Introducing myself & my Winspace SLC project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

geoffrois

by geoffrois

Hello everyone,

Im a long time time ghostfag of the forum, Ive decided to register in order to instroduce myself & share my (1st) bike building project.
Main ideas are to motivate myself, share my successes, struggles, find some support, collect any advice etc...

Im a 30yo road cyclist from Paris area. I especially love riding uphill & enjoy long distance rides as well.

So, my project is to build a light climbing bike, without sacrificing a certain comfort & ease of use. I discovered the brand Winspace through the well-know hyper wheel and decided to try one of their frame model, the SLC 2.0 (Super Light Climber).

Hereby picture of the frame, it is a raw carbon finish with a flower pattern I find really elegant & poetic, I hope you'll like it as well !
Attachments
IMG_4618.JPG
IMG_4607.JPG
Last edited by geoffrois on Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mkentik

by mkentik

Hi i look forward for your build,i like also this brand and would like to see one full build and review have seriously considered this brand.Can you share some more info? Is this disc or Rim Build weights etc?
-----------------------------------------
[Cicli Barco XCR]
[Cervelo S-Series]
Ritchey Break Away
Wilier Triestina Ramata
[Gios Compact Evolution]
[Colnago Master Oval Titanium]
Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra
Piton Twin
Miyata Century
Vitus 992
Daccordi 50th

tonchy

by tonchy

Obviously it's a rimbrake frameset. :)
Check the first picture.

geoffrois

by geoffrois

mkentik wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:13 am
Hi i look forward for your build,i like also this brand and would like to see one full build and review have seriously considered this brand.Can you share some more info? Is this disc or Rim Build weights etc?
Tks for your interest ! Don't hesitate if you have any quesion, I'll be happy to help you even though I won't be able to review the bike itself until its fully built. Which will take a certain time because I'll be in holidays in a few days.
This model is simply called SLC (for super light climber) model 2.0. This one is indeed a rim brake version, direct-mount rim brake to be more specific. You can find all bike infos such as geometry etc.. on winspace website.

Regarding the weight of the frame itself, I mesured it at 880grams for mine, which is a size 55 (520 in Winspace system).
IMG_4610.JPG
Im starting the building easily the next two days until my departure in holidays, starting with the installation of the BB I got from Hambini. I chose a 24mm size in order to keep compatibility with Shimano equipments, even though I will probably go for a rotor crankset.
IMG_4596.JPG

Supersix56

by Supersix56

Looks good!

Can't wait to see it all built up.

Winspace are really getting some serious traction this year as a market leader in high end product that's priced fairly.
Portland based
Sagan SS 2012 Team Issue

dolophonic

by dolophonic

looks good so far !! welcome :thumbup:

Mog88

by Mog88

Hey geoffrois, did you get this fully built? Just wondered what your impressions of the frame were as I'm looking to order one. Also, how's the paint scheme in real life? Torn between this and the plain black.

geoffrois

by geoffrois

Mog88 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:41 pm
Hey geoffrois, did you get this fully built? Just wondered what your impressions of the frame were as I'm looking to order one. Also, how's the paint scheme in real life? Torn between this and the plain black.
Hi dear, cant answer for the frame it self as I still didnt ride it, I only heard good feedback though. Regarding paint scheme I really like it personnaly, as well as the raw carbon effect which gives the frame a very unique furry or cloudy look. I attach close up pics to give you an idea. Hope it helps.
Attachments
IMG_4647.JPG
IMG_4646.JPG
IMG_4641.JPG

geoffrois

by geoffrois

So... Its been a while, really sorry about that.
I didn't want to rush at all but I could have posted some updates for sure.
Anyway,I still plan to have the bike ready for this spring,
Here's how it looks atm, I still have to fix fork & front brake, add the chain, adjust derailleurs & brakes settings, set protective & handlebar tapes, adjust it to my measurements etc...
Attachments
IMG_4634.JPG
IMG_4635.JPG

kuyash

by kuyash

did You manage to finish the build?

demeaux

by demeaux

crazy paint!

brusselsprouts

by brusselsprouts

Updates?

Rone69

by Rone69

geoffrois wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:03 pm
Hello everyone,

Im a long time time ghostfag of the forum, Ive decided to register in order to instroduce myself & share my (1st) bike building project.
Main ideas are to motivate myself, share my successes, struggles, find some support, collect any advice etc...

Im a 30yo road cyclist from Paris area. I especially love riding uphill & enjoy long distance rides as well.

So, my project is to build a light climbing bike, without sacrificing a certain comfort & ease of use. I discovered the brand Winspace through the well-know hyper wheel and decided to try one of their frame model, the SLC 2.0 (Super Light Climber).

Hereby picture of the frame, it is a raw carbon finish with a flower pattern I find really elegant & poetic, I hope you'll like it as well !
Any comments/advice after a few months?

Rone69

by Rone69

geoffrois wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:25 am
So... Its been a while, really sorry about that.
I didn't want to rush at all but I could have posted some updates for sure.
Anyway,I still plan to have the bike ready for this spring,
Here's how it looks atm, I still have to fix fork & front brake, add the chain, adjust derailleurs & brakes settings, set protective & handlebar tapes, adjust it to my measurements etc...

Any update?
What can you say about the ride quality, this frame is comfortable?

flying

by flying

Sadly He has not logged on in over a year now :noidea:

I was also curious how it turned out

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com