3T Strada sub 6kg goal with cable disc and mechanical shifting

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

takolino

by takolino

@venomcheck, can you take a close up photo of your bike from several angles? The only issue is that the head tube looks different from the original Strada so I'd like to see some closeup photos. If it's the same, my CAD should work. Just need the height of the carbon spacers after you add the included adapter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VenoMchek

by VenoMchek

takolino wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:05 pm
@venomcheck, can you take a close up photo of your bike from several angles? The only issue is that the head tube looks different from the original Strada so I'd like to see some closeup photos. If it's the same, my CAD should work. Just need the height of the carbon spacers after you add the included adapter.
Sure! I can take any photo you need. WIll send you photos and measurement by EOD.
Thank you!

VenoMchek

by VenoMchek

@takolino Sorry it took me longer. Got sick right after Christmas :oops:
I hope I understood you correctly and took right photos. Please let me know if you need any other angles/combinations. Thank you.
24CFE39F-73AA-4558-9681-CBDC05489176.jpeg
E200646D-AFFA-4F02-B4CB-46931CE4F146.jpeg
EBD0E1A3-A061-4344-A069-D4B757E43030.jpeg

takolino

by takolino

NP. This confirms my first thoughts. The frame has been updated since I bought mine. The HT has been extended above the TT and the topcap is smaller in diameter. You can check for yourself. My topcap is 47mm. Yours looks smaller. My CAD file will not fit your bike.
Because of the smaller diameter topcap, the supplied adapter will look too chunky. What I would do instead is to blend the shape of the underside of your stem to the circle diameter of the upper diameter of the HT over the height of the required spacer. Also, there's not enough space to use carbon spacers under the 3D printed spacer because the stem is narrower than the Metron integrated bar. You'll have to print the spacer out of a more robust material which may cost a bit more. I'm not sure of the right material since I have not done this. Perhaps carbon/nylon filament or SLS printing.
Good luck!
blue line shows where old frame stops
blue line shows where old frame stops
Original Strada
Original Strada
Screenshot 2022-12-29 114300.jpg (16.33 KiB) Viewed 2767 times

stanvr

by stanvr

Hi Takolino,

Do you have a 3d file of the standard Vision ACR spacer? I'm trying to find one but no luck so far

takolino

by takolino

Hey @stanvr, sorry for the late reply. Not checkning here that often these days. It's been a while since I worked on the ACR fitment. Digging through some files, I found a spacer but not sure how accurate it is. It's a simplified file for the purpose of making the integration shroud so please confirm how close it is to the real part. I'll post it on grabcad as ACR spacer or something like that.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

This is how the "D" spacer looks on my bike (i have drilled a hole to put the front brake trough):

dialchoose

by dialchoose

Need some help.
I got a Strada too. If I want to use a FSA ACR stem or a Vision 5D cockpit, wich headset do I have to use?

xsnailx

by xsnailx

dialchoose wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:56 am
Need some help.
I got a Strada too. If I want to use a FSA ACR stem or a Vision 5D cockpit, wich headset do I have to use?
first of all if you dont have a cockpit already - get the acr version or acr stem, it is much more modern and versatile.

For the acr stem:
Use standard headset that comes with the frame + above aliexpress spacer.

For the metron 5d acr

For the metron 5d
use headset that comes with the frame + fsa # 670-0128000030 spacer kit - part MW052 (it shall be included with the handlebars if bought in retail package)

dialchoose

by dialchoose

xsnailx wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:36 pm
dialchoose wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:56 am
Need some help.
first of all if you dont have a cockpit already - get the acr version or acr stem, it is much more modern and versatile.

For the acr stem:

For the metron 5d acr

For the metron 5d
use headset that comes with the frame + fsa # 670-0128000030 spacer kit - part MW052 (it shall be included with the handlebars if bought in retail package)
Thank you for your quick help. Of course ACR cockpit or stem makes sense. I also want to assemble my Force AXS group.

So I can use my headset and order a spacer. But do I need a C-ring to get the hose for the back brake? Like this one?
-10883769092039615025.jpg

xsnailx

by xsnailx

it depends if you have old strada or icr version. If icr - than yes it allows internal brake routing and you need this c part.
if the classic one - unfortunatelly the best you can do without resorting to custom spacers is route it the way i did on my felt. you only will need to file a cable exit in the fsa acr top cap wich is a 5min job :)

dialchoose

by dialchoose

Thank you. I got the first Strada. So it can be only semi integrated. Too Bad.

Veyron40

by Veyron40

Hi guys !!

@takolino, @venoMchek, thanks to you, i managed to do the same on my 3T strada, it was a great and clever Idea !!!!!!!

Thanks again
Attachments
1000014746.jpg
1000014747.jpg
1000014748.jpg
1000014749.jpg
1000014750.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

saverin

by saverin

Is the steering limited with this routing?