by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MDecius

by MDecius

runstm wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:21 am
Thanks for the help above - much appreciated.

After a few variations the bike is now 6.84kg (I sometimes take part in UCI races so don't want to be under). Through the process I learnt that it's important to save weight in the 'right' places, without compromising performance as I race every week.

The spec described above is the same, apart from the following:

- eeBrakes
- Rotor Aldhu carbon crank arms with P2M power meter
- Look KEO carbon blade pedals (ceramic bearings with Ti axels)
- Bontranger saddle (PRO stealth carbon damaged in crash)
- 100mm alloy stem (changed from 90mm)
- S-Works seatpost trimmed in lnegth

What I tried (that didn't work for me):

- Swabble Aerothan tubes (light but much harder ride than my latext tubes)
- Darimo seatpost - smashed in a crash within one week of installation
- Extralite stem (kept slipping and was unreliable as a result)
image0.jpeg
Hi, got a quick question for you regarding the Enve SES Aero bar. How easy was it for you to do the internal cable routing in the front end? I am considering upgrading to this bar, also on a rim brake frame running Di2 (12sp Ultegra), and am concerned that because the exit ports are tucked very close to the stem, there won't be much room to run the housing down to the front brake, or the angle will be very awkward.

In the photos you posted, it looks like you've used some solid cable housings like Jagwire Elite (https://jagwire.com/products/diy-cable- ... -brake-kit), was this necessary for making things work with the bar?
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

tarmackev

by tarmackev

That's a lovely bike.
Interesting although my username is Tarmackev, I'm not called Kevin (Terrible name) and I've never owned a Tarmac. This bike would be up there if I we're buying today.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

runstm wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:21 am
Thanks for the help above - much appreciated.

After a few variations the bike is now 6.84kg (I sometimes take part in UCI races so don't want to be under). Through the process I learnt that it's important to save weight in the 'right' places, without compromising performance as I race every week.

The spec described above is the same, apart from the following:

- eeBrakes
- Rotor Aldhu carbon crank arms with P2M power meter
- Look KEO carbon blade pedals (ceramic bearings with Ti axels)
- Bontranger saddle (PRO stealth carbon damaged in crash)
- 100mm alloy stem (changed from 90mm)
- S-Works seatpost trimmed in lnegth

What I tried (that didn't work for me):

- Swabble Aerothan tubes (light but much harder ride than my latext tubes)
- Darimo seatpost - smashed in a crash within one week of installation
- Extralite stem (kept slipping and was unreliable as a result)
image0.jpeg
Here are some suggestions for things Im using on my Storck F.3 (which work very well):
- RideNow tubes: 36g. They have basically the same rolling resistance as latex (~1 watt more). I've been riding Challenge latex for years and cant tell the difference in suppleness. Definitely less of a headache pumping up tires everyday. Also only $10 each.
- MCFK Full Carbon saddle: 76g. Really high quality carbon saddle that has the perfect amount of flex so you (I) can ride it all day in comfort
- BLNC Carbon cages with bolts x 2: 16g. Been using these cages for over a year now, very light, never had a bottle fall, still going strong.
- Edco Monoblock Cassette: 188g. Shifting is good, my Dura Ace Cassette was above claimed weight @ 211g.
- Winspace Hyper 50: 1320g - *f##k* the Enves off cause they're garbage flexy massively overrated hoops that delminate if you look at them sideways and used the proceeds to buy a wheelset thats stiffer, lighter, better made and faster
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

kode54

by kode54

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:Did Darimo offer crash replacement or anything at all?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
Darimo offers crash replacement. I had to take a pic of my Lupina and was offered a discount. I forget what that % was but it was significant.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc