (Hex, spanner, small flat-head - to tease the split ring, fingers - for the preload ring). There are many useful vids on youtube. I use WD-40 to degrease and drive out moisture then wipe everything clean and use Kluber NB 52 (https://cnc-specialty-store.com/grease- ... 2-50g-tube) to regrease. This is - I believe - the same grease Campag uses.

No special tips other than take your time and remember the order the bits came out. It's hardly a swiss-watch but still annoying if a bearing or pawl pings accross the kitchen floor...

One final point. My rear WTO 45 is prone to developing slight bearing play and I have to tighten is every few months. Not sure if that is related to your rough running but worth keeping an eye on.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

simbikotic wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:09 pm
Nixster wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:19 pm
Thanks for your help!
They're very easy to service with common tools (Hex, spanner, small flat-head - to tease the split ring, fingers - for the preload ring). There are many useful vids on youtube. I use WD-40 to degrease and drive out moisture then wipe everything clean and use Kluber NB 52 (https://cnc-specialty-store.com/grease- ... 2-50g-tube) to regrease. This is - I believe - the same grease Campag uses.

No special tips other than take your time and remember the order the bits came out. It's hardly a swiss-watch but still annoying if a bearing or pawl pings accross the kitchen floor...

One final point. My rear WTO 45 is prone to developing slight bearing play and I have to tighten is every few months. Not sure if that is related to your rough running but worth keeping an eye on.
Worth tightening up the hub every 2,000km to avoid play (totally ruins shifting).

You need a good quality 14mm cone spanner for the non drive side and a 17mm spanner on the drive side. 5 minute job, no need to take the cassette off.

The question is why does it come loose in the first place?
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

parma

by parma

adoro las wto 60 , me encantannnnn :lol:
Attachments
QUE BIEN SE SIENTE LAS 60 WTO
QUE BIEN SE SIENTE LAS 60 WTO

jlok

by jlok

so... a Bora WTO refresh? A 21-spoke WTO has been installed on BMC's prototype.
https://images.immediate.co.uk/producti ... =620%2C413
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Attermann

by Attermann

Haven't they always been 21 spokes?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com