Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

eugenechristophe

by eugenechristophe

velov wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:21 am
Medium AdH21 Disc
Had the frame sitting around for way too long so just built it up with spare random left-over parts. I might actually end up keeping the Juin Tech on it, working really well so far but I also live in a very flat area.

nikospeed wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:18 am
Looks like a good fit IMO, just take a 10mm longer stem or 10mm longer bar.
FWIW - I (177cm, 713mm saddle height) am on a S 01
Thanks for your help.

I live in a hilly area, with some good climbs close to my hometown. So, I think that the Alpe d'Huez21 can be a great option tonrace trought this roads.

On the other hand, I want it with rim break 'cause I love my wheels (Hyperon for training, Bora 35mm. for racing and LW Meilenstein to "coffe rides" :D ), and I could achieve the frame at a great price. (And honestly, I want to change from Specialized).

My biggest fear was that 21 frame could be not good for racing, but that idea goes away with your feedback.

Thanks again!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MDecius

by MDecius

Posted this on the other Time thread, but also thought I'd drop it here in le club Time.

Recently completd ADH'01 size M, Ultegra R8150 Di2, Bora WTO 45s.

7.8kg with pedals and a finishing kit which prioritizes cost over weight. :)) Over time it should come down to ~7.2 by going tubeless, carbon cockpit, and DA cassette.

Had 2 rides on it so far, and it is absolutely rapid without being rough. Couldn't be happier with the purchase so far!
Attachments
LeTime.jpeg
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

m4k1

by m4k1

Good looking build! Congratulations

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Well done! Enjoy.

Which cockpit are you considering?

MDecius

by MDecius

Kumppa wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:30 pm
Well done! Enjoy.

Which cockpit are you considering?
Thanks! I am looking currently at the Specialized Alpinist SL cockpit, pricey but only 225g for the entire thing (claimed). The only thing I don't like about the bar is that it's purely external cable routing, which I'm used to but for that price I'd want something which has a few holes drilled in it...

Not sure I'll end up with that one though, other ones I'm looking at are the Primavera or Zipp SL70, which are more aero/internal routed but not as light.

Any other suggestions?
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

steveadore

by steveadore

Those of you who have rim brake models, have you have any issues with QR skewers indenting the surface of the carbon dropouts, especially in the rear? I'm not quite sure how tough Time's "forged" carbon dropouts are supposed to be, but in general I'm not 100% happy with the use of carbon dropouts for non-thru axle frames

nikospeed

by nikospeed

No problems here (with Corima and Tune QR skewers). And I do tighten them quite substantially 😁

velov

by velov

Anyone have experience with the Izon? Considering getting one but slightly concerned about the really short wheelbase (971 for Small).

Belisarius

by Belisarius

andreasreichl wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:27 am
dear weight weenies,

my name is andreas from linz/austria. i am new here. i do love riding bikes and especially like going uphill, on the flat and without colleagues it can be a bit boring to me.
and me
---

Andreas, I am also fishing for one, but you cannot make a mistake! I am 172 cms inseam 82, 82kg post winter, 77kg mid summer. All professional fittings have me on a stack of some 550 min 560 preferred) and reach of 380-385 with a 90 mm stem. I go for 100 to avoid hitting the handlebars. This eliminates for me brands such as Specialized Giant etc... In Colnago VR3S I am a perfect 52S. Time I am Medium, and nothing less especially if you may end up adding a electronic, there is no cable room for 70 mm spacers. But basically with a proper fit a good bike fits me like a glove and a good bike is very tough for me due to long legs and short torso.

You are definitely smaller than Medium due to your 79cm inseam. But remember what Calnago (RIP) wrote the specs will be off and higher!

I recommend that you do a professional fit / measurement school for actual perfect stack to reach then, and only then you buy. I ordered my V3RS blindly but, true to specs, it fit like a glove...

To give you an idea, although I did fits in 2014 and 2015, in 2020 I felt the need for another done with he specialized Retul. They raised my seat height by 10 mm and, the power and speed I gained (5%) were a shock. So 2 km hr at 40.

The reason why the saddle height matters is the changing saddle rail length that forum folks here did not mention in 2018. So saddle makers SHORTENED rails to lower weight and move the rear bens forward! 2014 carbon saddles such a specialized Romin EVO lost 15 mm at the rear for a 2021 EVO as did many brands. This was the biggest secret Garfunkel in the cycling industry as it messed people's seatpost options, they ended up setback to the rear, unable to advance the rails, and now the clamps have to be minimalist to permit some fwd movement, fortunately Time offers the 0 post.

Right now Selle San Marco and overpriced Selle Italia are reintroducing longer rails, 10 mmm. So keep in mind a new saddle geometry for a beautiful new Time...

Also, no matter the saddle, at 10.000 Kim's they are done. Selle Italia starts unceremoniously harming the back at 5000-7000 Kms....

But, overall, please do a professional fit before committing such money and also if you did one before, odds are things changed over the years depending of flexibility etc...
Last edited by Belisarius on Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belisarius

by Belisarius

Apv wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:14 am
Finally joined club Time this past weekend.

It's a 2019 Scylon with the Aktiv fork.

Built up with Ultegra Di2 rim brakes, Easton EC70 carbon aero bars, and EA90 stem.
Wheels are custom built DT240s 54T ratchet with CX-Ray spokes.
Still need to change the saddle and bottle cages at some point.

Looks beautiful, how does it ride? I am soo tempted by the rim version to extend my aged worn out Italian rim. But debating school vs ADH01.. I know the difference and live in flat areas...
Last edited by Belisarius on Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belisarius

by Belisarius

nikospeed wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:45 pm
Hi @velov,

As you asked - quick initial ride report...

Did some 75 hilly kms with my club yesterday and another flat, hot 41 kms today.
Overall this is a stiff bike. Pretty firm (but not harsh) ride. It feels slower than it is (especially when you come from the ultra nimble 785 RS) due to the heavy fork in combination with the larger trail. The 785 is really lively with its 280g fork. The AdH is more sure-footed especially downhill.
Did some uphill PRs by accident and got a downhill KOM where I increased avg speed from 55 to 64.5 km/h. So the bike is fast, no question 😁.
The fork is a lot more rigid than the lightweight one of the Look. Braking is substantially more solid (the Look fork as more fore/aft flex, one may experience some brake shudder) and the Aktiv damper works best on patchy roads. Feels as if you have 0.5bar less pressure in the front tire.
But the Aktiv fork is IMHO too much for the light frame. Imagine a MX5 where you put an old cast iron BMW straight six over the front axle. Steering becomes a bit slower but the car is surely planted in quick downhill sweepers (hence my KOM, I felt totally at peace). The Look in comparison is that MX5: "oh there is a turn, let me take it!".
So if I had a free wish I would change the fork for a normal one. Then it would be the perfect bike for me - light, stiff, predictable and incredibly good looking 🤩. Won't mention the build quality, @kgt has said it all👍

Hope this helps
Niko
I will order it with the normal fork

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Ok so, I really wonder if you folks can be of any help with the dressing up of my next frame purchase,it's a 01 disc silver gray.

I need to keep the bike with a very simple and utilitarian look, I want the bike to be beautiful but not something to ogle at everytime. You look at it, you jump on it and ride the crap out of it . I'd like to give business to my LBS but the guy carries only Fulcrum,Zipp or Mavic wheels. Although I had Fulcrums speed 40 on my C64 and they basically were the only good thing about that bike, maybe the 3K weave of the wheels may be a bit too much of " in your face" carbon along with the frame. It's bad because the little red logo on their rims may be a perfect little dot of color for such a stealth frame. Completely ignorant about Zipp, fairly disappointed about Mavic, but its 2005-2012 I'm talking about so I don't know if they finally managed to learn how to do things properly.
Groupset will be my Sram Force transferred from my Canyon Endurace.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Devastazione wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:00 pm
Ok so, I really wonder if you folks can be of any help with the dressing up of my next frame purchase,it's a 01 disc silver gray.

I need to keep the bike with a very simple and utilitarian look, I want the bike to be beautiful but not something to ogle at everytime. You look at it, you jump on it and ride the crap out of it . I'd like to give business to my LBS but the guy carries only Fulcrum,Zipp or Mavic wheels. Although I had Fulcrums speed 40 on my C64 and they basically were the only good thing about that bike, maybe the 3K weave of the wheels may be a bit too much of " in your face" carbon along with the frame. Completely ignorant about Zipp, fairly disappointed about Mavic, but its 2005-2012 I'm talking about so I don't know if they finally managed to learn how to do things properly.
I just ordered the ADH 23, gloss carbon/black (for me, I think the carbon is the point, so I did not want hide it).

I didn't go with the Zipp or Hed wheels offered by Time as they're hookless. I ordered Black Inc Twenty wheels, which are incredibly beautiful but still understated - marble effect carbon, mostly matte except for small gloss sections, and barely visible logos. 1280g actual weight, Conti GP5K 28mm measure around 28.5mm mounted at 80PSI.

Devastazione

by Devastazione

inertianinja wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:13 pm
Devastazione wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:00 pm

I need to keep the bike with a very simple and utilitarian look, I want the bike to be beautiful but not something to ogle at everytime. You look at it, you jump on it and ride the crap out of it . I'd like to give business to my LBS but the guy carries only Fulcrum,Zipp or Mavic wheels. Although I had Fulcrums speed 40 on my C64 and they basically were the only good thing about that bike, maybe the 3K weave of the wheels may be a bit too much of " in your face" carbon along with the frame. Completely ignorant about Zipp, fairly disappointed about Mavic, but its 2005-2012 I'm talking about so I don't know if they finally managed to learn how to do things properly.
I just ordered the ADH 23, gloss carbon/black (for me, I think the carbon is the point, so I did not want hide it).

I didn't go with the Zipp or Hed wheels offered by Time as they're hookless. I ordered Black Inc Twenty wheels, which are incredibly beautiful but still understated - marble effect carbon, mostly matte except for small gloss sections, and barely visible logos. 1280g actual weight, Conti GP5K 28mm measure around 28.5mm mounted at 80PSI.
Yeah those are nice, but at first i'd like to give business to my LBS, he will be assembling a frame I did not even buy from him and they always take care of me in an incredibly professional manner. And yes, I need them tubeless because i will most likely place my 28 mm Pirelli Cinturatos.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dhalbrook

by dhalbrook

I noticed the AdH 23 frame is now ready for purchase in "Ready to Paint" for $200 less than the "gloss carbon" finish: https://shop.timebicycles.com/collectio ... 9429803199

Has anyone bought a RTP frame? Is it bare carbon?

I'm intrigued in a AdH 23 frame but with a really minimal clearcoat and more subtle graphics like the ADHX. This seems like one way to do that.