Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

You’re quite allowed to agree with whoever you want to agree with. But Leuscher and I are saying the same thing and I’m not disagreeing with anything he said. I just take it one step further and ask the question “why is it necessary in the first place”. I believe the softness of the steertube is the answer to that question.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kgt

by kgt

No, you and Luescher have a totally different point of view. You see a bad-complicated solution to a problematic (soft-crushable) steerer where he just sees good-advanced engineering.
I don't care to change your mind but that's how it is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Here’s what I “see”... A solution to supporting a relatively soft (by design) steertube at two critically important points, the stem and the upper bearing of the headset. I’ve changed my viewpoint that it is “unnecessary” in this case, for this particular type of steertube. But it is not necessary for the vast majority of forks in the market today.
I’m not saying the steertube is in any way “problematic” although it probably would be without TIME’s unique solution. It is fine. Rest easy.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

m4k1

by m4k1

should i go vxrs ulteam bettini world champion edition? could go up one size from my worldstar

m4k1

by m4k1

the bettini is a bit too coulourfull and the fork on it is too fat compared to the frame.
i´m afraid the fit would be great but in the end i would still prefer a world star and the hunt would continue

kgt

by kgt

The fork seems the same to me:

m4k1

by m4k1

different bettini special edition

kgt

by kgt

Both look equally nice IMO. Whatever you like.

m4k1

by m4k1

i´m very undecided. on the one hand the fit would be better than my worldstar, but on the other hand i think worldstar is the best design time ever had and i would much rather get a worldstar sized L. but they pop up so very rarely that i wonder if i will ever find one

kgt

by kgt

I would go for the correct fit. Both frames look great.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Note that if you plan to use LW wheelset (e.g Std Gen3, Ventoux Gen3), the fork on the earlier VXRS Ulteam (like the white Bettini above) will not fit and requires special spacer. Without the spacers, the flange will rub against the inner fork.

As for which frame, I’ll definitely go for the Bettini, if it fits.

Cheers

m4k1

by m4k1

can´t decide. but i guess i will keep looking for a world star sized L.
so if anybody of you come across one...let me know

havana

by havana

Work in progress...
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

m4k1

by m4k1

the hunt for L continues, but new bars and original stem on M now

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com