Tarmac SL8 5.835kg New Pics Page 3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

da123
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am

by da123

Tarmac SL8 RTP, size 54. Build list, with weights where known:

Frame / fork : S-Works Tarmac SL8, RTP, with replacement decals by Speedy Decal
Cockpit : Roval Rapide 115/380
Bartape : EXS Ultralite (25g)
Wahoo mount : MagCad
Wheelset : CRW CS4045 (1180g)
Wheelset (2) : CRW CS5060 (1290g)
Tires : [CS4045] Conti GP5000 TT TLR 25mm (210/214) / [CS5060] Conti GP5000 TT TLR 28mm (front) and S TR 25mm (rear) (240 / 254)
Tubeless valves : Muc-off
Sealant : Peaty's Bioshot 25mm per tire
Seatpost : Darimo zero degree 300mm (107g)
Saddle : Gelu E3 (54g)
Groupset : Shimano 9200 12s
Climbing / sprint shifters : DA 9200
Cassette : Dura Ace (11-30)
Chain : YBN SLA1210 rainbow slick
Crankset : THM Clavicula SE PM (320g)
Chainrings : Carbon-ti 52/36
Chainring bolts : Carbon-ti x-lock
DM Hanger : Frames and Gear rainbow slick
Ti-bolts (rainbow) on calipers, mech hangers, top cap
BB : THM Ceramic with integrated sleeve
Bottle cage : carbonworks
Pedals : Dura Ace
Rotors : Carbon-ti (160/140) with centre lock adapters
Brake pads : Shimano Ti

Hope you enjoy!
IMG_0908.jpeg
IMG_0910.jpeg
IMG_0913.jpeg
IMG_0909.jpeg
IMG_0914.jpeg
IMG_0885.jpeg
IMG_0887.jpeg
Last edited by da123 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



freepk
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 pm

by freepk

Crazy bike :) You can swap head cap bolt :)
Image

da123
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am

by da123

freepk wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:33 am
Crazy bike :) You can swap head cap bolt :)
Image
Cheers. Where did you get the bolt from? I do have a black alu one on order which I'm hoping will fit more seamlessly.

mashiehood
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:13 pm

by mashiehood

Hi are you able to share details of the THM Ceramic with integrated sleeve - i have never seen the sleeved version

da123
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am

by da123

mashiehood wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:12 pm
Hi are you able to share details of the THM Ceramic with integrated sleeve - i have never seen the sleeved version
You have to get them direct from THM. They don't sell them through the retail sites. I went round the houses a bit with other BBs that had sleeves (c-bear, ceramicspeed, WheelsMFG), but had issues with all of them (with the Clavicula crank). Then told THM that I was having problems getting the cranks to operate without play with the other BBs, and they said they could do one on special order. Works perfectly.

kode54
Posts: 3771
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

Your SL8 weigh less than my 52cm RTP Aethos.

Differences:
Berk saddle
Partington wheels
Continental 5000s TR 30mm tires
Hope RX rotors
THM SE crank with no PM
Hambini BB
Darimo T2 seatpost
All stickers removed
Darimo stem
Darimo Elipse bars

Must be the tires.
Last edited by kode54 on Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

da123
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am

by da123

kode54 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:49 pm
Your SL8 weigh less than my 52cm RTP Aethos.

Differences:
Berk saddle
Partington wheels
Continental 509s TR 30mm tires
Hope RX rotors
THM SE crank with no PM
Hambini BB
Darimo T2 seatpost
All stickers removed
Darimo stem
Darimo Elipse bars

Must be the tires.
I suspect a lot is in the tires. Around 200g less for my set up I suspect, possibly more if you use a lot of sealant. Your BB will also be quite a bit heavier (THM one is circa 70g). You don't say what chainrings you use either, so maybe something there? Or maybe someone's scales are wrong 😂. Mine did weigh the same at the bike shop though, so I'm reasonably confident they are accurate.

freepk
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 pm

by freepk

da123 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:38 am
Cheers. Where did you get the bolt from?
Extralite https://r2-bike.com/Extralite-Ahead-Kappe-Hypercap_2

kode54
Posts: 3771
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

da123 wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:49 pm
Your SL8 weigh less than my 52cm RTP Aethos.

Differences:
Berk saddle
Partington wheels
Continental 509s TR 30mm tires
Hope RX rotors
THM SE crank with no PM
Hambini BB
Darimo T2 seatpost
All stickers removed
Darimo stem
Darimo Elipse bars

Must be the tires.
I suspect a lot is in the tires. Around 200g less for my set up I suspect, possibly more if you use a lot of sealant. Your BB will also be quite a bit heavier (THM one is circa 70g). You don't say what chainrings you use either, so maybe something there? Or maybe someone's scales are wrong Image. Mine did weigh the same at the bike shop though, so I'm reasonably confident they are accurate.
Using Carbon-Ti 52/36T rings.
Shimano group 12-speed
Direct mount hanger
30ml of sealant
30mm Conti 5000s TR (not sure what happened…auto-correct before)

I’m using a Feedback Sports hanging scale.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

da123
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am

by da123

freepk wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:43 pm
da123 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:38 am
Cheers. Where did you get the bolt from?
Extralite https://r2-bike.com/Extralite-Ahead-Kappe-Hypercap_2
Haha, that's quite interesting, as I already have that top cap, which I bought some years ago for a different build. I must therefore have that bolt somewhere - so will search it out...

da123
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am

by da123

kode54 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:20 pm
da123 wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:49 pm
Your SL8 weigh less than my 52cm RTP Aethos.

Differences:
Berk saddle
Partington wheels
Continental 509s TR 30mm tires
Hope RX rotors
THM SE crank with no PM
Hambini BB
Darimo T2 seatpost
All stickers removed
Darimo stem
Darimo Elipse bars

Must be the tires.
I suspect a lot is in the tires. Around 200g less for my set up I suspect, possibly more if you use a lot of sealant. Your BB will also be quite a bit heavier (THM one is circa 70g). You don't say what chainrings you use either, so maybe something there? Or maybe someone's scales are wrong Image. Mine did weigh the same at the bike shop though, so I'm reasonably confident they are accurate.
Using Carbon-Ti 52/36T rings.
Shimano group 12-speed
Direct mount hanger
30ml of sealant
30mm Conti 5000s TR (not sure what happened…auto-correct before)

I’m using a Feedback Sports hanging scale.
Nothing there then. What does your Aethos weigh in at?

User avatar
Aryeh
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:07 am

by Aryeh

Are you gonna use the Darimo drag bars for another 70-80g savings?

da123
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am

by da123

Aryeh wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:15 pm
Are you gonna use the Darimo drag bars for another 70-80g savings?
I'd consider it for sure. I wonder how the Darimo bar would match up to the Rapide cockpit from an aero perspective though. I also found the Darimo handlebar I had on a different bike quite uncomfortable (in terms of vibration), so I'd probably also wonder whether their integrated bar would be similar.

kode54
Posts: 3771
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

da123 wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:20 pm
da123 wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:49 pm
Your SL8 weigh less than my 52cm RTP Aethos.

Differences:
Berk saddle
Partington wheels
Continental 509s TR 30mm tires
Hope RX rotors
THM SE crank with no PM
Hambini BB
Darimo T2 seatpost
All stickers removed
Darimo stem
Darimo Elipse bars

Must be the tires.
I suspect a lot is in the tires. Around 200g less for my set up I suspect, possibly more if you use a lot of sealant. Your BB will also be quite a bit heavier (THM one is circa 70g). You don't say what chainrings you use either, so maybe something there? Or maybe someone's scales are wrong Image. Mine did weigh the same at the bike shop though, so I'm reasonably confident they are accurate.
Using Carbon-Ti 52/36T rings.
Shimano group 12-speed
Direct mount hanger
30ml of sealant
30mm Conti 5000s TR (not sure what happened…auto-correct before)

I’m using a Feedback Sports hanging scale.
Nothing there then. What does your Aethos weigh in at?
5.94kg

Close but at 52cm, should be less I would think.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



kode54
Posts: 3771
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm

by kode54

Could also be the heavier MCFK stem that I switched to since it matched the Aethos round tubes better. Haha
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Post Reply