Standert Triebwerk - Page 3. New pic, new problem

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DHG01

by DHG01

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:18 pm
Really nice mate prefer that. :)
Thank you MrC - I think the wheels now deserve slightly better tubulars than the Conti Gatorskin.

Btw - are you a tubular or clincher type? :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DHG01

by DHG01

1415chris wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:31 pm
"Very nice, how much" ;)
Thank you Chris - quite a compliment coming from someone with that spectacular R5

DHG01

by DHG01

Small update; I swapped the 100/ 6 mm silver stem for 100/ 12 mm painted. It still have 1 cm spacing; the spacers have also been painted, but I think the silver ones do not look bad.

I am actually quite pleased with the looks.

In terms of comfort, just completed four days of long riding, and don't really mind the slightly reduced handlebar height.

I used the oily cages for the long trip, but may revert to titanium cage + Fabric holder for the keg.
Attachments
IMG_0959.jpeg

flying

by flying

Really Beautiful ride & glad to see your still loving it :beerchug:

DHG01

by DHG01

Thank you @flying!!

So f*ck!! Came back from a long trip (south England and northern France). Flew back from Paris to Madrid and just realized the frame was damaged during the flight - the distance in the rear axel has gone from the standard 130 mm to 121 mm (measured by mechanic). I realized having a really hard time to get the rear wheel back in.

I ve contacted the airline. But realistically, would love to hear views on what options are possible?

minley1

by minley1

DHG01 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:26 pm
Small update; I swapped the 100/ 6 mm silver stem for 100/ 12 mm painted. It still have 1 cm spacing; the spacers have also been painted, but I think the silver ones do not look bad.

I am actually quite pleased with the looks.

In terms of comfort, just completed four days of long riding, and don't really mind the slightly reduced handlebar height.

I used the oily cages for the long trip, but may revert to titanium cage + Fabric holder for the keg.
Love the look of this, colour is beautiful

minley1

by minley1

DHG01 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:39 pm
Thank you @flying!!

So f*ck!! Came back from a long trip (south England and northern France). Flew back from Paris to Madrid and just realized the frame was damaged during the flight - the distance in the rear axel has gone from the standard 130 mm to 121 mm (measured by mechanic). I realized having a really hard time to get the rear wheel back in.

I ve contacted the airline. But realistically, would love to hear views on what options are possible?
That's not good, any damage to the bag/box it was in?

DHG01

by DHG01

minley1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:10 pm

That's not good, any damage to the bag/box it was in?
No, no obvious/ visible damage.

The thing is the fix is really sloppy- heating the chain stays and opening up - paint would have to follow.

On the other hand, Standert don't make that model anymore.