A brace of Sturdys...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

caballero

by caballero

Not sure why, but not digging the final build. Looks to monotone for me.

If it had a black chainring/post/stem might change.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

caballero wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:26 pm
Not sure why, but not digging the final build. Looks to monotone for me.

If it had a black chainring/post/stem might change.
Looks better in person, the purple really pops. These pics do it more justice
https://www.instagram.com/p/CwqGJmIMvok ... BiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwsc4YxMR6Z ... BiNWFlZA==
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

In love 🥰
Attachments
IMG_3985.jpeg
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

jever98

by jever98

Congrats!

I personally like the proportions of the fiadh better, but very nice bike nonetheless. How much do you ride? It must be quite the job to choose your bike before you go out :-D
----
No longer in the industry

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

I try to ride 6 days a week and do about 7-8 thousand miles a year. Each bike has a purpose which helps although some get more use than others.
I race TTs so that gets a lot of use during the season.

The gravel bike also doubles up as mudguards and winter road bike.

The aero bike is for road bike TT, chain gang and KOM hunting.

The all road bike is for 150 mile plus solo days which I love doing several times a year. It also doubles up as a fast winter bike when the weather doesn't necessitate mud guards.

The 5 kg bike is for racing hill climbs so doesn't get much use but the hill climb scene is big in the UK and I do enjoy them.

The Fidah will be for climbing days, sportives and trips to Europe

The steel bike will not get much use but will be for those days I want to escape training and just pedal to the cafe on something very pretty and just enjoying riding.

The last one just lives on my turbo these days.
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

Beaumont

by Beaumont

CustomMetal wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:14 am
In love 🥰
Super nice man!
Those wheels are seriously sick! :) I am a bit jealous, if you remeber, I went for Bikebeats that are 48mm and more than 200g heavier :?

I also finally got my Artigianna after such a long wait, but I could only get out twice and I am stucked for now, because I agreed with Tom on the fit (done localy in Czech Republic) 3 years ago and many things have changed ever since. Tom is not to be blamed here, I´ve made certain fit decisions back than, but my body and riding style evolved more that I would guess
So, I have to send back the seatpost, because I need 35mm setback - there is a change that I could maybe get it produced in 4 weeks. Only when I get it, I can continue with the fitting of the front, because I can´t use any other seatpost due to the specific shape :noidea:
Tom will also get back from me the fork as I need to get my hands higher (yes, I was stupid enough to push the drop to max, I was too trapped in the old-school thinking), so when I get back the seatpost with the setback, I will try to put together a Frankenstein with a different carbon fork with longer steerer to try, if tom´s combo would fit my hands or will I need to use Coefficient bars I´ve bought for Artigianna a few years ago and let Tom produce for me just a stem - so some testing and at least another fitting session in the meantime...
So if everything goes well, hopefuly mine will be really finished and ready to go at the beginning of the next season :cry: frustrating, extremely, but c´est la vie..
Tank - Genesis Croix de fer commuter/winter bike
ArTiGiana - Sturdy Titanium aero (incoming)
Bamboo fixie (have to build it :)

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Beaumont wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:10 pm
CustomMetal wrote:
In love 🥰
Super nice man!
Those wheels are seriously sick! :) I am a bit jealous, if you remeber, I went for Bikebeats that are 48mm and more than 200g heavier :?

I also finally got my Artigianna after such a long wait, but I could only get out twice and I am stucked for now, because I agreed with Tom on the fit (done localy in Czech Republic) 3 years ago and many things have changed ever since. Tom is not to be blamed here, I´ve made certain fit decisions back than, but my body and riding style evolved more that I would guess
So, I have to send back the seatpost, because I need 35mm setback - there is a change that I could maybe get it produced in 4 weeks. Only when I get it, I can continue with the fitting of the front, because I can´t use any other seatpost due to the specific shape :noidea:
Tom will also get back from me the fork as I need to get my hands higher (yes, I was stupid enough to push the drop to max, I was too trapped in the old-school thinking), so when I get back the seatpost with the setback, I will try to put together a Frankenstein with a different carbon fork with longer steerer to try, if tom´s combo would fit my hands or will I need to use Coefficient bars I´ve bought for Artigianna a few years ago and let Tom produce for me just a stem - so some testing and at least another fitting session in the meantime...
So if everything goes well, hopefuly mine will be really finished and ready to go at the beginning of the next season :cry: frustrating, extremely, but c´est la vie..
Oh that sounds a real pain! So your flexibility has worsened? Tom can do a 'hover bar' to get your hands higher? Because of TT my fit hasn't changed that much in 3 years thankfully but the bike does require me keeping on top of my stretching and core 😂😂
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

Beaumont

by Beaumont

CustomMetal wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:36 pm
Beaumont wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:10 pm
CustomMetal wrote:
In love 🥰
Super nice man!

Oh that sounds a real pain! So your flexibility has worsened? Tom can do a 'hover bar' to get your hands higher? Because of TT my fit hasn't changed that much in 3 years thankfully but the bike does require me keeping on top of my stretching and core 😂😂
Naaaaah, strangly my flexibility became rather better, but back than, my approach was a mix of old school fit style - drop the bars as low as you can and new school back than - get closer with the saddle to open up the hip angle and be able to hold the puppy paws position. But I finally found my good position it seems, with a saddle much further back and bars much higher and that allows me 2 things - to finally really engage my glutes and to hold my forearms parralel to the ground on the hoods and I can hold it now for the first time in my life (we can call that modern "breakaway" position - so I am more comfy and faster...
But it will need those adjustments on Artigianna :noidea:

But I do miss her so much, the more I could get my hands on her...it really hurst now
She is so wonderful.... :oops:
DSCF9030.JPG
Tank - Genesis Croix de fer commuter/winter bike
ArTiGiana - Sturdy Titanium aero (incoming)
Bamboo fixie (have to build it :)