Carbon fiber proudly made in my grandma's garage

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xdcc

by xdcc

Cycling has been my passion for a long time. It all started with commuting, later I did some racing, holiday trips and even more racing. Some time ago, I even managed to tie my rapidly developing professional life of a composite engineer to the bicycle industry. Since then, my relationship with bicycles has changed forever. Now when I think about bikes, all I can see is 8 am on Monday morning, excel charts and some serious stuff. All I really want is to grab a bike with a smile on my face, enjoy the freedom and feel the play cycling used to give me. Moreover I believe this is the kind of perspective that everybody needs. A little bit of chill is what would be good for this sport. The constant quest for the results, eyes fixed on bike computers, looking with disgust at aluminum components - XD - it’s my only comment on this situation.
So i designed and made few XD bottle cages. The main factor was design, not weight, but I gues around 25 g it is not too bad.
Now I am working as a engineer in carbon frames factory only half time, because I feel that my true life mission is to make custom parts and framaes on my own in my workshop. Currently it is my grandma's garage but hey - everyone has started somehow.
I've lunched kickstarter campaign, and would be super cool if you chcek it and maybe buy my cages :)

https://kickstarter.com/projects/xdcc/x ... -your-bike

You can also chceck some of my other composite procject on my ig:

https://www.instagram.com/stachudopiachu/

I have some other carbon fiber ideas in my mind so it is just a begining! :)

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Kudos for a fresh idea! Although I wouldn't recognize the XD in the bottle design immediately, the context is too far apart from text messaging. One of those "now you see it" situations, I guess. Custom parts manufacturer sharing their results on WW always brings a smile to my face, keep it up! Looking forward for more 😉

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

arcadia

by arcadia

the "LOL" crankset is on it's way?

xdcc

by xdcc

Thanks! I show sometimes carbon stuff on my ig account https://www.instagram.com/stachudopiachu/
Yeah, the lol conception is not that bad, have that in mind while sketching cages xd

spokenwords

by spokenwords

nice work. keep it up. I hope to see some more stuff from you.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.