Ryan's Evrumpton (SS Evo 2018)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I really like the paint job. I would use swissopts or campy red instead of the corks.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Looking forward to the completed build!

I am curious about your review of the corks. I personally prefer cork pads (....when dry conditions....)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

This is going to be nice! :beerchug:

Ferry

by Ferry

I really enjoyed your topic on the Litespeed. I keep getting back to this topic to check for updates.

RyanH

by RyanH

Annoyingly, I hit a snag and there seems to be a defect with my Darimo post that won't let the cradle sit level:

I reached out to Darimo over the weekend, still waiting for a response.

RyanH

by RyanH

Oh, one other thing, I need to rebuild my Carbon Ti hubs, any recommendations on a bearing puller and small bearing press? I don't plan on using this frequently so I don't want to buy the super expensive kit that I'll use like 3x in the next few years.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

RyanH wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:59 pm
Oh, one other thing, I need to rebuild my Carbon Ti hubs, any recommendations on a bearing puller and small bearing press? I don't plan on using this frequently so I don't want to buy the super expensive kit that I'll use like 3x in the next few years.
I had to replace the bearings on my CarbonTi hubs last year and I also didn't want to spend a lot on something that I'd use so infrequently.
I purchased 6803 and 6903 pullers from BearingProTools.
https://www.bearingprotools.com/collect ... ing-puller

I pressed them in using a set of cheap drifts that I found on Aliexpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000169 ... 1802QDZVWU

Edit: I just saw the BearingProTools also has the necessary presses/drifts so you could just order everything from one place.

kode54

by kode54

I bought a cheapo hub bearing tool kit with drifts from aliexpress. It was about $50 and I ended up using it on most of my hubs.

I maybe use it a few times a year and worth every penny.

https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256804608 ... 3876fbf436
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

RyanH

by RyanH

@iamraymond thanks, ordering a handful of things from them.

Denavelo

by Denavelo

I had an eventful ride to Nichols Canyon a few weeks back. While riding home my THM M3 crank (Driveside) no longer wanted to be apart of my Firefly bike. So it detached itself from the alloy sleeve the driveside carbon is bonded to.. Honestly a horrible design and I'm going to guess the reason the THM M3 didnt last long as a THM product. THM gave me a smoking deal on either a SE driveside as the M3 non Driveside is the same arm used for the entire lineup. THM also gave me a deal on a new set of THM SE's for a price I couldn't refuse. Amazing customer service.

Just saying beware on older versions of the THM M3 cranks...

Can't wait to see this build in the wild.
Last edited by Denavelo on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

AM7Jeremy

by AM7Jeremy

Always enjoy your builds, will be checking in for updates.

RyanH

by RyanH

I think this will set the record for longest it's ever taken me to put a bike together. I think I've managed to sort of get the front and rear derailleur on since the last post.

It's very likely the English will get here before this is done. I should probably send the saddle off to get upholstered. That'd probably be a good idea and an easy way to tack on another month to this build.

glepore

by glepore

Ryan-do you have a link to those cages?
Love the color, I have a Berk in the same color. Pretty, but pure matte is somewhat harder to keep clean.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

DHG01

by DHG01

Great paint job; looking forward to seeing the build and report on that wheelset.

As a side note, thanks again for sending over so quickly the article I PMed you about.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gurk700

by gurk700

Hmmmnomnomnom. This reminds me I should get my second supersix painted when I'm back to the US.
Hurry up and finish it!