Legor Cicli

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

diecast

by diecast

This is my Legor Cicli. It was built for me by Mattia Paganotti. I've had it for four years now. I meant to post it ages ago but here we are:

Campagnolo SR 11 2015
EE brakes
Rotor Aldhu Carbon crank
Sigeyi powermeter
Look Keo carbon blade pedals
Campagnolo WTO 45 wheels
SR cassette
Record chain
Enve ti skewers
Vittoria Corsa Pro TLR
MCFK saddle and seatpost
Deda Zero 100 handlebar
S-works SL stem
Chris King headset
Thomson seatpost clamp

It weighs a shade under 7.7kg.

The frame is tig welded and the fork is brazed. It can clear 30mm WAM tires comfortably, probably a bit more.

I've been fortunate and had a good year for riding (by my standards at least), meaning I've done over 160,000 metres of elevation in the past 12 months. Around 2/3 of that was on this bike, so I think I can say I'm happy with how it goes, both up and down. It's great.

Thanks for looking.Image

Last edited by diecast on Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

diecast

by diecast

Some more pics. ImageImage
Last edited by diecast on Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

great looking bike and it mmm looks like a smooth ride!

spokenwords

by spokenwords

very nice indeed. Has the build chamged over the years?
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

diecast

by diecast

spokenwords wrote:very nice indeed. Has the build chamged over the years?
Yes, it has changed a bit.

I've tried several different wheels. I had some older Boras originally. Then Shamals which were a good fit, but mine aren't the tubeless version and I really like the Corsa Pros so WTOs it is. Definitely my favourite wheels.

I tried a Recon cromoly monoblock cassette with mixed success. Shifted well but some sprockets didn't like backpedalling no matter what adjustments I made.

I had the correct SR cranks to begin with, but it was never a full Campagnolo groupset as it always had the EE brakes. So now with the Rotor cranks it's even more of a mixed bag. I'm ok with that.

At first I had a Fabric saddle on it, then a Berk saddle that broke. That was replaced but is now on another bike.

I did have an Extralite hyperstem, which looked good but would not keep my handlebars from slipping. I think perhaps it was the glossy paint finish on the Deda bars, but neither grip paste nor scuffing them improved things. That reminds me, one thing I meant to try was hairspray but I never did. In the end I swapped the stem onto another bike which has some cheaper model of Deda bars with a rougher finish. There they've held tight.

Last edited by diecast on Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diecast

by diecast

mike wrote:great looking bike and it mmm looks like a smooth ride!
Thanks! Smooth is efficient and efficient is fast... Maybe.

markyboy

by markyboy

That's a very nice bike :thumbup:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

velov

by velov

Very elegant build. How are you finding the Mcfk saddle compared to Berk?

diecast

by diecast

markyboy wrote:That's a very nice bike Image
Thanks!
velov wrote:Very elegant build. How are you finding the Mcfk saddle compared to Berk?
Thank you. I wish I could say that the rider was elegant as well!

I really like the MCFK saddle. The Berk Hlod is comfortable but 2 have broken for me.

I put a bit more about my woeful track record with saddles here:

viewtopic.php?p=1831202#p1830726

flying

by flying

Always loved Legor bikes/Mattia's work ! Yours is super nice :thumbup:

diecast

by diecast

Made a few changes over the spring.

Bora WTOs 33s with 30mm Corsa Pros, plenty of clearance with the EE brakes.

Rotor ITA30 BB failed after 8000km. That was a lot of climbing and poor weather, so maybe that was it. Anyway, I put the Super Record cranks back on. It has a Stages crank that was probably a poor investment but actually works pretty well. Despite the wavy washer business and the hirth joint I seem to get on well with ultra torque cranks. Especially super record cult bearings, so easy to service them. Undo the 10 mm hex bolt, pull the crank, clean the bearings and top up with a few drops of light oil.

The Carbonworks cages were great for a few years but then I broke both of them in quick succession. Probably my own fault but I've gone back to the dependable Mandibles which I have on other bikes and are imho the best bottle cage.

Last edited by diecast on Mon May 13, 2024 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

da123

by da123

diecast wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:18 pm

Made a few changes over the spring.

Bora WTOs 33s with 30mm Corsa Pros, plenty of clearance with the EE brakes.

Rotor ITA30 BB failed after 8000km. That was a lot of climbing and poor weather, so maybe that was it. Anyway, I put the Super Record cranks back on. It has a Stages crank that was probably a poor investment but actually works pretty well. Despite the wavy washer business and the hirth joint I seem to get on well with ultra torque cranks. Especially super record cult bearings, so easy to service them. Undo the 10 mm hex bolt, pull the crank, clean the bearings and top up with a few drops of light oil.

The Carbonworks cages were great for a few years but then I broke both of them in quick succession. Probably my own fault but I've gone back to the dependable Mandibles which I have on other bikes and are imho the best bottle cage.
I'm probably being stupid and missing something reeeeaaallly obvious, but this picture does not seem to be your Legor Cicli?? The component description makes sense, just on a Cannondale frame 🤷‍♂️

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

diecast

by diecast

da123 wrote: I'm probably being stupid and missing something reeeeaaallly obvious, but this picture does not seem to be your Legor Cicli?? The component description makes sense, just on a Cannondale frame Image
Whoops! No, it's me that has been stupid.

I got the image files mixed up. I've started a separate thread about the Cannondale. It turns out I can't do two things at once.

I've now edited the original post so it should now have the correct photo.

Thanks for pointing that out!