Craft Racing wheels - carbon spokes 1180g

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
toxin

by toxin

Certainly can find gains in the hub.

Air is gonna flow much nicer around a thin disc than spinning blocks or cylinder

Why do you think pt tested the lun mega faster than d67? It certainly wasn't the rim shape or 1 less spoke per wheel

Sander7721

by Sander7721

I will be intrested to see the weights of the deeper Profile CRW's Joe is testing currrently.
I would have like say a 60/65 myself but looks like a 70/80
SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sander7721

by Sander7721

Soory Just seen they are 65/75! hmmm maybe 1380grams
SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

Sander7721

by Sander7721

toxin wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:44 pm

Air is gonna flow much nicer around a thin disc than spinning blocks or cylinder

Why do you think pt tested the lun mega faster than d67? It certainly wasn't the rim shape or 1 less spoke per wheel
I will have a look the CRW's have been the fastest wheels accoring to PT.
Megas probably as RDY said look at the spoke hub interface of the Mega's its similar to Milensteins
SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

Sander7721

by Sander7721

Any here have a set of Megas?
SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

Sander7721

by Sander7721

RDY toxin are you running CRW's?
SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

MarcFaFo

by MarcFaFo

Sander7721 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:53 pm
toxin wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:44 pm

I will have a look the CRW's have been the fastest wheels accoring to PT.
Megas .... Milensteins
PT says in one of his Podcasts/reviews that he thinks that his CDA (body square area) has reduced when he tested the CRW and Mega's as he just had came back from cycling in the mountains and lost over 3kg.
Might be that the aero gain will be a slight twich less ;-)

Sander7721

by Sander7721

RDY wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:09 am
The new Cadex wheels will be a lot stiffer than the CRWs. Spokes are really wide, and if you're to trust Giant's data, then it's a lot stiffer than the LW Obermayer Evo or Synchros Capital SL (presumably shallower ones).

But hookless and 28mm external width ....

I'm sure they'll be fast at the Olympics for those riding 25s on the new Cadex road bike. But otherwise, no thanks.
Just had a look at these, they look like the same wider carbon spokes as the CRW's imo.
A somoe point someone will confirm thickenesses. But who wants a megs stiff wheel there needs to be some balanace with compliance
SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

toxin

by toxin

Sander7721 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:02 pm
RDY toxin are you running CRW's?
No, I am a broke student.
MarcFaFo wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:40 pm
PT says in one of his Podcasts/reviews that he thinks that his CDA (body square area) has reduced when he tested the CRW and Mega's as he just had came back from cycling in the mountains and lost over 3kg.
Might be that the aero gain will be a slight twich less ;-)
He also says the hierarchy is probably still valid even with that.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Sander7721 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:48 pm
I'm also hoping your prediction is correct. For something that deep (65/75) and wide, coming in under 1400g would be awesome.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

UrgentDelay

by UrgentDelay

Vuong05 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:31 pm
Sander7721 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:48 pm
I'm also hoping your prediction is correct. For something that deep (65/75) and wide, coming in under 1400g would be awesome.
6575s will be around 1440g, which is still very good

MarcFaFo

by MarcFaFo

toxin wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:13 pm
He also says the hierarchy is probably still valid even with that.
That is correct and hopefully what I tried to convey as well.

Gin0rm0

by Gin0rm0

Does anyone know if the Craft wheels would fit on a 2023 Scott Foil? If so, I'd appreciate suggestions on tyres/sizes.Perhaps 28mm GP5000?

Scott say 30mm tyre clearance.

Thanks.

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

UrgentDelay wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:00 am

6575s will be around 1440g, which is still very good
My set are 1420g. Official weight will probably be 1430g or so. :) Official stats coming soon. I have about 800km on my pair now. All in all, exactly what you expect from a deepr CRW. They still take off from traffic lights like s**t of a shovel (but not as extreme as the shallower CRWs) they seem to cruise above 30 really nicely (again, placebo, ass-dyno, etc etc.) but the biggest difference I felt was doing descents. It almost feels like someone is pushing you down the hill. I assume the deeper profile sees more gains at higher speeds / lower yaw angles. So, during descents above 60kph is where I could feel the biggest differences. There's lots of descents in Xiamen that I've done dozens of times, and with these wheels I found myself arriving at hairpins carrying more speed than I'm used to (obviously the gains are exponential as you accelerate faster and faster with gravity) There were a few code browns trying to bleed off the speed. But I always forget just how hard you can yank the brakes with 28mm tires at 60psi.

One interesting note from my testing... usually when the rear wheel gets above 65mm, you start getting a 'whoom whoom whoom' noise if you throw the bike left to right at low cadence. That noise is almost non-existant on the CS6575s. My theory: That sound is usually created by a low pressure area being created behind the "brick" of a wheel as it rocks from left to right, and then the sound is the air rushing to fill that low pressure area. However, as the rear wheels is such a fat ba**tard, with it's fattest point about 1/3rd down the rim, I think that low pressure area / effect is minimized. Again, just a theory, and I've only ridden about 5 or 6 rear wheels deeper than 65, but this is the first one that doesnt "womp womp womp' (I was actually slightly disappointed... I kind of like that noise.. haha.)

Anyway, full review will go on the YouTube channel beginning or middle of March... again, take all my reviews with a pinch of salt because I am selling these things afterall.

Final weight and price are TBC... I hope they'll be the same price as the rest of the range, but it depends what CRW charge us. Their manufacturing costs are higher for this wheel... obviously uses more material than the others, and apparently has a lower QC pass rate (because the surface area of the rim is a lot higher, therefore more likely to have QC issues / defects.)

Any questions lemme know, but I don't have too much time for weightweenies browsing. :up:

toxin

by toxin

Deeper wheels actually see the most gain against shellower wheels at higher yaw angles as they can take advantage of the sail effect, at lower angles the difference becomes much more marginal.

I like to hear that the rear is actually very wide. Less aero loss from the width because it's at the rear and will encourage a wider tire for better balance of comfort and and rolling resistance reduction. The kinda bulging rim profile has been gaining popularity as a balance between crosswind stability and aerodynamics of the trailing and leading edges. Though it does benefit the most from a narrow tyre.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com