Something Different: State Bicycle Co Undefeated II

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

That thing looks good. I'm now kicking myself because I had that exact frame ready to build up but decided against it and now I regret it. Such a pretty frame. One question about the RD wiring. Did you have to drill the frame? I remember thinking that I would to drill a small hole to wire the RD internally. I don't remember there being a hole there.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timmerrr

by timmerrr

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:47 pm
That thing looks good. I'm now kicking myself because I had that exact frame ready to build up but decided against it and now I regret it. Such a pretty frame. One question about the RD wiring. Did you have to drill the frame? I remember thinking that I would to drill a small hole to wire the RD internally. I don't remember there being a hole there.
There is a hole in the end of the chainstay where it is welded to the drop out. It is mostly hidden by the derailleur hanger. We massaged the hole and the hanger a little bit and it worked out perfect.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

Tallboy

by Tallboy

Great bike, love it!
"I want to absorb all of your pop culture"

timmerrr

by timmerrr

Quick update. The bike is still performing great. No creaks or any other problems have developed. Did my first race on the bike while on a "business trip" to Florida. I knew the guys down there were probably going to be in great shape already, having good weather year round, but I didn't expect to see some of the big hitters show up! Really happy with how the bike performed as well as how my position has developed. I put a ton of work into getting more aero this winter and it really payed off!
Miami 2.jpg
miami 3.jpg
Up next for me is Barry Roubaix. With the forecast calling for pretty much perfect conditions, I decided to see how much tire I could fit in the bike. 32mm Veloflex Corsa Evo TLR on 23mm internal width rims fit with about 3mm of clearance. going to run 1x with a 50T chainring and the 11-34 12 speed cassette. I'm pretty sure 32mm slicks are the way to go on that course in good conditions. Either way it should be a good test of my bike handling skills.
SBC 7.jpg

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

timmerrr wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:54 pm
Quick update. The bike is still performing great. No creaks or any other problems have developed. Did my first race on the bike while on a "business trip" to Florida. I knew the guys down there were probably going to be in great shape already, having good weather year round, but I didn't expect to see some of the big hitters show up! Really happy with how the bike performed as well as how my position has developed. I put a ton of work into getting more aero this winter and it really payed off!

Miami 2.jpg

miami 3.jpg

Up next for me is Barry Roubaix. With the forecast calling for pretty much perfect conditions, I decided to see how much tire I could fit in the bike. 32mm Veloflex Corsa Evo TLR on 23mm internal width rims fit with about 3mm of clearance. going to run 1x with a 50T chainring and the 11-34 12 speed cassette. I'm pretty sure 32mm slicks are the way to go on that course in good conditions. Either way it should be a good test of my bike handling skills.

SBC 7.jpg
That bike look so good, awesome build. How do you like the Stone rings? I want to go bigger on mine and the Stone 1x seem like a great budget option.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

timmerrr

by timmerrr

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:26 pm
That bike look so good, awesome build. How do you like the Stone rings? I want to go bigger on mine and the Stone 1x seem like a great budget option.
The Stone ring just works. I can do about 1300W for 15s and haven't had any stiffness problems with it. Only regret is possibly not going bigger. Not that I find my self in the 54-11, but i do find my self in the 14/13/12 pretty frequently at 30+mph, So the chain line/chain bend would be slightly better on a 56t.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Pics look great mate and really happy ur enjoying it. That clearance looks pretty darn tight tho

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

timmerrr

by timmerrr

First P/1 win on this frame from a few months ago!
Win.jpg
Win.jpg (114.63 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
After that I spent a week at Tour of America's Dairyland. Pretty cool to ride with the best the US has to offer plus some talent from down under and europe.
SBC 8.jpg
SBC 8.jpg (89.02 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
After that I managed to crash and ruin both of my rims and right shifter. Pedal strike in the last corner at close to 35mph. The frame made it through no problem.
Crash 1.jpg
Crash 1.jpg (64.33 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Crash 2.jpg
Crash 2.jpg (58.68 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Crash 3.jpg
Crash 3.jpg (47.29 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
6 days post crash I was back out there under the lights. Took home P8 in a field of ~70
whiskey city 1.jpg
whiskey city 2.jpg
I won't ever claim that this bike is as good as a top of the line carbon frame, because it isn't, but it certianly isn't holding me back.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Absolutely love this wait what wheels u rolling on,

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

Are you still riding this frame? Wanted to get your long term impressions on it as a crit racing frame. There's a local guy selling a new frameset for $300 that I'm going to pick up.

timmerrr

by timmerrr

BikeTyson wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 pm
Are you still riding this frame? Wanted to get your long term impressions on it as a crit racing frame. There's a local guy selling a new frameset for $300 that I'm going to pick up.
Still going strong. Just over 12,000 miles on it as of now. Really haven't made any major changes. I will be racing on a different set of wheels this year (Farsports 45mm rims with carbon spokes). I enjoy the bike and get a lot of compliments on it.
IMG_5788.png
SBC 15.jpg
It is a bit more stable than say, a Tarmac, which I actually like when turning in at 35mph. There have been a few times where I have navigated through/over crashes where a twitchier bike likely would have caused me to go down. No problems with stiffness, no problematic creaks or squeaks. I finished all 4 American Crit Cup P/1 races I raced at last year on the bike with a best finish of 25th. I really don't feel this bike is the limiting factor in these situations, its my legs, and a $12k SL8 wouldn't fix those either.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

timmerrr wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:38 pm
BikeTyson wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 pm
Still going strong. Just over 12,000 miles on it as of now. Really haven't made any major changes. I will be racing on a different set of wheels this year (Farsports 45mm rims with carbon spokes). I enjoy the bike and get a lot of compliments on it.

IMG_5788.png

SBC 15.jpg

It is a bit more stable than say, a Tarmac, which I actually like when turning in at 35mph. There have been a few times where I have navigated through/over crashes where a twitchier bike likely would have caused me to go down. No problems with stiffness, no problematic creaks or squeaks. I finished all 4 American Crit Cup P/1 races I raced at last year on the bike with a best finish of 25th. I really don't feel this bike is the limiting factor in these situations, its my legs, and a $12k SL8 wouldn't fix those either.
Awesome to hear. And nice results. I was actually thing of building it up with some Farsports 55s with carbon spokes.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Very good looking bike and a clever choice of parts. A Zipp SL70 Aero bar might be an appropriate option for the bike's purpose of use. But I am not shure if it is available in 36 cm.
Regards,

timmerrr

by timmerrr

reedplayer wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:02 am
Very good looking bike and a clever choice of parts. A Zipp SL70 Aero bar might be an appropriate option for the bike's purpose of use. But I am not shure if it is available in 36 cm.
Regards,
While an aero handlebar certianly would make sense, the only one that really fits my fit is the enve bar in a 40cm (35cm at the hood) but I don't want to put a $400 bar on this build. I need 80+mm reach and 36cm at the hoods. Would really love to try the Pro Vibe Aero Pursuit in 36cm with a 110mm stem (100mm reach bar) but they are hard to find and pricy for an Al bar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

garbageman

by garbageman

timmerrr wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:44 pm

While an aero handlebar certianly would make sense, the only one that really fits my fit is the enve bar in a 40cm (35cm at the hood) but I don't want to put a $400 bar on this build. I need 80+mm reach and 36cm at the hoods. Would really love to try the Pro Vibe Aero Pursuit in 36cm with a 110mm stem (100mm reach bar) but they are hard to find and pricy for an Al bar.
I've seen some positive comments about these Enve-like bars from Speeder https://www.speedercycling.com/Carbon-A ... _p324.html . I think they're around $100 shipped.
Bontrager makes 35 cm hoods/38 cm drops and 37/40 cm in the RSL aero bar (80 mm reach) but they're $$$. might be able to find a good deal on a take-off though as they're spec'ed on some Trek bikes.