vintage rimmy venge C V N D S H

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

spartacus

by spartacus

Here are a few pics as promised.

I was using the Hed Jet 6+ with 25c gp5000 TL measuring 27mm for the first ~300 miles of riding the bike and it was good, but after destroying the 4th (!) 25c tire on these rims (over the course of 1.5 years to be fair) (21mm internal) I'm switching to a more conservative setup for now (28c tires on 18mm internal) - since I use this bike to commute on (20 miles a day 5 days a week). The tightest spot on this frame is side to side on the fork, and with 28mm as measured tires leaves about 2mm of clearance per side. I put clear vinyl on thise spots as well as the chain stays where there is a bit more clearance, in case of rub; but it doesn't appear to have rubbed at all yet.

It weighs 7.6kg with the shallow wheels and 7.8kg with the deep wheels.

As far as riding experience I would say most notable is the handling, it handles amazing and is one of the best handling bikes I've ridden. Very tight, stable, and precise feeling. Pedaling stiffness is pretty good, it might be a hair less stiff than my tarmac SL7 under maximum power but it's pretty close. Ride is firm but for me fine, I would put it similar or slightly better than a caad 10. The venge does have the feeling of carbon livelieness in spite of its firm ride. It's comfortable in a way a nice firm mattress is comfortable. The tarmac is a medium firmness pillow top mattress.

Is it fast/aero? IMO it feels subjectively aero and a lot more like my SL7 than the caad it replaced. That's really all I can say without making things up.
IMG_1989 (1).jpg
IMG_1993.jpg
IMG_1966.jpg

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

looks fast and mean, like the cavendish of old.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Great frame and write-up.
Never cheer before you know who is winning