Something Different: State Bicycle Co Undefeated II

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

timmerrr

by timmerrr

So some bad, and scary news on this one. After shaking out my TT bike last sunday, I took this out to do an additonal 2 hours of Z2. The BB was on its way out and making some "great" noises to start with. After a few miles I noticed a "tick" everytime I was out of the saddle that corresponded with my pedal stroke. I innitially figured it was the BB just continuing to get worse but something in me felt it wasn't just the BB. The next day I decided to take my SL6 out for my recovery ride (which started with a 45mph descent), and drop the State off at the shop for inspection, on a whim I asked the owner to drop the fork just in case... This is what they found.
Fork 1.jpg
Fork 2.jpg
Fork 3.jpg

So either my crash back in July did more damage than initially thought, or the wonderful baggage handlers of Southwest played a solid game of bowling with my bike bag last month. Either way, State has me sorted out with a new fork. It was in the mail before I left the shop that afternoon.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I'd argue great news to have found it at the shop and not on the road! And good look from State to get you sorted so quick, they seem really solid on that front.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timmerrr

by timmerrr

Back in buisness and ready to race in 2024! Only 3 weeks to Athens Twilight!
SBC 16.jpg
SBC 16.jpg (77.34 KiB) Viewed 739 times
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358