Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Attermann

by Attermann

please drop us an email and it will be answered as soon as possible, thanks!

maybe just drop him an email.

C36

by C36

stevec1975 wrote:I have a saddle I damaged in a crash, which has separated the chassis from the rails, (my fault obviously) does anyone know if Berk does a discounted crash replacement policy?
If just debonded, it can be fixed by any workshop that do fibreglass (more common) or carbon work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kumppa

by Kumppa

I believe it's not that easy if you don't know just the right resin to use which depends on what resin Berk has used. At least one carbon workshop told me this and that's why they tried a couple resin underside of chassis before bonding rails. Dremel was used to get old resin off and roughten the parts. After seeing Berk saddle they didn't promise this would last as a lot of torque is applied to the contact surfaces. Only charged me for like 30 euro because this this more like a test.

After ~500 km rails started to debond I rejected this idea. Maybe some other workshop can make it work.

Doyler

by Doyler

My replacement arrived. Nice 8)
Thanks Jure!
image (3).png

Wookski

by Wookski

So cool to have bartape that perfectly matches the saddle- thanks Jure!

steff

by steff

Hello jure, do you already make saddle seatpost combo for tt bike ? Do you have pictures ?

AM7Jeremy

by AM7Jeremy

I have a new Berk Lupina 150mm black padded saddle if anyone is intrested?

charirider

by charirider

After long consideration decided to pull a trigger on Lupina 132mm unpadded in 3K. Hope it will suit my 110mm seat bone distance and won't brake under my 76kg.
P.S.: I used Selle Italia SLR Flow L2 (145mm) with Ti rails exclusively, I hope Lupina will be at least as good with padded bibs.
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.8kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.6kg

charirider

by charirider

kroem wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:53 am
Two new saddles into the family <3

Wanted something most sturdy for bikepacking and gravel, so custom made with Ti-rails. Great experience working with Berk, as always. Love these, even thou HEAVY! ;)

Looking great!
What's weight on the one with Selle Italia Ti316 rails?
If my lupina fails I may send Berk my SLR FLow Ti316 so he could make me a strudier lupina!

kroem

by kroem

charirider wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:43 am
kroem wrote:

Wanted something most sturdy for bikepacking and gravel, so custom made with Ti-rails. Great experience working with Berk, as always. Love these, even thou HEAVY! ;)

https://i.imgur.com/ndFKsjz.jpg
Looking great!
If my lupina fails I may send Berk my SLR FLow Ti316 so he could make me a strudier lupina!
I think the one with SI rails is 144g, the other was 166g. Kinda heavy, but I didn't really focus on weight here - I like the shell, and grabbed two saddles I could offload.
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

charirider

by charirider

kroem wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:46 pm
charirider wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:43 am
kroem wrote:

Looking great!
I think the one with SI rails is 144g, the other was 166g. Kinda heavy, but I didn't really focus on weight here - I like the shell, and grabbed two saddles I could offload.
Thanks for reply!
I was predicting 120g-ish weight... so will stick with carbon lupina)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all,
on request we can also bond some Ti / CrMo saddle rails, from some manufacturers it can work well with our shape, you can just email info(a)berk-composites.com and we'll see what can be done, in some cases it can take a few days to answer but we give our best to be as fast as possible.
In case of a crash you can contact us and we can repair or offer a crash replacement price/discount

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Recently we were also on ISTRIA300 event, thanks to all who managed to stop by and say hello, it is great to meet all those cyclists who use our products on such events :)

Recently we also added some new colors, a brighter pink, all orders in any color are shipped within 1-3 days since the saddles are in stock and we finish it after we got an order, so we decided to expand the choice of different colors and most probably a few more to come in the future:

We also get a lot of request on the "forged carbon look", maybe something to consider in the future?

And another photo of some barendplugs just after the matte clearcoat

otnemem

by otnemem

kroem wrote:

Can you compare the comfort to an original Lupina? I've considered this and/or a reinforced version for an upcoming 'go anywhere' build and possibly indoor trainer bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kroem

by kroem

otnemem wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:12 pm
kroem wrote:

Can you compare the comfort to an original Lupina? I've considered this and/or a reinforced version for an upcoming 'go anywhere' build and possibly indoor trainer bike.
Oh... ehm, I haven't noticed any pros/cons, to be honest... feels likes a Lupina :D I guess it should feel slightly different, but nothing I noticed.

Sorry
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)