2xEVO Re-visited (Gen 4)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gurk700
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

teckert wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:32 pm
How are you liking the Sigeyi direct mount hanger? Any issues? I have used on other bikes (Aspero and SL6) and tempted to get for new supersix evo 4. Thanks for info!
No issues at all. Wish it came in black!

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Beancouter
Posts: 1121
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

by Beancouter

gurk700 wrote:Guess I like Evo's

#1 Lab 71 in 51cm. 7.2kg

Image

DuraAce Di2 12-speed group
Hed Vanquish 6 Pro wheelset with CK R45D hubs
EXS Aerover 36/100 handlebar
Alpitude Gardena 128mm saddle
Hylix 0-offset seatpost
Sigeyi direct mount for the RD
Elite Leggero carbon bottle cages
Favero Assioma Duo power meter / pedals
GP5000 S TR 28mm setup tubeless

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Evo in 51 cm 7.8kg

Image

105 Di2 12-speed group
*Hed Vanquish 6 Pro wheelset
*EXS Aerover 36/100 handlebar
*Hylix 0-offset seatpost
Alpitude Gardena 128mm saddle
*Sigeyi direct mount for the RD
Elite Leggero carbon bottle cages
Favero Assioma Duo power meter / pedals
GP5000 S TR 28mm setup tubeless

*parts on the way
Hi Turk, out of interest are the build weights on the evo 3 including upgrades? If so, other than 105 v DA any other spec differences (weight differences)? Maybe just wheels

Would be interesting to isolate the frame difference


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gurk700
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:22 am

out of interest are the build weights on the evo 3 including upgrades? If so, other than 105 v DA any other spec differences (weight differences)? Maybe just wheels

Would be interesting to isolate the frame difference


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Honestly after so many bikes in 2023 and 2024 I stopped caring about weights of separate parts. I just build and weigh the final.
If I remember correctly, as seen in photo the Lab71 was 7.13kg and Evo3 is 7.95kg or something.
Lab71 will gain 200 or so grams because I'm swapping the EXS for the exact same conceal stem / control tech bars. But also lose 200 or so grams cause I'm also swapping the Chris King hubs for Tactic racing ones.

Right now if you told me I need to get rid of one of the bikes, I'd keep Evo3 because I love the color. That's how non-weight weenie I became lol

Beancouter
Posts: 1121
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

by Beancouter

gurk700 wrote:
Beancouter wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:22 am

out of interest are the build weights on the evo 3 including upgrades? If so, other than 105 v DA any other spec differences (weight differences)? Maybe just wheels

Would be interesting to isolate the frame difference


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Honestly after so many bikes in 2023 and 2024 I stopped caring about weights of separate parts. I just build and weigh the final.
If I remember correctly, as seen in photo the Lab71 was 7.13kg and Evo3 is 7.95kg or something.
Lab71 will gain 200 or so grams because I'm swapping the EXS for the exact same conceal stem / control tech bars. But also lose 200 or so grams cause I'm also swapping the Chris King hubs for Tactic racing ones.

Right now if you told me I need to get rid of one of the bikes, I'd keep Evo3 because I love the color. That's how non-weight weenie I became lol
Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdavis91
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 1:18 pm

by pdavis91

'I see you're swapping out the EXS aerover bars. Any reason other than fit? I'm a pretty tall guy at 6'4" and have the longest momo bar on my current setup, but at 120mm it's still not quite long enough. The aerover comes with a longer stem, so I'm considering getting one when they restock. How was the fit and stability with the delta steerer?

Thanks

gurk700
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

pdavis91 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:57 pm
'I see you're swapping out the EXS aerover bars. Any reason other than fit? I'm a pretty tall guy at 6'4" and have the longest momo bar on my current setup, but at 120mm it's still not quite long enough. The aerover comes with a longer stem, so I'm considering getting one when they restock. How was the fit and stability with the delta steerer?

Thanks
0 issues other than fit. My flexibility changes quite a lot through the season so I'm happy with lower and longer stems as I ride more. I've been waiting for a 110mm aerover for a while but nothing has popped up yet.
I do love how the stock stem looks, even more so than momo. Just my preference.

In an ideal world I'd have a stock stem at -/+ 10 degrees at 110mm. That'd be the dream but sadly not possible.

AM7Jeremy
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:19 pm

by AM7Jeremy

gurk700 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:11 am
pdavis91 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:57 pm
'I see you're swapping out the EXS aerover bars. Any reason other than fit? I'm a pretty tall guy at 6'4" and have the longest momo bar on my current setup, but at 120mm it's still not quite long enough. The aerover comes with a longer stem, so I'm considering getting one when they restock. How was the fit and stability with the delta steerer?

Thanks
0 issues other than fit. My flexibility changes quite a lot through the season so I'm happy with lower and longer stems as I ride more. I've been waiting for a 110mm aerover for a while but nothing has popped up yet.
I do love how the stock stem looks, even more so than momo. Just my preference.

In an ideal world I'd have a stock stem at -/+ 10 degrees at 110mm. That'd be the dream but sadly not possible.
What width? I have 38cmx110mm Aerover brand new in box if interested.

User avatar
PinaRene
Posts: 884
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:08 pm

by PinaRene

Damn fine bikes 🤩

minley1
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:53 am
Location: United Kingdom

by minley1

gurk700 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:39 pm
teckert wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:32 pm
How are you liking the Sigeyi direct mount hanger? Any issues? I have used on other bikes (Aspero and SL6) and tempted to get for new supersix evo 4. Thanks for info!
No issues at all. Wish it came in black!
Coloured mine in with a black permanent marker😀.

Post Reply