FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
cberg
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:30 am

by cberg

I have started using my carbon spoke hypers after the winter and so far they are great!

And for the record the 28mm Michelin Power Cup clinchers that I put on the wheels measure 32mm

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



juliank
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:14 pm

by juliank

cberg wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:07 am
I have started using my carbon spoke hypers after the winter and so far they are great!

And for the record the 28mm Michelin Power Cup clinchers that I put on the wheels measure 32mm
Sounds like you have the 24mm internal, 30mm external hypers? How is that working out? I've read multiple times now not to put the powercup on inner widths larger than like 20mm as it has tiny tread coverage and you end up riding on the sidewalls when blowing them up that much.

So hence I took them out of consideration for me.

cberg
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:30 am

by cberg

I havent raced on them on these wheels so right now its not an issue, and Im putting GP5000s on soon.

I did race on the power cups last year on my DT Swiss ARC 1400 wheels and didnt notice much

eins4eins
Posts: 740
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:49 am

by eins4eins

BikeTyson wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:27 pm
Image


Hyper 58 depth, 24/30 int/ext. Weighed with tape, came out to 1,310g for the set. Not too bad. They sent tubeless valves but they're too short and won't work. Which is kind of annoying but I was probably going to pick up some colored ones anyway. These babies are wide. I've only run 21mm internal so wider than anything I've run previously. Going to set up with Criterium RS 27s.
Looking great! I ordered the same wheels last. How long took building and shipping?

warickwrx
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:33 pm

by warickwrx

Thought I might mention that I tested an OEM DT Swiss Free body hub that came off a DT 350 28 Hole Straight Pull hub on my RD270 hubs................and needless to say it fitted flawlessly. I wanted to test compatbility w.r.t microspline interface.

markgoldstein
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:53 am
Contact:

by markgoldstein

Looks like they've refreshed the wheelsfar website design and added a new 40mm / 1135g option for the 24/30mm rim (the 30mm deep rim has disappeared now).

Also you can now pay in one of six different currencies - I think it was just USD before?

LRB23
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 5:02 pm

by LRB23

markgoldstein wrote:Looks like they've refreshed the wheelsfar website design and added a new 40mm / 1135g option for the 24/30mm rim (the 30mm deep rim has disappeared now).

Also you can now pay in one of six different currencies - I think it was just USD before?
Interesting… that’s put a spanner in the works. I was all set on the 35mm with 21mm internal but always had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that they weren’t deep enough and the 45mm were too close to the 55mm I wanted.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EtoDemerzel
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:13 pm

by EtoDemerzel

LRB23 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:06 pm
markgoldstein wrote:Looks like they've refreshed the wheelsfar website design and added a new 40mm / 1135g option for the 24/30mm rim (the 30mm deep rim has disappeared now).

Also you can now pay in one of six different currencies - I think it was just USD before?
Interesting… that’s put a spanner in the works. I was all set on the 35mm with 21mm internal but always had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that they weren’t deep enough and the 45mm were too close to the 55mm I wanted.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roughly a 50g difference between the two.
Aerodynamically, I don't know if the 5mm additional depth cancels the 2mm added width.
Though, it will give you better aero if running 30mm> tires.

Tough call. Depends on the tire width you plan to run.
For an overall wheel, probably would go for the new 40mm.
Racing, climbing, I would go 35's. This is weight weenies, after all. :)

toxin
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:56 pm

by toxin

You can probably still get them and other unlisted stuff if you ask

BikeTyson
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:16 pm

by BikeTyson

eins4eins wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:35 am
BikeTyson wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:27 pm
Image


Hyper 58 depth, 24/30 int/ext. Weighed with tape, came out to 1,310g for the set. Not too bad. They sent tubeless valves but they're too short and won't work. Which is kind of annoying but I was probably going to pick up some colored ones anyway. These babies are wide. I've only run 21mm internal so wider than anything I've run previously. Going to set up with Criterium RS 27s.
Looking great! I ordered the same wheels last. How long took building and shipping?
It was right around a month from purchase to arriving at my house if I recall correctly. Not too bad.

wwnero
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:39 pm

by wwnero

warickwrx wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:29 pm
Thought I might mention that I tested an OEM DT Swiss Free body hub that came off a DT 350 28 Hole Straight Pull hub on my RD270 hubs................and needless to say it fitted flawlessly. I wanted to test compatbility w.r.t microspline interface.
Curious if you compared the difference in freehub noise between the 2? Is it the freehub body that creates the louder noise or the hub itself? I'm finding the noise on the rd270 to be a bit too quite for my liking.

Erwin
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:13 am
Location: Bavaria

by Erwin

warickwrx wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:29 pm
Thought I might mention that I tested an OEM DT Swiss Free body hub that came off a DT 350 28 Hole Straight Pull hub on my RD270 hubs................and needless to say it fitted flawlessly. I wanted to test compatbility w.r.t microspline interface.
Interesting. :thumbup: Is the DT 350 still the older ratchet system or meanwhile EXP standard too?

LRB23
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 5:02 pm

by LRB23

EtoDemerzel wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:02 pm
LRB23 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:06 pm
markgoldstein wrote:Looks like they've refreshed the wheelsfar website design and added a new 40mm / 1135g option for the 24/30mm rim (the 30mm deep rim has disappeared now).

Also you can now pay in one of six different currencies - I think it was just USD before?
Interesting… that’s put a spanner in the works. I was all set on the 35mm with 21mm internal but always had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that they weren’t deep enough and the 45mm were too close to the 55mm I wanted.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roughly a 50g difference between the two.
Aerodynamically, I don't know if the 5mm additional depth cancels the 2mm added width.
Though, it will give you better aero if running 30mm> tires.

Tough call. Depends on the tire width you plan to run.
For an overall wheel, probably would go for the new 40mm.
Racing, climbing, I would go 35's. This is weight weenies, after all. :)
Still trying to work that one out. I wanted to try a set of Challenge Criterium's but they only go up to a 28mm. I'm not sure Id get away with running them on a 30mm wide rim????

I'm putting together a build that is weight weenie driven. The idea of running wide comfy tyres may seem as a contradiction.

EtoDemerzel
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:13 pm

by EtoDemerzel

28 tires on a 30 wide rim is fine hooked. Should be aero.
not counting 19 internal options, a ww build would be 35 deep, 21 internal, 28 external, 1092g

toxin
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:56 pm

by toxin

28s are probably gonna blow up beyond 30 mm on a 24 internal rim

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Post Reply