The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

calpartz

by calpartz

slake21 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:54 pm
calpartz wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:48 pm
… I tested today the Aeroad but I had a huge problem with crosswinds: the bike was very unstable. Is this a problem of the frame, of the wheels or of both? Can this frame be such sensible for crosswinds?
probably the wheels, although it wouldn't hurt to know how deep they are.

I have shallow 30mm wheels and even those sometimes are hard to control in strong winds.
The wheels are the REYNOLDS STRIKE SLG CARBON DISC TUBELESS 62mm. The bike was just very unstable. Then I tried the Ultimate SLX with the MAVIC COSMIC PRO CARBON DISC 42mm and it was good. That's because I'm asking if the problem were the wheels. But now I read on CyclingTips about the Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 Di2 that the problem could be the bike itself: "The wind turned out to be the biggest problem for the Aeroad CF SLX. The Cosmic Pro wheelset was highly susceptible to crosswinds, but so was the frame. Switching to low profile wheels didn’t do much to calm the bike, and after a week of strong winds, the Aeroad was losing some of its appeal." This is for me NOT good. I think, I will choose the Ultimate.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slake21

by slake21

TdF sale is on if anyone wants to buy a bike cheaper

Jaspero

by Jaspero

Hi new here on the forum. Good to find a Canyon love thread!

Here’s mine:

Ultimate cf slx frameset
SRAM force gruppo w/ Quarq Dbzero powermeter.
Mavic CCU tubular / DTswiss rr22 training or wet weather wheelset
Weight should be around 6.7 kg
Ultimate cf slx
Ultimate cf slx
- Jasper

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

slake21 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:27 pm
TdF sale is on if anyone wants to buy a bike cheaper
An Ultimate CF SL with Etap for €3000 ... tempting :P

yinya

by yinya

I tried both Ultimate SLX and Aeroad SLX. And the Aeroad was more comfortable - probably because the Ultimate had some really tough tyres. So my take is that frames are probably so close you/I won’t be able to feel any difference...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoon

by shoon

yinya wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:21 pm
I tried both Ultimate SLX and Aeroad SLX. And the Aeroad was more comfortable - probably because the Ultimate had some really tough tyres. So my take is that frames are probably so close you/I won’t be able to feel any difference...

their seatpost are different too. The aeroad one, has the split in the middle of the seatpost

slake21

by slake21

shoon wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:40 am
yinya wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:21 pm

their seatpost are different too. The aeroad one, has the split in the middle of the seatpost
I think you mean the Endurace. The Aeroad has a one piece seatpost.

deepblue

by deepblue

I just pulled the trigger on an Aeroad CF SLX Disc 9.0 LTD, which comes with SRAM Red ETAP groupset. I'd like to install it with a power meter when it arrives. From what I've read, I think that the Quarq Dzero spider would be a good option, but want to make sure that it's compatible. This bike comes with 36/52 chainrings, so is this the model that I need?

110 BCD HB
SKU: 00.3018.156.000
https://www.quarq.com/product/quarq-dze ... 2fmnld5x2u

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

deepblue wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:59 pm
I just pulled the trigger on an Aeroad CF SLX Disc 9.0 LTD, which comes with SRAM Red ETAP groupset. I'd like to install it with a power meter when it arrives. From what I've read, I think that the Quarq Dzero spider would be a good option, but want to make sure that it's compatible. This bike comes with 36/52 chainrings, so is this the model that I need?
No. The Sram Red crankset that the bike ships with has the spider integrated with the driveside crankarm, it cannot be replaced. If you want to install a DZero powermeter you must get the complete package including crankarms.

FrankG

by FrankG

Hi, looking for a Mavic CXR C60 rear wheel only, anybody have one spare or know where I could purchase one?

Thanks.
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

hanakuso1

by hanakuso1

Does anyone know what part this is for?

slake21

by slake21

hanakuso1 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:09 am
Does anyone know what part this is for?
if you have an electronic bike, that piece goes in place of the cable guide under the bottom bracket

hannawald

by hannawald

Has anybody tried both H31 and H36 (Ultimate and Endurace) bars? Endurace bars are significantly lighter, do they have any cons? are they less stiff than ultimate bars or what is the reason of such a big weight difference?

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

hannawald wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:33 pm
Has anybody tried both H31 and H36 (Ultimate and Endurace) bars? Endurace bars are significantly lighter, do they have any cons? are they less stiff than ultimate bars or what is the reason of such a big weight difference?
Don't know for sure but I could definitely imagine the H36 bars to be less stiff in order to soak up more road buzz as the Endurace is a comfort oriented bike. Differences that I can confirm though are that it lacks the recess underneath the stem for a Di2 junction box, the layout of the screw holes for attaching computer mounts are totally different and the bar tape area extends further toward the center.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hannawald

by hannawald

i know about the missing recess, just wondering if that helped loosing weight.. maybe they are not pushing aero so they have more space for bar tape and visible junction box but that helped with weight and comfort.. just would like to know if the differences could be felt..
i had a better acceleration feeling from ultimate vs endurance but don't know if it was frame, bars, wheels or slightly different position..