Winspace SLC 2.0 w/ Campagnolo 12 - 7.26kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mog88

by Mog88

bona wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:43 pm
Thanks for the prompt reply Mog. I reckon I also fit in the 'long limbs + shorter torso' build. Great weight for a XXL bike btw ;) Any comments/advice on the integrated cockpit after a few months?
Happy to help! I do like it, it's not the stiffest set up I've had, but for the riding I do (very rarely full on sprinting) it works for me. Was also relatively painless to build it up.

JayOJonson

by JayOJonson

Nice build, How do you find the frameset overall? I am looking to purchase in a 58 but rim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mog88

by Mog88

JayOJonson wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:43 pm
Nice build, How do you find the frameset overall? I am looking to purchase in a 58 but rim
So far only good things to say about it. Was fairly straightforward to build, no issues with tolerances or bad QC, and has been great to ride. I've put about 1500km on it and I think it handles slightly better than my Cervelo R3.

Rone69

by Rone69

Mog88 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:17 am
JayOJonson wrote:
So far only good things to say about it. Was fairly straightforward to build, no issues with tolerances or bad QC, and has been great to ride. I've put about 1500km on it and I think it handles slightly better than my Cervelo R3.

What's it like to ride? Is it comfortable?

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

I have one, becareful the computer mount, when is descending the vibration can hurt the gps computer, my 530 just blow up because the high speed + vibration.
the stiffness in the handlebar are very high, more than most handlebars.

Rone69

by Rone69

extrusionedwin wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:01 pm
I have one, becareful the computer mount, when is descending the vibration can hurt the gps computer, my 530 just blow up because the high speed + vibration.
the stiffness in the handlebar are very high, more than most handlebars.
Do you have the Winspace Zero integrated handlebar?
What can you say about this frame compared to other frames you own, or you have owned or tested?
Is it comfortable?
Someone say that it is unstable at the front, what can you say about?
Do you had any issue or any kind of problem?

Thank you very much

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

Winspace Zero integrated handlebar very stiff.
the frameset is ok,
all the feel is like BMC teammachine SLR01 but more comfortable.
the front is nice, only very stiff.
no issue, no problem the stiff is too high more than R5 o Dogma F.

Rone69

by Rone69

extrusionedwin wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:27 pm
the frameset is ok,
thank you very much.
do you have some pictures?

Mog88

by Mog88

Rone69 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:17 am
Mog88 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:17 am
JayOJonson wrote:

What's it like to ride? Is it comfortable?
No complaints about the ride, I'd say comparable to my Cervelo.
Were you wanting pics of the one piece handlebar?

prejitsu

by prejitsu

What is the maximum measured tyre width on this frame?

Rone69

by Rone69

extrusionedwin wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:27 pm
the frameset is ok,

Replacing the Winspace Zero integrated handlebar with a standar stem+handlebar (FSA, 3T, Ritchey, Deda, ...) do you think that the comfort will be better?

Do you have all this bike ? SLR01, R5 Dogma F?

juraj

by juraj

Mog88 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:40 am
bona wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:00 pm
Great build Mog88! I am eyeing the SLC in its rim brake version. I want to pair it with the new Hyper wheels to make a twitchy bike good for the climbs and the flats. I need to figure out if the Campagnolo direct mount brakes have enough clearance for the new Hyper's increased outer rim width. If not I will go with Shimano.

I must ask: does the 58cm feel like the perfect size for you? I am 190cm and I am not sure which of the 55 or 58cm is optimal for me, just by looking at their geometry charts and comparing to my present bike. In doubt it's typically better to go for smaller than larger.
I'm 193cm with long arms and legs, but short torso, and the 58 is perfect for me. I also have a 58cm Cervelo R3 which was also a great fit, if that helps.
Hi Mog88, I'm around 192cm and thinking of getting the SLC. I have a coupe of questions if you could please help:
1) What stem length are you using ?
2) What crankarm length ? with 58 size bikes and 175mm crank - sometimes the tip of my foot touches the front wheel. which does not happen on larger frames.
3) What is the color option you have ? it seems very heavy at 900gh+, at least for the superlight black Winspace do claim much lower black.
thanks

Mog88

by Mog88

prejitsu wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:50 am
What is the maximum measured tyre width on this frame?
They claim 28 but I've fit 30mm Pirelli P Zeros no problem. The narrowest point at the chainstays is about 40mm.

Mog88

by Mog88

juraj wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:46 am
Mog88 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:40 am
bona wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:00 pm
Great build Mog88! I am eyeing the SLC in its rim brake version. I want to pair it with the new Hyper wheels to make a twitchy bike good for the climbs and the flats. I need to figure out if the Campagnolo direct mount brakes have enough clearance for the new Hyper's increased outer rim width. If not I will go with Shimano.

I must ask: does the 58cm feel like the perfect size for you? I am 190cm and I am not sure which of the 55 or 58cm is optimal for me, just by looking at their geometry charts and comparing to my present bike. In doubt it's typically better to go for smaller than larger.
I'm 193cm with long arms and legs, but short torso, and the 58 is perfect for me. I also have a 58cm Cervelo R3 which was also a great fit, if that helps.
Hi Mog88, I'm around 192cm and thinking of getting the SLC. I have a coupe of questions if you could please help:
1) What stem length are you using ?
2) What crankarm length ? with 58 size bikes and 175mm crank - sometimes the tip of my foot touches the front wheel. which does not happen on larger frames.
3) What is the color option you have ? it seems very heavy at 900gh+, at least for the superlight black Winspace do claim much lower black.
thanks
1) It's the 95mm integrated handlebar from Winspace.
2) 175 cranks, no toe overlap
3) It's the superlight black version. I know the size medium is claimed at 780g+/-50g, so I figure it's an extra 100g for the bigger size, and perhaps a bit of under-reading from Winspace. To be fair, I don't know exactly how accurate my scales are so that could be a factor too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timony

by Timony

Nice build!
My frame has just left Hong Kong - ordered on the 13th Dec. Planning to a post on the build myself - if there's any interest for that sort of thing.

Wanted to know what the elita seatpost is like? It looks really light but the part that the rails sit on it made of carbon which looks a bit worrying to me. Have you had any issues with it?

Also, did the elita seatpost come with different sizes of rail attachments, like 7x9 as well as 9x9? Or does it just come with one size? (hope that makes sense)
Thanks!