Let's be optimistic, BH evo, under 5kg, and 4K€

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

StanK

by StanK

Get me links, I would like to see whole built.
I've never seen anywhere near such a cheap low-weight build here before, although I'm not as active as I was 3-4 years ago, but the prices of all things have only gone up.

Stepashkin

by Stepashkin

StanK wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:05 pm
I've never seen anywhere near such a cheap low-weight build here before, although I'm not as active as I was 3-4 years ago, but the prices of all things have only gone up.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173772

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StanK

by StanK

Stepashkin wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:54 am
StanK wrote:
Tubulars, one ring, bunch of Ali-things... That make sense, but not for me.
Do you not include the wheels and pedals in the total price, because they are "borrowed"? Sorry, if I missed.
All in all... I didn't see anything new, as I expected.

poulhansen

by poulhansen

StanK wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:45 pm
Stepashkin wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:54 am
StanK wrote:
Tubulars, one ring, bunch of Ali-things... That make sense, but not for me.
Do you not include the wheels and pedals in the total price, because they are "borrowed"? Sorry, if I missed.
All in all... I didn't see anything new, as I expected.
Borrowed things are included in the price I quoted.
I didn't see anything new, as I expected.
So you knew everything before hand but you still didn't believe it was possible??!!
Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg

arcadia

by arcadia

from what I remember I paid 1000 for the frame and fork, with headset and expander, 1000 for the wheel set, 600 for the crankset with chainrings, 50 for cassette, 120 for rear derailleur, 250 for shifters, 200 for the cockpit, 150 for seatpost and 50 for saddle, brakes around 220, and I don't remember the remaining parts, bb was around 30, chain I don't remember, cables were basic ones, then I sold the bike.
Pedals were 45 if I remember.
except the sadddle and cockpit which had very few damages, everything else was like new, but bought as second hand items.
And yes, under 2000, the ax lightness is actualy 5540g, without pedals, but with 3D printed saddle and 2 cages, and some other heavy stuff, and price is 1800 shipped.
The wheels are asterion sl 38 mm which are about 1150g, the saddle is also quite heavy, same for seatpost, the cockpit seems to be a replica, as it's the exact same design as bontrager xxx but different brand, I know some aliexpress are made, but it seems other are legit, using same mold as bontrager xxx, i saw one on brand website, but I don't remember the brand...however I remember it's over 300g on aliexpress, something like 330g instead of 230 for real bontrager xxx version.
That bontrager xxx is a very good option, as it sells for 2-300, however it needs the lucky find, to get good width and good lenght...which for now I didn't find, since I sold the one I had on my bh...
My best choice would be a darimo nexum, but 3K finish, and for now I didn't see any on sale, I saw only 3, two were 44cm and one was 38cm, and all 3 had UD finish...