Winspace SLC 2.0 w/ Campagnolo 12 - 7.26kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Timony

by Timony

My frame arrived today! Excited. Instantly took it out the box and weighed it.
Packaging was really impressive and undamaged. Frame and forks look incredible.

Size 490 rim brake (superlight) black colour:

Frame 800g on the nose
Hanger 14g
Uncut fork 402g
Seatpost 190g
Seatpost clamp 19g
Headset bearings and dustcap 68g
Steerer tube plug and top cap 55g

I'll probably do a similar post to this once it's built up with Sram red 10 speed and other aliexpress bits and bobs.

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rone69

by Rone69

Timony wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:09 pm

Frame 800g on the nose
Hanger 14g
Uncut fork 402g
Seatpost 190g
Seatpost clamp 19g
Headset bearings and dustcap 68g
Steerer tube plug and top cap 55g

I'll probably do a similar post to this once it's built up with Sram red 10 speed and other aliexpress bits and bobs.

Cheers!

Please, could you take some pictures and post it ?

Timony

by Timony

Please, could you take some pictures and post it ?
[/quote]

Sure, attached some pics below.
I cut the fork today and now weighs 368grams. Frame is rim brake so I'm guessing that will be lighter than a naked disc frame. Also worth mentioning the rear hanger is 14gs and frame is fully internally cable routed with the slick white outers - which adds a tiny bit of weight. I also weighed the frame with the front hanger because I'm planning on going 2x.
Currently building it up and waiting for a few bits to arrive in the mail - I'll post more pics once it's built up.
Thanks!
Attachments
fork.png
frame and hanger.png
headset.png
seatpost.png

Timony

by Timony

This is a preview of my build below. Hoping to get to sub 6kg without too many sacrifices:
Attachments
build preview.PNG

flying

by flying

Timony wrote:

Looking forward to your finished build :thumbup:

Question on your 490 frame....
Do you normally ride a 53/54cm then?
Looking at their sizing is a bit confusing & I was curious myself
Thanks

Timony

by Timony

flying wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:36 pm
Timony wrote:

Looking forward to your finished build :thumbup:

Question on your 490 frame....
Do you normally ride a 53/54cm then?
Looking at their sizing is a bit confusing & I was curious myself
Thanks
Almost finished now, just got to wait for the farsports before I start indexing and getting rid of links in the chain.

Yes, I do usually ride a 53/54.
I'm roughly 5ft10, usually ride a medium giant tcr. I've been riding it for years but always found the head tube to be slightly too long/high, probably because of the 'overdrive' steerer tube - however, the reach was ok(ish, maybe a little bit too long). The effective top tube on the winspace is probably quite similar to the giant which has longer top tube but shorter seat tube.
Judging from the geometry on the winspace site, it seemed to have slightly shorter top and head tube which brought the stack down, reach was slightly decreased as well. We'll see how it goes once I start riding it haha.
Attachments
geo.PNG
geo.PNG (29.44 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

Timony

by Timony

Can't seem to add the horizontal photos I took.
Firstly, build weighs just under 5.9kg which I'm really happy about. Haven't taken it out because it's been quite icy around here.

Secondly, building it up was very simple even with my basic mechanical skills. I did have a few problems with the internal cabling.
- The rear brake internal cable exit (not sure what it's called but it's where the cable exits the frame) kept popping out so I've stuck it down with ugly electrical tape. You can't really tell from a distance as the tape is black - bit of an inconvenience.
- Another internal cable issue I had is I'm using Jagwire shift cabling and the cable end didn't fit flush with the cable exit on the frame (near the rear derailleur), there's only about 1mm of space and wobbles around a tiny bit. May not be an issue with other cable brands.
Attachments
IMG_20230121_173523326_HDR.jpg
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.42 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (53.73 KiB) Viewed 2196 times

skom25

by skom25

If it is possible, buy spare frame plugs, drill them a little and run full housing to rear brake. It will add few grams but IMO it is better solution.

Timony

by Timony

skom25 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:46 pm
If it is possible, buy spare frame plugs, drill them a little and run full housing to rear brake. It will add few grams but IMO it is better solution.
Thanks, if it becomes an issue then may look into that.
I was going to try increasing the length of the outer cable to the rear brake, it has enough slack already though.
Thanks.

Rone69

by Rone69

Timony wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:12 pm
Firstly, build weighs just under 5.9kg which I'm really happy about. Haven't taken it out because it's been quite icy around here.

Secondly, building it up was very simple even with my basic mechanical skills. I did have a few problems with the internal cabling.
- The rear brake internal cable exit (not sure what it's called but it's where the cable exits the frame) kept popping out so I've stuck it down with ugly electrical tape. You can't really tell from a distance as the tape is black - bit of an inconvenience.
- Another internal cable issue I had is I'm using Jagwire shift cabling and the cable end didn't fit flush with the cable exit on the frame (near the rear derailleur), there's only about 1mm of space and wobbles around a tiny bit. May not be an issue with other cable brands.
Wow! Nice build.
Have you already tested the bike?
What can you say about the frame? Is it stiff? Is it confortable? How does it work on the flat, climbing and descending?

I'm trouble about the size, your frame is 490, which is you saddle hight?
Thank you very much.

Timony

by Timony

Rone69 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:11 am
Timony wrote:

Wow! Nice build.
What can you say about the frame? Is it stiff? Is it confortable? How does it work on the flat, climbing and descending?

Thank you very much.
Thanks! I will hopefully be riding on the weekend if there is no ice on the roads. I'd hate to slip over on the first ride :lol:
There is not much flat around where I live. Only up or down.

Saddle height depends on a few things - I'm using 165 cranks, dura ace 7900 pedals for reference. The centre of pedal to centre of the saddle is 87.25mm (leg inseam is roughly 80mm). I think I will take a set of allen keys with me when I go ride it to improve the fit.

Rone69

by Rone69

Timony wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:02 pm
Rone69 wrote:
Timony wrote:

Wow! Nice build.

Thank you very much.
Thanks! I will hopefully be riding on the weekend if there is no ice on the roads. I'd hate to slip over on the first ride :lol:

Saddle height depends on a few things - I'm using 165 cranks, dura ace 7900 pedals for reference. The centre of pedal to centre of the saddle is 87.25mm (leg inseam is roughly 80mm). I think I will take a set of allen keys with me when I go ride it to improve the fit.

Thank you very much.
Sorry but I don't understand, How many millimeters are there between the center of the BB and the center of the saddle (A)?

In my bike A=725mm, crank=172.5, reach 390, stack 540 (+ 25mm of spacers), I think that the 520 can fit well for me, 490 size maybe is too short and need to many spacers under the stem.
Attachments
IMG_20230121_173523326_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230121_173523326_HDR.jpg (99.47 KiB) Viewed 2020 times

Timony

by Timony

Rone69 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:27 am
Timony wrote:
Rone69 wrote:
Timony wrote:

Wow! Nice build.

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.
Sorry but I don't understand, How many millimeters are there between the center of the BB and the center of the saddle (A)?

In my bike A=725mm, crank=172.5, reach 390, stack 540 (+ 25mm of spacers), I think that the 520 can fit well for me, 490 size maybe is too short and need to many spacers under the stem.
Sorry, I should have made that clearer. 'A' measurement is 715mm.

I'm by no means a bike fitter but my giant had roughly the same reach and stack as your current setup. I would get in contact with winspace and send them your stack and reach, see what they would advise.

I sized down for weight, that was my main reason to be honest - I have a 100mm stem and 110mm stem (both cheap uno) just in case. I've added 15mm of spacers to the steerer but I think I will eventually go to 5mm spacer. I've ridden this on the rollers this week and feels like I could go lower.

Rone69

by Rone69

Timony wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:56 pm
Rone69 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:27 am
Timony wrote:
Rone69 wrote:

Wow! Nice build.

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer. 'A' measurement is 715mm.

I'm by no means a bike fitter but my giant had roughly the same reach and stack as your current setup. I would get in contact with winspace and send them your stack and reach, see what they would advise.

I sized down for weight, that was my main reason to be honest - I have a 100mm stem and 110mm stem (both cheap uno) just in case. I've added 15mm of spacers to the steerer but I think I will eventually go to 5mm spacer. I've ridden this on the rollers this week and feels like I could go lower.

Thank you very much.

I look forward to your review

Rone69

by Rone69

Timony wrote:
Rone69 wrote:
Timony wrote:

Wow! Nice build.

Thank you very much.

Hi Timony, do you have any update? Any ride on the roads?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com