Stans 2023 gravelbike attempt, Crux 7.76

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

stanvr

by stanvr

Hi folks,

I decided in the beginning of the year, that I would really like to build a bike again, but on the gravel side of things. The most thought through bike I have is a aluminium, rim brake road bike, the Klein Quantum Pro, and while that is a blast ot ride, I really liked my Canyon Inflite that took me everywhere in a lot of comfort. Off road, bad roads, it all doesn't really matter, you know the deal.

I bought a Specialized Crux Comp, in the what I believe is the 2023 colourway. Stripped the frame down, got some weights (!) and built it back up again with Campagnolo Ekar and some other (lighter) parts. Wheels are on order, those should come in september, so for the time being it's standing on a set of RR511db to DT350 hubs, with Challenge Strada Bianca 36 tires. The bike is coated with the Proteam Hydro Coating which makes the colours a bit better, and helps a lot with cleaning. Weight is 7.76 right now, hope to drop below 7.5 with the new wheels, but those will have 42mm tires on with knobs..

First ride is in the books, and the bike feels amazing, it just wants to go and go.
Will try to get some better pictures when the new wheels are built and installed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com