8,4 kg two-suspension gravel setup

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mrh58

by Mrh58

Sorry for the weight without giving details. The process took me over two years and it was interrupted due to a serious desease. The exact weights of the frame and parts have been lost and I actually refused of the goal of maximum weight loss. Also, if I were building a bike today, I would probably use a number of different components in that build.

Image Image Image Image

Frameset - Jamis Renegade Expert 2017;
Wheelset - Gravel built with DT Swiss 180 FS50/30G-700C (40 front, 50 rear) from FARSPORTS;
Shifting levers - SHIMANO GRX DI2 Hydraulic Disc Brake;
Handlebar - Coefficient AR Handlebar 44cm;
Stem - ShockStop Suspension Stem 90cm;
Seatpost - Cane Creek eesilk 27.2mm;
Crankset - SRAM QUARQ Red 1 AXS DUB Power Meter Carbon;
Brakes - SHIMANO GRX Hydraulic Disc Brake;
Rear Derailleur - Shimano RD-RX 817 with GARBARUK cage; and Garbaruk 11-50 cassete;
Rotors - Shimano Dura Ace SM RT-900 Disc Centerlock 160mm;
Tires - 28mm tubeless Schwable Pro One;
Pedals - Crankbrothers Egg Beater 11;
Saddle - Selle Italia SLR Boost Endurance Superflow;
Sub Brake Lever - SHIMANO GRX BL-RX812;
Mirror - The Italian Road Bike Mirror;
Wrap - Acros Silicone Wrap Handlebar Tape.

Beyond weight:
Cages - Elite Custom Race Plus;
Bottles - Syssa Race stainless steel;
Front light - Moon MX;
Rear light - Moon Sirius.

As a person with a number of serious injuries, I tried to create a comfort universal build for all-road. But I still have a passion for sprinting and climbing on the good road. So, key point here is the seatpost and stem, which gave me decent comfort level on the rough asphalt, gravel and singletrack routes almoust without sacrificing speed and stiffness on the good tarmac. Also the handlebar was the gamechanger for me. It has an anatomical curve that allows my wrists stay in comfort position (the same principle as the EZ bar on the gym). The combination of these three things works great for me. They are only slightly heavier than standard carbon components. I think it's possible to use them in almost any build for a significant increase in comfort levels and for using ultra-light builds on rough roads if such a task is required.

About the name and painting. There is a beautiful idiom in English that comes from ancient Greek legend. Days when I am on a bicycle are rare days for me of peace and pacifying. There is exactly the halcyon days that our world desperately needs right now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com