Colnago C59 ADWH 58T 7kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TonyOliver83

by TonyOliver83

New to me C59 Art decor. Lovely pearl golden white. Need to get better pics when weather improves. Not had a chance to ride it yet sadly.

Rebuilt to my taste. Bought last month as complete bike. Previous owner had bullet ultras (too busy logos) and too many white parts like saddle/pedals/cages/tape etc. Wanted everything more subdued to make frame centre piece. All I kept was the pretty much NOS frame and groupset had only done a few hundred miles.

The Wheels/tires/bars/stem/saddle/cages/pedals etc all replaced with new parts. Swapped brown record BB cups for Black SR ones. Also changed top bearing and bearing cap to 'normal' version with wedge as well as added proper bung in steerer tube as had that weird alloy two piece expansion bearing top cap (acros) Lastly - used new set of cables & outers all cut for correct orientation of logos too.

Spec:
ADWH - 58T.
2013 Super Record RS Team Ed 53/39 & 12-27.
KMX SL Gold chain.
Bora Ultra 35 AC3.
GP5K & supersonic tubes.
Deda superleggera RS cockpit 110/42.
Fizik Antares R1 open & Vento Tape.
Look keo max carbon pedals.
Elite vico carbon stealth.
7kg.

Saddle height 79.5cm.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Very cool.. that's not original paint is it?

Basso Diamante rim Campagnolo EPS 12 Bora WTO 60's

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyOliver83

by TonyOliver83

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:17 pm

Thank you but can't take any credit. It is original paint scheme by colnago. From 2013.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

really love the fact you rebuilt it how you did. I'm a massive fan of letting frames do the talking

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

TonyOliver83 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:25 pm
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:17 pm

Thank you but can't take any credit. It is original paint scheme by colnago. From 2013.
A very under rated paint scheme, sometimes referred to as "Arabesque", not to be confused with the Arabesque steel frame. This paint design does resemble the lugs on the Arabesque steel frame though, hence the terminology. Many Colnago fans balked when ADWH was first presented and I don't think it sold well. It was impossible to appreciate in photos only. In the flesh however it is magnificent and treasured by some Colnago afficionados above all others. It is a design that has aged well. Enjoy the ride.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.