my Scott Addict RC 40

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NickyR

by NickyR

This is my new "racing" bike (replacing my beloved custom 6,8kg cannondale Caad12) : Scott Addict RC 40 already upgraded
I knew that one day I would have to move towards disc brake on my road bike but it was not my plan to make the switch so fast (my caad12 was built last summer) . After I saw it in the showroom, and check the measurements to decide what size to choose (I was between L and XL), I immediately made the downpayment. I had a real crush for this bike despite being more or less convinced by the fully integrated housing and cables. The paint is fantastic. I didn't weight the bike "stock" but I know it is 8,3kg in XL (without pedals) and I immediately made the following changes :
- front and rear derailleurs Shimano Dura Ace 9100
- Dura ace cassette 11-28
- Dura ace FC-9000 crankset (52/36 and 175mm)
- KMC X11 EL chain
- Selle Italia SLR boost superflow kit carbonio
- Shimano Ultegra C50 R8170 wheelset (1605g with tubeless rim tape) and Pirelli tyres (P-zero velo 25mm) and tubes (Smartube)
IMG_4095.JPG
IMG_4097.JPG
Now the bike is 7,52kg including pedals (Time Xpro 12) and 2 carbon bottle cages.
As soon as I ll be 100% sure of my position on the bike (I think that i need a 120mm stem and probably remove 1 spacer below), I will replace the cockpit with the carbon Syncros Creston combo (that should save 250-300g).

So, most importantly, how does it ride ? Well, I only have 2 rides with it so far (and one of them was the day after a wedding...) but for sure this bike is plenty fast. It is begging for speed. However, even at moderate speed, the bike feels efficient (not too demanding). Spinning or hammering in the flats, it delivers a great feeling of efficiency. Don't know if this is due to the aero stuff, deep carbon wheels, stiffness of the frame and wheels, etc, but it seems that it keeps its speed more easily than what I was used to. The handling is very responsive, very agressive, must get used to that. The confort is good too but not outstanding.But I need more kilometers to fine tune my opinion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jayjay

by jayjay

You will have a lot of fun with your Addict RC :)

NickyR

by NickyR

The bike has ridden and evolved since last year :
- new groupset : time for electronical groupset --> a mix of Shimano Dura ace (cassette, chain, rear derailleur) and Ultegra DI2 12s
- Rotor Aldhu carbon crankset (52/36 oval Qring) 583g with Cyclinceramic pressfit BB
- 55mm wheelset from Wheel-Tec (NL) : Hope Pro 5 hubs, sapim cx ray spokes and 55mm tailwind carbon rim (23mm internal) 1550g
- 40mm RAR even wheelset (FR) with Acros nineteen hubs - 21mm internal rims - 1390g
- Michelin powercup 25mm tyres with TPU tubes
I must say that I was fully happy with my mechanical Dura Ace 9100, nothing to blame, I changed only because of a good deal by my local shop. But this Shimano 12s DI2 groupset is just... great. Better ? Yes... Effortless shifting, no need for micro adjustements (no cable loosening with time), the front derailleur shifting is so accurate and fast (sharp), rear shifting is almost unnoticeable because very smooth. Even the braking has improved (better modulation and feeling : thanks to cervowave ?)
I was afraid of losing the perfect front shifting going from DA to Rotor Aldhu crankset but fortunately no, the shifting is still very very good. Maybe it could be even better with DA crankset but I don't care. Moreover Aldhu carbon is soooo beautifull and 100g lighter than DA (and oval chainring which is my preference)
The 55mm wheeltec wheels are more versatile than expected. Light enough to climb yet aero, stiff but not overly stiff which would make them too "demanding", good in crosswind (I ve seen shallower rim giving worst results in crosswinds), and the Hope pro 5 hubs are incredibely smooth,they just spin and spin and spin... almost no drag in the freehub.
The 40mm wheels make the bike even more "easy" and versatile, perfect for riding in all conditions and hilly rides.
They are mounted with Galfer Wave road 160mm discs that I find very good, on the same level of performance than Shimano (power, feeling) can't comment on durability.
The bike is now sub 7 with 40mm wheels and only 7,1kg with 55mm carbon wheels
Super happy with how it looks and how it rides :
di2 dura ace 6.jpg
Z2.jpg
Z3.jpg

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Looks great! reminds me of mine (but bigger!)