"Budget" Sub 6 Aethos

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

alexn15

by alexn15

Goal was to build a sub 6 Non-Sworks size 56 disc bike without using exotic carbon parts (except the Berk Lupina) and with 28mm tubeless tires for daily rides.

Frame is heavy at 801g because of the thick paint on this Sagan Edition Aethos so not a good start. Painted the Bontrager XXX cockpit and the Mt Zoom Seatpost to match the frame so I added a few grams there as well.

BB is used is white industries BSA30 (anything significantly lighter alternative?). Will the BB30 Sram Red 22 crank fit this BSA frame?

Some of the weights are estimate and some are actual. Photo on the scale do not include the garmin mount. Weight is 5.98 with the mount.

I could maybe lose a few more grams by going Darimo T1 on the seatpost so I can keep it under 6kg with a single sided Favero power meter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

alexn15 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:03 pm
BB is used is white industries BSA30 (anything significantly lighter alternative?).
62g for BBInfinite without a spindle shield.

alexn15

by alexn15

Klaster_1 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:11 pm
alexn15 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:03 pm
BB is used is white industries BSA30 (anything significantly lighter alternative?).
62g for BBInfinite without a spindle shield.
Thanks!!

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

Alex! Beautiful ride! Nice job on the painting of the post and bars.

I just bought an Aethos today and I need a zero set back post. Can you tell me what you think of the Mt Zoom post please?
Thank you so much Alex.

Matt

waswerte

by waswerte

Great Build! When the discs wear out you could save about 20g by using Galfer centerlock rotors.

Nixster

by Nixster

The SRAM Red BB30 crank won't work as the spindle is too short. GXP would but at a relatively small weight penalty.
A power meter spider plus light chain rings may be a good option as you already have the Adhu carbon cranks but you will probably gain 80-100g over your current setup.
Looks great as it is though!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com