Dream build Sworks Aethos (Now 5.98kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Absolutely IN LOVE with this bike! New MSL35 wheels on Carbon Ti hubs, Berk Lupina 150mm saddle and installed the THM Power Meter Crankset. Weighing in at 5,98kg

One more goodie on its way which should make her sub 5,89kg

Last edited by Bianchi10 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Do you get the THM crankset to handle shifting without issues talking chainline and chain drops?
Thinking since THM has 2mm less width talking chainline compared to Srams crank!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:08 pm
Do you get the THM crankset to handle shifting without issues talking chainline and chain drops?
Thinking since THM has 2mm less width talking chainline compared to Srams crank!
Surprisingly, I've not had any chain drops so far. I was very nervous that the shifting performance would be compromised, however I will say that the shifting is just as crisp and precise as the Sram Red w/Praxis rings!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Bianchi10 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:40 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:08 pm
Surprisingly, I've not had any chain drops so far. I was very nervous that the shifting performance would be compromised, however I will say that the shifting is just as crisp and precise as the Sram Red w/Praxis rings!
I can totally understand your nervousness damaging that premium crank!
But you've managed!
Nice to "hear"
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

NIXvelo

by NIXvelo

Bianchi10 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:29 pm
Got some new custom wheels. Will take some photos and share soon. The builder sent the wrong freehub installed, so waiting for that to arrive.

On this wheel, he had installed Stans rim tape which is already pretty light. Through some research and conversations with friends who have done this, I bought and installed Powder coating tape. Super light, yet thick at the same time. Is meant for high temps and works well. I saved an additional 25g switching from Stans to this.

Hi Bianchi10. Beaut bike BTW! Just had a question about the powder coating tape coz I’m considering doing this myself. When you put the tape... did you wrap it just once or twice?

Nick38

by Nick38

Tremendous build there Bianchi10. I run a couple of Tarmac SL7s myself and often wondered if I’d missed a trick not considering the Aethos. I wonder……..

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Sick build!!! Congrats on finishing the bike my dude!
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7
Supersix Evo HM Black INC

reedplayer

by reedplayer

Looks good!

kode54

by kode54

NIXvelo wrote:
Bianchi10 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:29 pm
Got some new custom wheels. Will take some photos and share soon. The builder sent the wrong freehub installed, so waiting for that to arrive.

On this wheel, he had installed Stans rim tape which is already pretty light. Through some research and conversations with friends who have done this, I bought and installed Powder coating tape. Super light, yet thick at the same time. Is meant for high temps and works well. I saved an additional 25g switching from Stans to this.

Hi Bianchi10. Beaut bike BTW! Just had a question about the powder coating tape coz I’m considering doing this myself. When you put the tape... did you wrap it just once or twice?
When left on for a season, the adhesive stuck to the rim. Took what felt like an hour rubbing the glue off.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

romanmoser

by romanmoser

GO latex inner tubes
Shittolito and ride quality don't go together in the same sentence
Ride like garden hose

stermyx

by stermyx

:shock: :shock: :shock: Impressive bike man!!

One question about the cranks, how its working with the powermeter?? any problems??

How about the precision in the shiftings? any problems??

Thanks.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

stermyx wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:26 pm

One question about the cranks, how its working with the powermeter?? any problems??

Thanks.
The shifting has been absolute perfection. Not a single mis-shift. I've been incredibly happy with those chainrings. As for the crankset, they've been fantastic as well. I'm not a huge data person though. I do not analyze my data after rides, so there could be dropouts. I'm just not aware of it. I use a PM only when on the bike and looking at current power output. That being said, I've yet to see any sort of issue or jumping around with the numbers. The quality of the crankset itself appears to be supurb. It's uber light, no noticeable flex and performs as needed.

stermyx

by stermyx

Bianchi10 wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:25 am
stermyx wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:26 pm

Thanks.
The shifting has been absolute perfection. Not a single mis-shift. I've been incredibly happy with those chainrings. As for the crankset, they've been fantastic as well. I'm not a huge data person though. I do not analyze my data after rides, so there could be dropouts. I'm just not aware of it. I use a PM only when on the bike and looking at current power output. That being said, I've yet to see any sort of issue or jumping around with the numbers. The quality of the crankset itself appears to be supurb. It's uber light, no noticeable flex and performs as needed.
Thanks for the response and congratulations for the bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

are the exustar pedals good? why not look carbon ceramic tis or wahoos/speedplay