Boring but light Specialized Æthos.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PinaRene

by PinaRene

I was also thinking about the White Sage .. but when there was a great offer on a S Works ( € 200,- more ) I bought it. It's the Maroon Red one, just stock frameset and boring Sram red eTap groupset that came of my Foil. Bought a pair of Sram Red eTAp shifters with disc calipers two weeks ago, and the rest was laying around ( saddle - wheels etc. )

Beautiful red/ purple, with blue and silver shining through 😍.... 6.4 Kg complete ( pedals / bottle cages ) with S Works Shallow handlebar and S Works stem. Top bearing cap has a gap of 1mm with me .. ?? I saw some build YT video and they have the same ... ordered a Ceramicspeed bearing cap. Yesterday evening after the first ride I've noticed a almost flat tire ( Ridenow ... ) - 3 miniscule leaks in them ??? now a Latex Michelin in front.

Last edited by PinaRene on Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nixster

by Nixster

Good looking bike Rene 👍

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

great ride! love the color and bet it rides great

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Nice bike, i generally like the Aethos!

The black/red colour scheme looks good.

I although use one of these Sram Red etap groupsets (with Shimano chain/cassette and Rotor p2max Crankset/Stone rings), just-so boring!- works without any problems!

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Thnx ... Saturday I will pick up a 1220 gr. 36 mm wheelset that will bring the weight down a bit...Tires will be the 28mm S Works Rapidair T2/T5, don't know if I should go tubeless on these with 35ml of latex or 55 gram latex innertube. The Van Speijk wheels will go to my gravelbike ( BMC URS ) with 30mm Vittoria Corsa and latex innertubes, and then still usable in the Æthos when it's really windy here.
Last edited by PinaRene on Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Edit : I decided to go for a 42mm Duke SLR2 Ultra wheelset with DT240 SP hubs with brass nipples. Set will come in at around 1300 x 1320 grams. Will be paired with some S Works Turbo tires 28mm T2/T5, with some Ridenow innertubes @32 gram/piece. Here it is with Vittoria's Corsa 30mm and inner tubes ~ 6.5Kg.

Last edited by PinaRene on Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Stunning with the tan walls. I noticed your running the GXP SRAM Red cranks. What BB are you using with it?

PinaRene

by PinaRene

iamraymond wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 am
Stunning with the tan walls. I noticed your running the GXP SRAM Red cranks. What BB are you using with it?
I run a CEMA bearings bottom bracket in the bike. Quit happy with those bearings, also have one on my ATB.

https://www.cemabearing.be/en/shop/bsa- ... ,1318,1316

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Bought a pair of Veloflex Corsa 28mm with Ridenow inner tubes to bring the weight down a bit. It will be - 100 grams I guess and also changed the caliper mounting bolts by titanium ones ( first were Shimano Steel ones :oops: ) that also will help me with 20 grams , cause in the build list there was also a 160mm disc adapter for the rear brake.

Edit : it's around ~ 6.38Kg now, and updated build list ⬆️

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

how does the bike ride?

PinaRene

by PinaRene

It rides much smoother that the BMC , but that no science. I think it's fun to ride in the Alps with this bike ( this summer it will happen ). The BMC is more a bike for rides > 30Km/h and the Spec also likes rides around 25Km/h up to 30 Km/h on windy days, also due to the lower wheels. For my weight ( 68Kg ) it is absolute stiff enough, and standing up @ 700W there is no flex from the bottom bracket area. Just did 4 rides on the bike, because of the really bad spring period here.... and I switch bikes every ride.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

thx looks like a real keeper!

PinaRene

by PinaRene

With 42mm Duke Baccara SLR 2SL -- 6.41Kg.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com