Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

stanvr

by stanvr

DHG01 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:40 pm
Spectacular work Stan.

Are you happy with the Gommitalias?

I find they are quite supple, in spite of the 21.5 mm.
To be honest, I haven't put many miles on the tubs, mostly because I haven't been riding a lot this year in general, and when I ride, I have to choose between mtb, gravel and another racer). Secondly, I am still not that confident on tubs regarding flats, so the bike with these wheels is truely a good weather machine..
But, I do really like how it rides on these shoes. The wheels are very responsive, and the tires (or combo) is actually really quite comfortable. All other tires I had on this bike where 23c clinchers, and those made the bike a lot less unforgiving. Conclusion, I really should ride more on the tubs!
Ferry wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:32 pm
Hoi Stan, mooie Klein!

I also changed to tubs this year. Did you glue or use tape?
Hoi Ferry, at this moment they are taped! I ordered a roll that DHG01 advised me a while ago.
kroem wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:33 pm
Bravo! Excellent build.

May I ask what the bare frame weight was?
I don't really know the bare frame weight of this one, as I never completely stripped it at first because of the press fit headset bearings (which are a bit of a pita). I changed the bearings this year, but then the frame was built up so I didn't take it down. A colleage of mine built a 57cm Quantum Pro, and he completely stripped his frame so we weighed that. If I recall correctly, the frame was low 1400's and the fork low 500's. I do remember that we thought it was heavier than we thought/hoped and that building it lighter than mine is will cost a substanstial amount of money.