Extralite Scr-580 Build - sub5 - 4,61 kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mrfish

by mrfish

Very nice build, really like the RD solution.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xsnailx

by xsnailx

mrfish wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:21 pm
Very nice build, really like the RD solution.
This RD can be also used with 11 speed shifters. Basically it is compatibile with any sram road shifters due to the same pull ratio

I am really looking for hopp carbon parts for this RD - unfortunatelly hopp declined to make them for me :( even if they made it some time ago.
if anyone here has a leverage over (https://www.hoppcarbonparts.de/) and can help me getting this kit - i will be grateful for help:

xsnailx

by xsnailx

So after fitting (fork cut, spacers removed except one) it has 4.61 kg. Now my target is 4.44 and there is some potential that can be freed to make this happen.
1. kcnc ti cables
2. carbon spokes
3. change brakes to engage gavial that i have in my look (they shall be lighter than eebrakes and because i have used them quite long i am not afraid of the stopping power - they have plenty) but the gains will be max 10g so i dont know if it is worth the hassle. (ciamillo brakes are out of equation - due to ted's shady business practices, and i am afraid of running aliexpress clones)

I had a few rides on the bike already - the drivetrain works perfectly, frame is stiffer than schmolke, has lower centre of gravity. I dont see any problem with stiffness and iam pleased with its ride quality. 14.4 she will go to its first race :)

i used babolat vs pro tennis tape for the handlebars - it has good grip in wet and is ultra thin. I ended up using 4 pcs of it

nickf

by nickf

The build looks fantastic. Makes me want to get one even more now. Too many bikes already!

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Great bike. I personally under no circumstances would replace eebrakes by engage gavials.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

Done few rides on them on my look last days, and you have right - this idea is not too smart. ee is far far better in any aspect :)
reedplayer wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:40 pm
Great bike. I personally under no circumstances would replace eebrakes by engage gavials.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

xsnailx wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:01 am
...I am really looking for hopp carbon parts for this RD - unfortunatelly hopp declined to make them for me :( even if they made it some time ago.
if anyone here has a leverage over (https://www.hoppcarbonparts.de/) and can help me getting this kit - i will be grateful for help:
I have his XX1 carbon kit, and while it's intended for 12 speed, I fitted it to an 11 speed.
But yeah, that kit for the XX is the holy grail of mechs!

Plus I have to credit Christoph for getting me into taking apart derailleurs.

xsnailx, if you'd like further info on carbon spokes, feel free to PM.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

UpFromOne wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 2:32 am
xsnailx, if you'd like further info on carbon spokes, feel free to PM.
for sure i will, thanks :) need to chceck the reqired lengths (dont plan to move to extralite hubs for now)

By the way what is the weight difference between red 10 mk1 shifters and red 22 shifters?

xsnailx

by xsnailx

And some racing shots - 25% grade uphill tt ;-)

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Great shots

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

Nice build ! It should get more attention but I think not a lot of people know what is it to climb at 20%... And your setup appear like granny gear even if we saw recently pro women (so above the vast majority of men here) walk the Koppenberg at 22%.

Edit: your wheelset is the RL1.0 model ? Stiff enough ?

xsnailx

by xsnailx

jeanjacques wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:31 am
Nice build ! It should get more attention but I think not a lot of people know what is it to climb at 20%... And your setup appear like granny gear even if we saw recently pro women (so above the vast majority of men here) walk the Koppenberg at 22%.

Edit: your wheelset is the RL1.0 model ? Stiff enough ?
Regarding my setup it is a 34 front / 36 rear sram xx casette, i will begin testing the 34/34 option soon on the non race bike. i am happy to have a 20%-29% climb (3km at that grade) ~15 kms from my home, if i manage to climb it with sensible cadence i will change the gearing so it will allow me to use even lighter hubs ;-) extralite. (they have a limited gear ratio to 1:1)

i have 2 wheelsets for climbing - one is farsports tubulars 23mm and the second is above syncros rl 1.0. clinchers - Both are custom ones with novatec superlight front hub and a bitex rear, My local wheelbuilder made them and he got me the syncros rims too from polish dt distributor (they are made by dt).

i delibrately chosen this clinchers on that race because of low quality asphalt

the rl rims are stiff enough but braking compared to farsports is subpar - i do use black swiss stops for carbon. if someone know what brake pads dt reccomends for carbon rims please let me know :)

LouisN

by LouisN

That's a pretty heavy helmet though...
You gotta love that banana :beerchug: !!

Louis :)

xsnailx

by xsnailx

LouisN wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:04 am
That's a pretty heavy helmet though...
You gotta love that banana :beerchug: !!

Louis :)
Banana man is the one and only :) he did really good job motivating riders to climb

Helmet is heavy but when i use sunglasses (no matter which - i have at least 4 different) i feel that my breath is restricted thus helmet with visor.

on this particular time trial there is 7 km of almost flat course before engaging the steep climb wich is around 25% mostly. if i had chosen some more aero wheels i think i could make the result even better.

after this i have decided to revive my shmolke kom to sit in a middle between extralite and aero but heavy felt ar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com