2022 Crux S-Works 52

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

lovestheclimb

by lovestheclimb

Quality looking build. Much difference in the handling when using 650 or 700 wheels?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

imajez

by imajez

Frisco wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:21 pm
I test fit with wheelsmfg BB and 46/30 EC90, and it’s tight but clears the chainstay. I measured a 4mm gap between the teeth and chainstay, but the crank arms were biased towards the NDS so it’s probably closer to 5-6mm. I ordered a 1.8mm spacer to move the chain out but it seems like I can make this work without too much fuss.

So how well has this worked clearance wise long term? And what setup did you settle on, including BB?

Frisco wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:37 pm
I also have a 180mm front rotor on order from galfer. The cage down at the BB was removed because the chain didn’t actually clear it.
The disc comment also made me think to use some spare 180mm XTR rotors I have, so I may put one up front on the Crux [that I'm going to get, once I nail my build] and put the other on my Chisel forks instead of the 160mms.
Bit puzzld by the cage/chain issue. You have a bottle cage mounted under downtube in your various photos, so did you change the cage to a differnt one or position of cage? I intend using the under down tube cage when riding on long hot days or when bikepacking.
Last edited by imajez on Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrfish

by mrfish

Pro tip for mounting tyres: spray disk brake cleaner on the rim...
Not a great idea to mix petrochemical disc brake cleaner with rubber tyres. For lower friction try water with dish soap and/or technique of pulling the tyre bead into the rim recess around the rim and using a thin tyre lever.

spartacus

by spartacus

mrfish wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:16 pm
Pro tip for mounting tyres: spray disk brake cleaner on the rim...
Not a great idea to mix petrochemical disc brake cleaner with rubber tyres. For lower friction try water with dish soap and/or technique of pulling the tyre bead into the rim recess around the rim and using a thin tyre lever.
+1 brake cleaner is nasty stuff