Cannondale FSi builds

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Clean39T

by Clean39T

Vik61 wrote:F-Si 1 L Alloy.
Thanks ChrizZZz for answers...

12,82 kg from the box without pedals.
10,18 kg now, and I see about 9,8 kg in future.

Click for big photo.

Can you run us through your main changes? And how do you like the ride?

REI has this for $1,695 in my XL size, but I'm hesitating over trying to find a Carbon 3 at a deeper discount...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean39T

by Clean39T

DOUG wrote:Have had this for a while now and loving it more every time I take it for a ride! 9.38kg inc. cages, Garmin mount and pedals.

There's a few simple things i could do to save a bit of weight (bars, cages, saddle etc.) but I'm happy with the way it rides and 9.38kg is definitely plenty light. Still need to cut the steerer now that I'm happy with the position.

Gorgeous. Trying to justify the extra $2K+ to get this over an Alloy 1 and upgrading that..hmm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DOUG

by DOUG

Cheers. I think the Carbon frame would be a much more comfortable ride than the Al although i haven't ridden both side by side so its difficult to say for sure, I do love the lime green though. The new Lefty is such a great fork and the Crossmax wheelset is bomber.

Taking it out for its first marathon race this weekend after racing XCO for last few months.

Clean39T

by Clean39T

DOUG wrote:Cheers. I think the Carbon frame would be a much more comfortable ride than the Al although i haven't ridden both side by side so its difficult to say for sure, I do love the lime green though. The new Lefty is such a great fork and the Crossmax wheelset is bomber.

Taking it out for its first marathon race this weekend after racing XCO for last few months.

I have a berserker green SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod - would be great to get the matching set [emoji851][emoji106]

Vik61

by Vik61

Clean39T wrote:Can you run us through your main changes? And how do you like the ride?
REI has this for $1,695 in my XL size, but I'm hesitating over trying to find a Carbon 3 at a deeper discount...

Now 9.95 kg.
New changes:
- crankset Sram X.0 carbon + 32T Neutrino chainring DM (- 165 grams)
- pedals BBB BDP-13 Ti (- 48 gr)
- chinese wind cutter rotors 160 mm (- 13 gr but 2 mm thickness, old was 1.8 mm)
- saddle Syncros XR 1.5 142 mm (- 17 gr)
- stem 80 mm (same weight, my fit)

No new foto. We have a snow winter now :)
Alu frame is heavy, but very comfy riding and siff on pedaling. 436 chainstay ++.
All new carbon frame have some trouble with standard 135 mm rear wheels.

UPD.
Main changes from stock:
- carbon handlebar, from China (-180 gr)*
- carbon seatpost, China (-166 gr)*
- saddle Syncros XR.15 (-95 gr, my fit)
- rear wheel FunWorks/DT aero/Atmosphere SL (xD driver, specialized s-works fast track tubeless, -777 gr)*
- front tyre (tubeless, racing ralph evo -85 gr)*
- cranckset X.0 32T Neutrino (-242 gr)
- removing front der./shifter & cable (-70 gr)
- sram gx rear der. & sram gx 10-42 & sram xx1 shifter & PC1130 chain (- 100gr)*
- brakes Shimano XTR M900 & rotors 160 (-280 gr)*

* from my old bike

Canyon Grizl
Trek Supercaliber

roeman

by roeman

Slightly off topic but same fork, Just got a Scapel Si Race, will a 90mm -20 cannondale stem clear the pinch bolt on the top crown of the lefty 2.0? Just want to lower the front end a little.

Cheeers

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNCgWdajgd7 ... by=romes_1
Giant XTC Team 2014
Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 2016
Cannondale Scalpel Si 2018 Team
Cervelo S5 Dura Ace - Enve 4.5's

Sidewalk

by Sidewalk

My 2014 Carbon 2. A customer of my LBS broke his frame so they did a swap, the ordered replacement ended up being the green C1 (same spec, different color).

After swapping the hoops for Crest MK3's a few months ago the bike is race ready (pedals, sealant, etc) at 9.9Kg.

I'm looking to buy or build a new set of wheels for next season. Any recommendations bang for the buck? Looks like Valor might be the best option price/weight wise. But custom build is always an option, my LBS loves building custom bits! I can go with Chinese carbon, but I get good pricing so I might as well go with the real deal.

Or I could build another set of Crest with light hubs and save some money. i could use a power meter...
Attachments
F-Si SART
F-Si SART

rupps5

by rupps5

The first edition carbon 2 bikes i swear were speced with a 69.5hta and the new ones look to be 69.7hta. Did they change the specs or am i just remembering wrong?

Sidewalk

by Sidewalk

First year (2014) was 69.5, I don't know about after that. I love the handling of this bike, even if it is too large for me.

dapperdan

by dapperdan

Love it! Looking to add one to my quiver, been on a SS rigid forever. Have a line on a black inc. might have to just do it.
DOUG wrote:Have had this for a while now and loving it more every time I take it for a ride! 9.38kg inc. cages, Garmin mount and pedals.

There's a few simple things i could do to save a bit of weight (bars, cages, saddle etc.) but I'm happy with the way it rides and 9.38kg is definitely plenty light. Still need to cut the steerer now that I'm happy with the position.

Sidewalk

by Sidewalk

Finally got around to weighing mine with my updates. Race ready comes out just shy of 9 Kg. That's with the aluminum Lefty, not carbon. I'm contemplating saving up for a used Scalpel frame/carbon Lefty for next season to replace this, but I'm not sure yet.
Attachments
16904727_1270547099705549_1590048273269299512_o__1495077407_96.40.182.45.jpg

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

is possible to install race face crank on a F-si ?
http://eliflap.it/

DOUG

by DOUG

Some updates.

I absolutely trashed my Mavic Crossmax wheelset after washing out the front and smashing the rim directly onto a rather pointy rock. The rear was also damaged and late last year and I was waiting on a replacement rim (6 weeks delivery!) when this happened. The bike was fine thankfully although the front wheel was DOA. The Mavics have caused me no end of trouble due mostly to their very narrow profile (18mm). I couldnt face another burped tire and their "proprietary everything" made repairs a massive PITA, not to mention the delays getting parts. So i decided to part ways with the French brand and go back to trusty old Stans rims. Their MKIII rims are as good as any allow rim on the market IMO and better than the vast majority of carbon rims out there without the eye watering price tag.

Was looking to go the whole WW build route but in the end decided I was better off going for wide and bomb proof. Settled on the following:

- Stans Arch Rims MKIII (26mm Internal)
- Project 321 Hubs (32h, 216 p.o.e)
- Dt Swiss Aerolite spokes
- Prolock nipples (brass)

So all in the wheelset came out about 100g heavier than the Mavics but much wider, much stiffer and a whole lot more servicable should i damage a rim.

I can now finally run some wider rubber on the front without it squirming all over the place so went with Ardent Race 2.35 Front and Ikon 2.2 rear. The tyres added another 200g to the overall weight over the Conti X-Kings i had fitted a while back so for those following along at home I'm up to about 9.7kg :( The Conti's were a nice tyre but they really suffered from a soft bead and sidewall and they wore out like there was no tomorrow. After a few rides my 64kg frame had already managed to tear a couple of knobs clean off the tread! I do ride pretty hard but by no means am I hard on tyres given my weight.

Now I know I know this is WW and I have commited the cardinal sin of adding rotating mass but honestly the wide rims coupled with the wide tyres have transformed this bike. Handling has always been good (actually excellent) but now it is simply amazing! I'll be focussing on XCO racing this year anyway rather than XCM so no longe climbs the added weight will be more than made up for in increased cornering speed and better control through the rough stuff. If i really wanted to lighten things up for a 100km race then its simply a change of tyres away. I can't beleive i wasted my time on narrow rims with fragile tyres for so long! The project 321 hubs are also very impressive and engage so much quicker than the Mavics its almost laughable by comparison.

So anyway to summarise Im very very happy with my choice of components and the LBS did an excellent job building it up for me. If you own an F-SI and are sick of noodly rims or are on the fence regarding wider rubber I can honestly say you wont look back. I do plan on a few WW upgrades to get me back to a more respectable 9.5kg starting with the saddle and maybe try the XX1 casette again now Ive done away with the Mavic hubs (spacing issues).

Spessartpantani

by Spessartpantani

Hi,

im thinking of the same tyresetup, but not sure about the rim. What do yout think? Will the arch ex with 21mm inner width from my original wheelset from the 2015er FSI be enough for an 2,35 Ardent race? Is it worth to change the rims to the wider Arch MK3 with 26mm inner width?

How many PSI do you drive normaly with the new setup?

Im loving the grip and traktion of an wider tyre with less pressure too.... :thumbup:

Thanks for comments.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sidewalk

by Sidewalk

I'm running a 2.35/2.25 combo on Valor's. I run 21/25 PSI and weigh 145 pounds.