5.2X kg TCR Advanced SL Rim Brake Memorial Project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

G104xG320

by G104xG320

Hi, I haven't login my account for months, here's my newest build, this is my 6th year on a road bike.
The main idea is to save every gram from disc brake and aerodynamics and invest into reliablity and stiffness.
I want a bike that is reliable for daily use and my G318 Tibet bike tour, and maximum in stiffness and weight, here is the how -
Reliablility - rim brake, clincher and tpu tires. Rim brake for easy maintainance, rid of disc noise. Clincher TPU for better puncture pertection and quick change. (Tubeless will be too troublesome in long bike tour)
Siffness > Weight - TCR is the last high stiff rim brake bike in market, C24 or later carbon-ti reinforced wheelset brings ultimate acceleration, ee Brakes kills weight. (I also replaced my Extralite stem, really beautiful though)

I'm not pro, I don't care speed. I used to be a serious weight weenie, attempting to save every gram, but recently I feel hollowness and quit. So my data will not be precise, but the bike is light by anymeans, it might be the lightest bike on Tibet tour.

I also realized my die-hard-rim-brake-thought is out of market. I feel tireness. Anyway, hope ya all cycling well and be happy no matter what brake you use, we enjoy the same sunlight. :welcome:
DATAS
1.png
CURENT PIC
2.jpg
TIBET TOUR ON 4728m HEIGHT
5.jpg
SUNLIGHT SINCITY SHINE
3.jpg
IN STORE
4.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ferry

by Ferry

Great bike! Are the Easton cranks 24 mm spindle? O don't think so, how are the BB bearings holding up?

Could you tell me more about the carbon ISP? What brand is it and is it also available for the 2020 TCR? I am looking to shed some weight of my TCR.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Love the colour.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

G104xG320

by G104xG320

Ferry wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:06 pm
Great bike! Are the Easton cranks 24 mm spindle? O don't think so, how are the BB bearings holding up?

Could you tell me more about the carbon ISP? What brand is it and is it also available for the 2020 TCR? I am looking to shed some weight of my TCR.
Thank you. That Easton crank is 30mm spindle, but you need to use the preload on Easton to stable the crank with HSCER BB86-30. No further issues experienced, everything else is fine.

I don't know the name, some unknown factorys made these ISPs. The carbon ISP sometimes might be rubbing the saddle, making noice. I perfer the CNC aluminum ISP, same weight as DARIMO and worked extremely fine, older ADVSL models are also supported I guess.