Noctiluxx wrote:
easyv wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:36 am
Aryeh wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:50 pm
Yeah. 275g and 268g for my 29mm tires.
Schwalbe Pro One TLE was 268x2.

Sent from my SM-G9880 using Tapatalk
Any longer term update on how you're liking the Enve SES tires? Not a whole lot of people have them so curious as to your experience with them....
Difficult to mount, roll great. I went from Conti 5000TL 25mm to Enve SES 25mm and found the Enve's equal to the Conti in rolling speed with better grip. Oh and they are much, much, lighter and have tan walls. My Conti 25's came in around 300-305 grams while the Enve's were in the 235-240 gram range.
I switched back to pro ones now that there's a tan version. I think its faster rolling and its definitely more comfortable than the enve's at the same pressure.
28mm pro one is a bit heavier than the ENVE 29mm at 282g.Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aryeh

by Aryeh

I just got J&L Thru-Axles and made a fun comparison.
Cervélo RAT vs Cervélo threaded vs J&L. ImageImageImage

Aryeh

by Aryeh

A new piece of Carbon arrived in the mail today.
It comes in at 87.5g vs about 189g for the stock seatpost with the J&L yokes.
Total weight now 6.64kg with bottle cages, garmin mount, pedals, and radar mount (pictured).
I also have a pair of Galfer centerlock rotors that would be -20g vs the XTR ones but they don't look as pretty.
And should I switch back to the Deda perforated tape for -50g vs the supacaz? Image

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Back to deda tape. 6.59kgImage

js9

by js9

Nice build. I have the same bars on my o2. Do you have a weight for the cane creek slam set top cap pieces and maybe a pic of how it looks from above? I have been tempted to buy the same cap. Thanks

Aryeh

by Aryeh

js9 wrote:Nice build. I have the same bars on my o2. Do you have a weight for the cane creek slam set top cap pieces and maybe a pic of how it looks from above? I have been tempted to buy the same cap. Thanks
I don't remember the weight, but its definitely lighter than the stock setup. ImageImage

js9

by js9

Awesome. Thanks for the pictures.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Switched to GP5000TL 28mm and a 65mm rear wheel.
Now its just barely below 6.8kg at 6.78kg with pedals, computer mount and the radar mount.

I did get a KOM and multiple Strava trophies on my first ride with this setup today so maybe its worth the weight penalty. Image

NIXvelo

by NIXvelo

Aryeh wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:13 am
Total weight now 6.64kg with bottle cages, garmin mount, pedals, and radar mount (pictured).
I also have a pair of Galfer centerlock rotors that would be -20g vs the XTR ones but they don't look as pretty.
And should I switch back to the Deda perforated tape for -50g vs the supacaz? Image
I want to get your opinion here Aryeh... I’m thinking of getting a Darimo seatpost for my R5, it looks a lot like yours but all black. I am tossing up whether to go for the matte UD or matte 3K. The 3K looks great on your coz it compliments your rims... but with mine have ZIPP 202s, no carbon weave to be seen anywhere on the bike really. So I am wondering if the contrast with the rest of the bike of the 3K post will be a good thing or not. Also, I think the UD post of Darimo is slightly lighter in tone, bit more dark grey actually compared to the blackness of the R5 frame. And since you can see yours in the flesh, who better to ask. What you think mate?

Aryeh

by Aryeh

NIXvelo wrote:
Aryeh wrote:
I want to get your opinion here Aryeh... I’m thinking of getting a Darimo seatpost for my R5, it looks a lot like yours but all black. I am tossing up whether to go for the matte UD or matte 3K. The 3K looks great on your coz it compliments your rims... but with mine have ZIPP 202s, no carbon weave to be seen anywhere on the bike really. So I am wondering if the contrast with the rest of the bike of the 3K post will be a good thing or not. Also, I think the UD post of Darimo is slightly lighter in tone, bit more dark grey actually compared to the blackness of the R5 frame. And since you can see yours in the flesh, who better to ask. What you think mate?
I'd go with the 3k. I think it looks nicer regardless of the rim finish.

I wanted it to look distinct compared to the stock seatpost, although you can only really see the finish up close, and from a distance it all looks the same.

NIXvelo

by NIXvelo

Aryeh wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:19 pm
NIXvelo wrote:
Aryeh wrote:
I'd go with the 3k. I think it looks nicer regardless of the rim finish.

I wanted it to look distinct compared to the stock seatpost, although you can only really see the finish up close, and from a distance it all looks the same.
Thanks... 3K it is then.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Back to 6.58kg for the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo on Sunday.
I might put on the Force 36T cassette which is about 80g heavier than the Red 10-33T cassette I'm using right now. Image

Aryeh

by Aryeh

6.59kg now with new 28mm Conti GP5000s TR.Image

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Sunset in Shenandoah this evening. Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry