Light rigid fork and frame....

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BenjaminHuffy

by BenjaminHuffy

This is my lightweight Marin. I have made it as simple and light as possible. It is a very light butted steel frame. I bought this bike new in the spring of 1997 and it is as light or lighter than a lot of current bikes. I am 62 years-old and I don't want to fall so I go slow over really rough stuff and do not jump, so I do not need any more suspension than the tires supply. Since I am a heavy rider, I try to go with all the steel parts I can as I feel there is less chance of breaking them than alloy parts. Steel does not mean heavy though, quality chro-mo steel parts can be very light. Since the photo was taken I have put on a very light seat with no padding, I also have an XTR rear derailluer to swap on in the near future that has a titanium hanger bolt.
Attachments
marin bars low a.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Upcountry

by Upcountry

Welcome... Please post your "weightweenie" builds in the appropriate place, so as to make it easier for some of us to avoid...
viewforum.php?f=10

BenjaminHuffy

by BenjaminHuffy

Upcountry wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:59 pm
Welcome... Please post your "weightweenie" builds in the appropriate place, so as to make it easier for some of us to avoid...viewforum.php?f=10

Well it is a post about the weight of a Mountainbike posted in the Mountainbike section of an internet forum specializing in the weight of bicycles so...........

Upcountry

by Upcountry

...in which you didn't post the weight of said bicycle...

The "Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights" is for posting personal builds... Seeing as your thread isn't really a starting point for a discussion on lightweight mountain bikes, its in the wrong place(also probably forum)... Not trying to be a gate keeper, but trying to point you in the right direction.

BenjaminHuffy

by BenjaminHuffy

Upcountry wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:45 pm
...in which you didn't post the weight of said bicycle...

The "Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights" is for posting personal builds... Seeing as your thread isn't really a starting point for a discussion on lightweight mountain bikes, its in the wrong place(also probably forum)... Not trying to be a gate keeper, but trying to point you in the right direction.

My mistake, I fed a troll, bye bye now.......