Cervelo R5 Disc (6.45kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Aryeh

by Aryeh

LRB23 wrote:
Aryeh wrote:
LRB23 wrote:Image

Picked up the R5 this week, weighing in at 6.56kg with pedals, Garmin mount and bottle cages. I still have a couple of upgrades to come that will hopefully get it down to 6.4kgs or below. I’m pretty happy with the weight for a semi Ultegra set up.

First shake down ride today and it felt pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Darimo seatpost will save you a bunch of weight although they have a long wait.
Also if you haven't yet, you can replace your speedplay parts with Ti to save some more weight.
Thanks, i had been considering the Darimo seat post, based on rough calculations it should save around 100g. Do you have any experience with them? I saw wait times were around 3 months?

Regarding the Speedplay pedals they’re at 170g for the pair which is lighter than the new Titanium Wahoo variant. Not sure I’ll get much more weight savings?

My old gen Speedplay with titanium parts was 145g for the pair. My current wahoo Speedplay with titanium parts is 143g for the pair.
If I remember correctly, the Cervelo seatpost is 205g and the Darimo is 95g.
I had a good experience with it and I have the Darimo post on my SL8 as well. The only downside is that they are very bad at communication. You can potentially order from a dealer and have them do the communication with Darimo.

Sent from my CPH2583 using Tapatalk

LRB23

by LRB23

Aryeh wrote:
LRB23 wrote:
Aryeh wrote:
LRB23 wrote:Image

Picked up the R5 this week, weighing in at 6.56kg with pedals, Garmin mount and bottle cages. I still have a couple of upgrades to come that will hopefully get it down to 6.4kgs or below. I’m pretty happy with the weight for a semi Ultegra set up.

First shake down ride today and it felt pretty good.

A Darimo seatpost will save you a bunch of weight although they have a long wait.
Also if you haven't yet, you can replace your speedplay parts with Ti to save some more weight.
Thanks, i had been considering the Darimo seat post, based on rough calculations it should save around 100g. Do you have any experience with them? I saw wait times were around 3 months?

Regarding the Speedplay pedals they’re at 170g for the pair which is lighter than the new Titanium Wahoo variant. Not sure I’ll get much more weight savings?

My old gen Speedplay with titanium parts was 145g for the pair. My current wahoo Speedplay with titanium parts is 143g for the pair.
I had a good experience with it and I have the Darimo post on my SL8 as well. The only downside is that they are very bad at communication. You can potentially order from a dealer and have them do the communication with Darimo.

Thanks buddy. Could you tell me where you ordered the titanium upgrades kits for the Speedplay? I’ve seen Ti-titanium parts offer kits. With regard to the now Wahoo Speedplay offerings, did you purchase the standard steel versions and then upgrade them?

I’m curious what is bad about Darimo’s communication? Is it bad enough not to order?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aryeh

by Aryeh

LRB23 wrote:
Aryeh wrote:
LRB23 wrote:
Aryeh wrote:A Darimo seatpost will save you a bunch of weight although they have a long wait.

Thanks buddy. Could you tell me where you ordered the titanium upgrades kits for the Speedplay? I’ve seen Ti-titanium parts offer kits. With regard to the now Wahoo Speedplay offerings, did you purchase the standard steel versions and then upgrade them?

I’m curious what is bad about Darimo’s communication? Is it bad enough not to order?

Wahoo speedplay upgrade kit. https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtwJ4Xu
I recommend upgrading the cheapest version with the black spindle if you didn't purchase it already. Technically the Nanogram version will be a few grams lighter once upgraded but it's not worth more than double the price.
For Darimo, you can email them asking for a quote for the product you want, and they can take a week to respond to that, if you have any questions for them, you can expect several days or a week for them to respond. But technically once you order it, you can just wait several months and it'll eventually arrive.