XX1 to X01 AXS?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Trupos1

by Trupos1

My wife has given me the option to 'upgrade' my XX1 group to X01 AXS. She found an affordable upgrade kit.
$400. Is it worth it to pull the trigger?
I've never had electronic shifting on my MTB's. I have Force AXS on my gravel, and I like it well enough, but everyone seems to rave over their MTB axs groups.
I imagine there will be some weight penalty, but I'm not sure how much. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Trupos

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Welcome to Weight Weenies! I've been traveling so have not been checking in here. I have eTap on one road bike and I love it! Why? Somtimes I need to look back or on my computer to make sure it really shifted. It did, very quietly. I went from GX to X01 AXS, the GX was mechanical. The shifts are instant and the XO1 does make an aubible sound so I know it shifted and yet does so with out any hestation. Is it a must have? No. Do I like it? Yes. Will I go back to the mecahincal GX? No.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eins4eins

by eins4eins

I upgraded from XTR 1x12 to XX1 AXS and it was 100% worth it. The mechanical XTR is close to perfect, but with mechanical you still have to pay a little more attention to when and how you shift and if it was carried out exactly as you thought. Especially if the drivetrain is dirty.
With AXS, just push the button and its gets done perfectly. Biggest plus for me though, is the paddle shifter. No matter how or where i grip the bar, one finger is always in reach of the trigger and change gears.