Winspace SLC 2.0 w/ Campagnolo 12 - 7.26kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Mog88

by Mog88

Hi everyone, I'm slowly starting to gather parts for my upcoming build - a Winspace SLC 2.0 disc (size XXL/58) with Campagnolo 12 speed mechanical. This will be replacing my Cervelo R3 rim with Sram mechanical so lots of change going on. Ordered the integrated bars with it so we'll see how they go, though they're not the lightest. Wheels should be arriving within a week hopefully (Parcours Grimpeur) and the drivetrain parts a little after that.

Initial weights:
Frame (XXL) with hanger - 920g
Fork (uncut) - 376g
Integrated bars (95x420) - 393g

Had a minor heart attack when the box showed up like this, but all was good inside:

And here it is just loosely put together to start to get an idea of how it'll look.
Last edited by Mog88 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Nice looking forward to this

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RodrigoOliveira

by RodrigoOliveira

Cool. I'll probably use this frame for a future build. Just knowing the weight of the XL size is a huge help.

Mog88

by Mog88

RodrigoOliveira wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:46 pm
Cool. I'll probably use this frame for a future build. Just knowing the weight of the XL size is a huge help.
Nice! If you want any measurements or weights of anything just let me know.

velov

by velov

Looking forward to this...I've recently changed to Campy SR mech from Sram Red mech as well.

Mog88

by Mog88

Wheelset arrived today! Weight comes in at 1433g including rim tape (665g front, 768g rear) which I'd say is pretty good vs the quoted 1395g which was presumably without tape. Initial impressions are really good, and the communication from Dov at Parcours was excellent. Now just to wait on the Campagnolo parts.

kuyash

by kuyash

Hi did You manage to finish the build - intrested to see results

Mog88

by Mog88

kuyash wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:54 am
Hi did You manage to finish the build - intrested to see results
Nearly finished! Just got it on the trainer for now

Mog88

by Mog88

Well here it is fully built (in non-WW mode)
Came in at 7.26kg with my Keo Blade pedals instead of my Assiomas in the first picture.
Rough build list:
Would be great to hit sub 7kg, some easy options would be lighter bars and a lighter cassette that would probably get me most of the way there, but we'll see how it goes as is for now.

LackOfWatts

by LackOfWatts

How well does the quick link play with the SR12 chain?

Mog88

by Mog88

LackOfWatts wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:13 am
How well does the quick link play with the SR12 chain?
Not had any issues whatsoever, works great.

LouisN

by LouisN

Very nice :beerchug: !!

Louis :)

bona

by bona

Great build Mog88! I am eyeing the SLC in its rim brake version. I want to pair it with the new Hyper wheels to make a twitchy bike good for the climbs and the flats. I need to figure out if the Campagnolo direct mount brakes have enough clearance for the new Hyper's increased outer rim width. If not I will go with Shimano.

I must ask: does the 58cm feel like the perfect size for you? I am 190cm and I am not sure which of the 55 or 58cm is optimal for me, just by looking at their geometry charts and comparing to my present bike. In doubt it's typically better to go for smaller than larger.

Mog88

by Mog88

bona wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:00 pm
Great build Mog88! I am eyeing the SLC in its rim brake version. I want to pair it with the new Hyper wheels to make a twitchy bike good for the climbs and the flats. I need to figure out if the Campagnolo direct mount brakes have enough clearance for the new Hyper's increased outer rim width. If not I will go with Shimano.

I must ask: does the 58cm feel like the perfect size for you? I am 190cm and I am not sure which of the 55 or 58cm is optimal for me, just by looking at their geometry charts and comparing to my present bike. In doubt it's typically better to go for smaller than larger.
I'm 193cm with long arms and legs, but short torso, and the 58 is perfect for me. I also have a 58cm Cervelo R3 which was also a great fit, if that helps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bona

by bona

Thanks for the prompt reply Mog. I reckon I also fit in the 'long limbs + shorter torso' build. Great weight for a XXL bike btw ;) Any comments/advice on the integrated cockpit after a few months?