Argonaut RM3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

calicyclist

by calicyclist

cpac54 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:35 pm
The paintjob on your RM3 is just great, really well done. I'm currently going through the initial stages of a custom build with Argonaut myself and have been scouring the internet for RM3 photos to serve as inspiration. The Argonaut-branded wheels also look really intruiging - I'll definitely be asking them for more details once I get to the point of deciding on components.
Hopefully you've added their instagram page to your bookmarks. They have really nice bikes posted on there every week or so. Hope you enjoy the bike. It is really nice!
Argonaut RM3 | Pivot Trail 429

calicyclist

by calicyclist

tiddytoddy wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:15 pm
What are those little bands around the handlebars?
Those are the Di2 satellite shifters. I thought it was a bit weird how they installed them at first since my previous bikes always had them installed underneath the bartape with a little cutout to let the button through but I've seen lots others online with them installed this way.

Don't hate it enough to have it redone but when I need new bartape I will probably look to wrap them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AAD

by AAD

Just got my RM3: FarSports F1s bar set and Feder/Extralite wheelset (1095g); THM crank set; Ultegra 12 speed. Paint: ruby red with silver base; pictured don't do it justice! Weight with headlamp and pedals: 6.76kg.
Attachments
IMG_1374.JPG
IMG_1354 2.JPG
IMG_1346 2.JPG

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

AAD wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:00 pm
Just got my RM3: FarSports F1s bar set and Feder/Extralite wheelset (1095g); THM crank set; Ultegra 12 speed. Paint: ruby red with silver base; pictured don't do it justice! Weight with headlamp and pedals: 6.76kg.
Hows ride feel?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

keaton

by keaton

AAD wrote:
fantastic build -

Was the standard seatpost clamp a weight weenie request? People have asked on their IG, but they never answer questions on IG

Thaks!

borist

by borist

Not sure of AAD's process, but I read that they switched away from the wedge - James Huang mentioned it in his review a little while ago, and I've seen some other photos of new builds with a standard clamp.

AAD

by AAD

Yes, they took James Huang's advice and switched to a standard clamp, which came with the frame. Too early for comments on the ride, which intially (110 miles in) is responsive and comfortable but I'm comparing to my Sarto Asola, which is sublime...so need more time to really evaluate. Plus, I messed up my knee on the trainer, so I'm presently riding in a rather gingerly manner. The paint job is absolutely stunning and in doing that I worked with their paint guy in figuring out a colorway that was within their "standard" (read, no extra cost) paint schemes.

cpac54

by cpac54

AAD wrote:
Absolutely stunning. I was just looking at this in the Argonaut newsletter earlier as it happens.

Really like the paintjob you did - I'm trying to figure out a combo with red myself as it happens whilst keeping it within the "regular" paintjob options. Do you mind me asking what is the fade option you went with? It looks different than the full fade option Argonaut has on their online tool.

cpac54

by cpac54

tiddytoddy wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:15 pm
calicyclist wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:48 pm
I will add weight next week after receiving!
What are those little bands around the handlebars?
They're the Di2 remote shifters. There's a bunch more photos of the OPs bike on the Argonaut facebook page, incl. one that shows the remote shifters pretty clearly.

cpac54

by cpac54

calicyclist wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:48 pm
I will add weight next week after receiving!

DSC05833.jpg
DSC05862-crop.jpg
DSC05909.jpg
DSC05856.jpg
DSC05846.jpg
DSC05843.jpg
How do you find the shifting with the Carbon-Ti chainrings and Dura Ace? I'm likely going with a PM9 on my own Argonaut build and am debating Dura-Ace chainrings vs. something else. I have Carbon-Ti rings on my Cervelo with Red AXS and it seems fine (or about as fine a front derailleur shifting and Sram get anyways).

calicyclist

by calicyclist

cpac54 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:40 pm
How do you find the shifting with the Carbon-Ti chainrings and Dura Ace? I'm likely going with a PM9 on my own Argonaut build and am debating Dura-Ace chainrings vs. something else. I have Carbon-Ti rings on my Cervelo with Red AXS and it seems fine (or about as fine a front derailleur shifting and Sram get anyways).
Shifting has generally been really good. It might be a tiny but slower than stock DA but it looks so much cooler totally worth it.

My bike has developed a clicking when pushing down on the left crank that I've still been unable to fully resolve which may or may not be related to the crankset so I am still reserving my final judgment on crankset overall until I figure out what is causing that.

FishNo6

by FishNo6

What beautiful bikes. Thanks for posting @calicyclist & @AAD!

I'm not fully reconciled to full internal cabling, but this bike with its classically shaped frame looks fabulous. The paint job on @AAD's bike, in particular, is stunning. Quite jealous.

cpac54

by cpac54

calicyclist wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:35 pm
cpac54 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:40 pm
Shifting has generally been really good. It might be a tiny but slower than stock DA but it looks so much cooler totally worth it.

My bike has developed a clicking when pushing down on the left crank that I've still been unable to fully resolve which may or may not be related to the crankset so I am still reserving my final judgment on crankset overall until I figure out what is causing that.
I haven't had any issues with cranks on my Cervelo for what it's worth, though I have the THM version not the LOOK. I do think I'll opt for the LOOK crankset on the RM3 build. Hopefully you can figure it out!

AAD

by AAD

[img]IMG_1461.JPG/img]

Hello,
Regarding the paint job on my RM3. It was "standard", no extra charge because I worked with their fade pattern and then picked ruby red with a base of silver, so it looks like candy apple red! Also swapped out the FarSports F1 bar as I wanted to "loose weight" - F1 bar with computer holder is 380g (100mmx400mm). So I went with the color matched Argonaut 100mm ,stem (not light at 166g, which was a surprise) and the ProVibe superlight handlebar (157g at 400mm). Weight loss was not as much as I hoped for, but overall looks are even more stunning.

AAD

by AAD

IMG_1457.JPG
IMG_1454.JPG
IMG_1467.JPG
Here's my RM3 with the matching Argonaut stem (100mm).
AAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com