Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

cajer

by cajer

Komarov wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:27 am
Geoff wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:40 pm
Not sure how I missed this. Really great work!
Thank you!
cajer wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:22 am
Have you thought about making something like the new wide pad aero bar that were used in the hour record?
I designed the extensions for one bikefit studio in Moscow. When the serial production and sales will be launched and if both go well - guess it would be rational to make the base bar, pads and mountings to form the whole cockpit.
So we may design them on our own or per order from studio which will be quicker way to do it since we are busy developing our own products and its easier when someone else does the research and just gives you the specification :D
I may cad something up if I get bored enough!

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

Hi guys!
Its been almost a month and when I was thinking that I didn't do anything productive - I gathered the photos of new developments and now in retrospective(just like the last time) it seems that maybe I didn't just f.ck around)

So I've decided to share some work insights again since many of you were interested in different stuff here and there:

1st of all: I've just come home... And after many iterations final prototypes of 3d printd pads were delivered from Carbon3D for quality and size/stiffness inspection!!
1.jpg
They look just amazing and stiffness seems to be correct. I've prepared new moulds for the saddle's core and rail so I will test them ASAP and hope to give green light to serial production 8) 8)

Also many were interested in Computer mount we've developed and while those pictures were just renders - now I have a Frankenstein's mould (this shit is ridiculously complex and consists of too many pieces :D ) for these little guys:
11.jpg
Aaand we moulded the part! Here are some photos with standart Wahoo mount (didn't attach the insert yet):
4.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
The bolt was just found on a shelf and other metal pieces were machined from aluminium. So there is a long way to the final part with titanium pieces and better surface quality, but the best thing is : despite the weight of 14-15 grams that little guy is stiffer than standart plastic mount!
If you push it down it literally doesn't move a bit. We knew it has to be stiff, but honestly I didn't believe the calculations and frequancy analisys that much. It might has a little more flex comparing to standart mount if pushed sideway, but I didn't measure it yet and I couldn't tell when was pushing it by hand. However I think its better to adjust the lay-up (change some +/-45 degrees carbon fabric layers to UD fibers) to gain even more stiffness.
Also when bolt is unscrewed - the loop flex a lot and can be cliped very easily (I didn't trust those calculations too much either :) )

And I f.cking finally finished all the positive moulds for bottlecages. Damn that was a lot of cnc-milling. And I'm just glad to give them away to serial production and kinda forget about them for a moment because there was insanely large amount of work for producing such a small part.
8.jpg
Here is just the picture of milling setup if anybody interested:
20.jpg
Next time I'll buy cnc controlled 4th axis for the milling machine :D

Last, but not the least: I upgraded the top parts for the seatpost, made them lower (easier to install the saddle) but stiffer and saved 3 grams :up: (marginal gains).Like every small part they are pretty complex to lay-up :
12.jpg
10.jpg
Also boosted the productivity a little since 5 parts are moulded simultaneously.

That seems about all, will be happy to answer any questions (still cant answer damn private messages though since "I'm new to the forum and have to spam some messages around to be able to reply")
Attachments
8.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Great insight!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

jorisee01 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:16 pm
Great insight!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll try to figure out something semi-educational about technology next time :wink:

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

Did a drop test of the new xc handlebar I was developing recently

I'm starting developing a theory that 31.8mm bars are actually stronger against the dynamic loads than their 35mm stiffer brothers due to being less stiff and thereby beeing able to bend futher and for longer time decreasing the acceleration of the impact.
I'll have to break a couple more to confirm that, but its interesting aspect I didn't think about. Its different from the way bars test on static load test, but I think that static load is irrelevant since nobody really able to apply 800kgf of static load on the bicycle bar.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

@Komarov like the computer mount, any news? Unlike your other products, it looks like something I might consider buying, especially from a local manufacturer.

Kimmoth

by Kimmoth

Hey, we've got another Berk!

Great stuff.

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

Klaster_1 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:35 pm
@Komarov like the computer mount, any news? Unlike your other products, it looks like something I might consider buying, especially from a local manufacturer.
Hi! I'm glad at least something is interesting for you :D

Considering computer mount - almost everything is ready, titanium parts are prepared for the first serial batch. We have to make small changes in the part without making new mould and its good to go.

Had a lot of work and other stuff recently (I ran my first ultra-marathon race 8) ), hope I'll post pictures of computer mount and updates on how things are going by the end of the week. Gotta get people entertained :lol:

Ah! And I completely redesigned the raw carbon saddle! Changed shape a little according to years of feedback we gathered and reinforced on the bottom through all saddle's core - more flex comparing to previous iteration, but crazy strong structure. Also new lower rail with even more adjustment range
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Last edited by Komarov on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

Kimmoth wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:22 pm

Great stuff.

I have a huge recpect for Jure Berk and what he is accomplished (also seems that he is a very nice guy), but I'm really trying to go beyond just saddles production.

Honestly - I'm not so interested in serial production and business side of the job (Glad I have a talanted partner who can manage that stuff), but rather in developing new technologies/know hows and implementing the most recent ones.
I'd also like to move past bicycle stuff and develop a running shoe one day since running slowly becoming an obsession for me instead of a hobby :wink:

Kimmoth

by Kimmoth

Komarov wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:05 pm
Kimmoth wrote:

Great stuff.

I have a huge recpect for Jure Berk and what he is accomplished (also seems that he is a very nice guy), but I'm really trying to go beyond just saddles production.
I just meant, here's another guy starting a thread with, check out this carbon part I made, thread continues, next thing there's a company turning out top tier kit.

*f##k* yeah :thumbup:

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

Kimmoth wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:16 am
Komarov wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:05 pm
Kimmoth wrote:

Great stuff.

I just meant, here's another guy starting a thread with, check out this carbon part I made, thread continues, next thing there's a company turning out top tier kit.

*f##k* yeah :thumbup:
Thank you! (kinda started the thread with the company already :D :D )

Here are the photos of current computer mount prototype with serial black coated titanium parts and bulky light mounting:
photo_2021-06-24_12-13-44.jpg
photo_2021-06-24_12-13-47.jpg
photo_2021-06-24_12-13-41.jpg
photo_2021-06-24_12-13-38.jpg
photo_2021-06-24_12-13-32.jpg

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

Hi everybody, here is a little update on what was on my mind recently
handlebar mould.jpg
Wont brag about how stiff and reliable bla-bla-bla it will be, more interesting is that I plan to make a modular mould which will allow to customize the geometry of the bar. Need another flare - I mill 4 parts of the mould and use them with 2 which already exist e t.c. Will be possible to make aero middle part and even bar-stem combo using the same mould. So really wild customization in mind along with serial product
cap1.jpg
cap2.jpg
Had some free time and made these small bits weighing only 3g and unlike many aliexpress or aliexpress-like caps - they are moulded, not cnc-machined from flat carbon sheet. Greatly more reliable because there is a constant material thickness in area of the bolt, not just drilled chamfer.
padded saddle.jpg
padded saddle (2).jpg
Started playing around with cnc-machined foam saddle's padding. This one is dual-density foam where top layer is softer than the bottom one. Soft top layer will take care of comfort during regular pedalling and harder one will take care of the load from riding over a potholes or gravel road when softone is compressed.

Very brief, there were a lot more projects, but only these ones for now :D

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Hey man excellent stuff.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Beautiful work. It's wonderful to see your passion carried out into well thought out products.

BTW - a coworker of mine is Russian. I had his voice in my head as I read through the thread .

Great work, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Komarov
in the industry

by Komarov

Thank you! Russian accent is a terrible thing :lol:

I also forgot, that I managed to make 155mm wide saddle with 3d printed padding. For true weight weenies the weight is around 127 grams for the saddle with 9mm thick padding
155Setka.jpg