n-of-1 Specialized Crux

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

As life has transitioned moving away from road racing and moving to an area along the Rocky Mountain front range with epic farm roads, got a Specialized Crux. Setting it up with 1x but have a few combos of wheel sets and tires and this will be the one bike for road riding, gravel, some cross, multi weather and then hook up the trailer to take the kids to the park.

52cm Specialized Crux
SRAM Rival
Roval seatpost
Ritchey WCS Evocurve handlebar
Ritchey WCS stem
Arundel mandible cages

Fully built with pedals and cages etc - 17lbs (7.7kg) - not super light but functional.
9C84FB43-48B3-4004-8EAD-4D6FF7BF1DE6.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Nice. Where do you live? There are some pretty big gravel rides that leave from Colorado Springs and head out onto the gravel roads east of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prebsy

by prebsy

I'm also on the front range living a "life after racing". The crux seems like a perfect platform but I wonder if you'll want for a 2x eventually. This quiver killer crux build caught my attention https://www.instagram.com/p/CnPVtc2uCzt/

mutellator

by mutellator

Enjoy it! Also in Boulder; also own a Crux. I've got mine built up with 2x AXS: 46/33x10-36. Plenty of top end for a rotating paceline down Boulder Canyon; plenty of low end to climb steep stuff easily at a comfortable cadence.

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

Nice - yup I am in Longmont but used to be in Boulder for some time.

Agreed would like to eventually move to a 2x with a 46x33. I am currently on a 40 up front with a 13x32 on the back. It does just about everything pretty well but do feel the bigger gear jumps. I've taken this up along the farm roads, Boulder Res, and Four Mile canyon. This gearing handles it fine, but a 2x is definitely the next phase.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

Looks great!

I have the same bike Image Mine is built up with Force AXS, 43/30 up front - 10/36 in the rear. I was riding 1x13 before but 1x wasn't for me. Really love it with the 2x setup; this is my only drop bar bike at the moment so I use it for both road and gravel rides.