My First WW Attempt: S-Works SL6 Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

timmerrr

by timmerrr

Last parts came in last night! Time to finish moving and then get this rebuild going!
cranks.jpg
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Cool man looking forwrd to this

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timmerrr

by timmerrr

Well, She's almost all buttoned up! First shake out ride this morning. No issues with the Skypivot crank, i actually really like the Cinch style spider mount and the way the preload adjuster's threads are machined into the spindle instead of a sleeve that can spin on the spindle, seems much more robust than Sram's solution. The L-Twoo eRX has been solid. The rear shifting is good on a Shimano 11-30 12 speed cassette and PYC chain. Need to spend some time in the stand actually dialing it in, but that shouldn't take long. The FD shifts really well, it amazes me that a company this young can make a working FD but Sram can't... The TA Specialties chainrings are nice, the 54-38t combo works just fine. I have had the problem with the FD not responding twice, but there is a reset in the App that brings it back. Not ideal, but it should be an easy software fix. Currently riding on a set of team pit wheels as I am still waiting on my LB crash replacements... Customs and UPS nightmare.
SL6 Rebuild.jpg
Scale shot coming once I get my Farsport Feders set back up with lighter tires and a lighter cassette!

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

This I like
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

kode54

by kode54

The Skypivot graphics looks much better with black on matte black rather than the loud large white logos I’ve seen on other versions.

The rebuild looks great!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

timmerrr

by timmerrr

There is just something about a black S-Works on Turbo Cottons... <3 I'll snag some daylight pics when I get home today.
SL6 4.jpg
SL6 4.jpg (74.8 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
6.7kg with a boat anchor Ultegra 11-34 cassette on it. Anyone in Mallorca next week want to play bikes? First time going to Europe and I don't think I could have picked a better week. Forecast 82-85*F and sunny every single day!

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Lovely man enjoy!!! Bike looks great

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

timmerrr

by timmerrr

The bike performed perfectly. Could have ridden a 30kg city bike and still been almost as happy. What a special place!
mallorca 9.jpg
mallorca 8.jpg
mallorca 7.jpg
mallorca 6.jpg
mallorca 5.jpg
mallorca 4.jpg
Also the first time I think I'd ever been complimented on this frame. Lots of appreciation for a "classic" lightweight build from people I ran into at various stops around the island.

Sadly my legs didn't cooperate for an effort up Sa Calobra. This wasn't strictly a cycling holiday, so being in form wasn't exactly a priority. I'm cofident I have the power to do a sub 30 minute effort. Guess thats just a good excuse to go back!