TriRig Lightbike - Cannondale SuperSix (3554g)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

velov

by velov

This is incredible...proper old school WW.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

TriRig site has the SL line available on pre-order.

RouarierDmer

by RouarierDmer

UpFromOne wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:57 pm
TriRig site has the SL line available on pre-order.
I could not resist so I placed an order right away. I already have Omega One brakes, Styx skewers and arm cups for years on my Triathlon bike, and they are truly amazing. Great to see WW parts being made and coming our way.
Rim brakes rules ;-)
Tune Golden Rocket - 5.66kg | viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161531
Cannondale Supersix HM Tri - 4.63kg | viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161698

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

How do the brakes compare to a zero gravity for stopping power? Also are the pedals just like aerolites for cleat security on the pedal?

poulhansen

by poulhansen

Amazing. What kind of tuning did you do to the frame? What year is the frame?
Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg

rhs2z

by rhs2z

I hear many people say that the omega brakes have great stopping power. I can't say that this has been the case for me. Don't get me wrong- I still run this brake on the front of my favorite bike haha. But for me, it has always had way less stopping power than ee or DA.

Are there any installation tricks that I have missed? The installation is simple so I'm not sure what I could be missing haha.
----
As for these new components- can you really stand out of the saddle with these bars? If I'm out of the saddle I would be in the drops or on the hoods- neither of these exist here lol.
It is geared towards people everesting... but wouldn't you want to be able to get out of the saddle at some point when everesting?

Stillside

by Stillside

mike wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:58 am
How do the brakes compare to a zero gravity for stopping power? Also are the pedals just like aerolites for cleat security on the pedal?
Omega brakes are AWESOME for both strength and modulation. The very early-generation brakes (2012-2014) were more difficult to adjust properly, and so a larger number of folks would have trouble getting the most our of them. That is to say, they were easier to install wrong. The introduction of the Omega X in 2015 made it much harder to install wrong, and so more folks would get the best out of the brake. They ALSO improved in several ways that improved braking (better leverage formula, faster cable uptake at the beginning of the pull, stiffer brake arms). The newest Omega One (2020) and Omega SL (2023) retain all of that, while improving modulation even further.

The cleats are NOT like Aerolite!!! They are a true three-bolt solution. Aerolites either require you to have the cleat far rearward and use only the back two cleat bolts, or alternatively to DRILL YOUR SHOES and screw the cleat directly to them. Not exactly great for adjustability. Mercury is a true three-bolt cleat, putting the spindle where it's meant to be, in the center of the three-bolt pattern. Moreover, the cleat is not responsible for lateral retention, which the Aerolite cleats do. This is accomplished (in the Aerolite cleat) via a small ridge that keeps your shoe from sliding laterally off the pedal. But that ridge is shallow, and when it wears down your shoe can easily start to slide off the pedal! Mercury uses the pedal geometry itself, a thick metal element, to retain the cleat laterally. Everything mentioned here is true for both original Mercury AND for the new Mercury SL. We improved everything for the Mercury SL cleat - material, geometry, adjustment range, while retaining compatibility forwards and backwards with the old system. So, old cleats work on new pedals, new cleats work on old pedals.

Feel free to ask anything else you like.

-Nick

Stillside

by Stillside

rhs2z wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:44 pm
I hear many people say that the omega brakes have great stopping power. I can't say that this has been the case for me. Don't get me wrong- I still run this brake on the front of my favorite bike haha. But for me, it has always had way less stopping power than ee or DA.

Are there any installation tricks that I have missed? The installation is simple so I'm not sure what I could be missing haha.
----
As for these new components- can you really stand out of the saddle with these bars? If I'm out of the saddle I would be in the drops or on the hoods- neither of these exist here lol.
It is geared towards people everesting... but wouldn't you want to be able to get out of the saddle at some point when everesting?
If your brakes aren't performing up to your expectations, then yes it's likely something went wrong with your Omega installation! I'm happy to chat, or the customer service folks at TriRig can help you as well. Feel free to DM me.

The bar is obviously the odd duck here. I even call it "the dark horse" of the lineup in the videos. It's not really aimed at any particular market ... I built it because I really wanted one. I don't do Everesting, I just really wanted an ultralight bar that used pursuit flats and had no drops. Yes, it can really be ridden out of the saddle. That's me riding it in the video, and I was trying my best to throw the bike around. I'm not a huge or very powerful rider, but I've had the good fortune to ride a lot of different equipment over the years, and I can say it's an absolutely worthy bar to ride out of the saddle. Is there anything in particular that makes you worried? I'm happy to discuss.

-Nick

poulhansen

by poulhansen

I tried searching but "bb" is not possible, so what kind of bottom bracket are you using? and weight?
Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg

Stillside

by Stillside

It's just plain bearings pressed into the frame, plus a wave washer and two custom 3D printed spacers.

Fastskiguy

by Fastskiguy

Stillside wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:48 pm
Here's that partslist!
So that's like 8 pounds? What??!!!

Stillside

by Stillside

Fastskiguy wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:02 am
Stillside wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:48 pm
Here's that partslist!
So that's like 8 pounds? What??!!!
Haha, yep. Right in the title, 3554g complete. It's insane. TONS of fun to ride. Despite the current "aero is everything" trend, I still enjoy building and riding very light bikes, and this is the pinnacle of my attempts in that regard.

UwU

by UwU

How was the frame modded? Great build :)