Argonaut RM3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

cpac54

by cpac54

calicyclist wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:48 pm
I will add weight next week after receiving!

DSC05833.jpg
DSC05862-crop.jpg
DSC05909.jpg
DSC05856.jpg
DSC05846.jpg
DSC05843.jpg
What did the weight of this end up being in the end?

fulmine

by fulmine

AAD wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:24 pm
Yes, they took James Huang's advice and switched to a standard clamp, which came with the frame. Too early for comments on the ride, which intially (110 miles in) is responsive and comfortable but I'm comparing to my Sarto Asola, which is sublime...so need more time to really evaluate. Plus, I messed up my knee on the trainer, so I'm presently riding in a rather gingerly manner. The paint job is absolutely stunning and in doing that I worked with their paint guy in figuring out a colorway that was within their "standard" (read, no extra cost) paint schemes.
Hey - any further impressions on the Argonaut ride? I'm esp interested in climbs - I 'm assuming that's what you do with your Asola!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fulmine

by fulmine

AAD wrote:
Yes, they took James Huang's advice and switched to a standard clamp, which came with the frame. Too early for comments on the ride, which intially (110 miles in) is responsive and comfortable but I'm comparing to my Sarto Asola, which is sublime...so need more time to really evaluate. Plus, I messed up my knee on the trainer, so I'm presently riding in a rather gingerly manner. The paint job is absolutely stunning and in doing that I worked with their paint guy in figuring out a colorway that was within their "standard" (read, no extra cost) paint schemes.
Last edited by fulmine on Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fulmine

by fulmine

fulmine wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:06 pm
AAD wrote:

fulmine

by fulmine

fulmine wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:06 pm
AAD wrote:

AAD

by AAD

Hi,
I've been asked how it rides and climbs. I have 400+ miles on it so far and compared to my Sarto Asola, it is stiffer and overall ride seems between my former S-Works SL6 and SL7, with the latter being much more compliant than the SL7. The Sarto is the most compliant and is no slouch when it comes to climbing, but I have 4000+ miles on it, so a better sense of how it rides. Still working on finding a comfortable handlebar for the RM3 - I'm on the 4th one soon, as I'm trying to balance weight with comfort. Also asked about the seatpost, that's "stock" Argonaut. I understand they are also developing their own handlebar; they already have their own wheelsets.