Yonex Carbonex SLD 540g

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nismosr

by nismosr

ome rodriguez wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 4:45 am
The front thru axle came with a multi tool T25 and 6mm allen. But not going to use it.

nice my Basso Palta came with Thru Axle tool , front and back. very handy instead of carrying an allen wrench.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Only stumbled across this now, what a beauty!! My dude this hot lady deserves a full MIJ treatment with Gokiso wheels and their Super Climber ti hubs to complement the exceptional craftsmanship. :thumbup: :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

claus

by claus

Could you please tell me the width of the top tube (in the area where your knees pass it while pedaling)?
The rim brake version (which is what I would like to buy if the tube isn't too wide for my knees) is hopefully the same size(?).

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

claus wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:45 am
Could you please tell me the width of the top tube (in the area where your knees pass it while pedaling)?
The rim brake version (which is what I would like to buy if the tube isn't too wide for my knees) is hopefully the same size(?).
The widest part near the headtube is 4.5cm and 4cm in the middle.

claus

by claus

Thank you for measuring and providing the pictures!
40mm might just be "narrow" enough for my knees.
Now I have to wait for March when they release the new (590g?) rim brake frame and ask whether they also sell a frame without paint (and find some technical information about it: BB type, geometry, derailleur/brake mounts, whether any proprietary parts are required: seatpost, stem, ?)

reedplayer

by reedplayer

ome rodriguez wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:29 am
Quick update:
I didn’t go all out weightweeny because I intend to race it. I went with solid Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9170 11s, lightest electronic groupset, and Zipp 303 Firecrest Disc Tubular Wheels. My S-Works Tarmac SL7 and S-Works Shiv TT Disc are still 11 speed so wanted to just swap wheels. Unfortunately, the hydraulic of the right STI of my SL7 was leaking so had to remove from the Yonex. Waiting for the new right STI I ordered so I can finish this build. Spec sheet and better pics soon.😉
Weight @ 5,84kg. 🪶

Thanks for looking. 🙏
It looks amazing, please never sacrifice the paintjob!

Nixster

by Nixster

Lovely looking thing, Yonex badminton racquets were a big deal in my school days!
What's the ride quality like?

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

how does it compare to other bikes you have ridden? is it stiff enough

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

mike wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:16 pm
how does it compare to other bikes you have ridden? is it stiff enough
It's stiff and a climber's bike. But not as fast as the SL8 on the flats. Definitely a keeper and my go to bike when it's all climbs. Can hold too on descends. Upgrading to THM Clavicula SE Cranks soon.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

thanks so much this is very helpful. you have great bikes!!!!

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

Does Yonex sell those frames at all?)
Web-site seems a bit confusing even for google translate I difinetely dont see a big "shut up and take my money" button.

I have huge respect for Japaneese industry especially composite one. Also what google was able to translate seems like someone did their homework with carbon properly.

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Komarov wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:14 pm
Does Yonex sell those frames at all?)
Web-site seems a bit confusing even for google translate I difinetely dont see a big "shut up and take my money" button.

I have huge respect for Japaneese industry especially composite one. Also what google was able to translate seems like someone did their homework with carbon properly.
I don't think they sell internationally. I have a friend in Japan who bought it for me.
For a carbon manufacturer like you, pretty sure you'd be impressed with the Yonex when you actually see one.

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

For a carbon manufacturer like you, pretty sure you'd be impressed with the Yonex when you actually see one.

Yes! I looked at the pictures of the internals of the frame. Really well done.

Maybe I'll ask someone from Japan to go get me one also one day :D
Not sure why dont they sell internationally. Maybe enough of demand home to keep the production running at 100%.