Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RDY

by RDY

dlj2119 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:50 pm
takolino wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 am
Did you end up changing out the traversing steel M6 Juin Tech bolts to titanium ones? I just did this with ease, no seals to deal with. Used RISK hollow black bolts and saves about 10g per caliper. You can also change the M4 one to ti as well.
Bump on info for this?

kode54

by kode54

takolino wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:43 am
Thanks @BZE! You may have saved some ppl from cracking their frames!
I noticed that the kamm tail edges are sharper on the Strada but it's not consistent. I bought a used small Strada seatpost last year and it had really sharp edges. On the other hand, I have an XL post with very rounded edges that is very similar to the Exploro. I can see how a mismatched seatpost can easily crack a frame. I was considering building up the seatpost with epoxy and matching it to the frame.
So at this point, there's no really lightweight option for the Strada? The Charlie post is ridiculous weight wise and cumbersome with attaching a 7x10mm carbon rail.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gSporco

by gSporco

kode54 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:42 pm
takolino wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:43 am
Thanks @BZE! You may have saved some ppl from cracking their frames!
I noticed that the kamm tail edges are sharper on the Strada but it's not consistent. I bought a used small Strada seatpost last year and it had really sharp edges. On the other hand, I have an XL post with very rounded edges that is very similar to the Exploro. I can see how a mismatched seatpost can easily crack a frame. I was considering building up the seatpost with epoxy and matching it to the frame.
So at this point, there's no really lightweight option for the Strada? The Charlie post is ridiculous weight wise and cumbersome with attaching a 7x10mm carbon rail.
Kode54, you can cut the Strada seatpost at the top and modify it to use a traditional 2 bolt yoke like takolino and save about 100grams. But this involves some creative work. Also Darimo has promised a seatpost but they are taking forever. And 3t will be Releasing an updated Strada seat post with the richest seat clamp I believe which should bring the weight down a little bit
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

kode54

by kode54

I may not be good at modifying the seatpost. I'd rather wait and opt for the Darimo or revised Strada seatpost. Do you have any idea when that would be available?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

takolino wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:59 pm
dlj2119 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:12 am
This rockwest tube worked for me. 18.50$ and made 4 cradles.
46603-C0575-BLOWOUT Tube - Fabric - 0.875 x 1.118 x 5.75 Inch - BLOWOUT 1

This is a great hack. Looks like you got lucky with the cradle size. The "blowout" on the rockwest site was for that one size only. Some of the other sizes were way more expensive. I should receive the bolt tubes by this weekend. I may try this hack on my other "lightweight" seatposts.

Hey dmetzinger, feel free to pm me.
Is there a reason why no one is doing this hack and using Darimo Dyneema loops? I think Darimo offers an upgrade kit for their previous seatposts that uses the titanium bolts.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

Any updates on using Racemax seatpost? As stated previously by Vroomen not to use it on the Strada.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

gSporco

by gSporco

kode54 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:55 pm
I may not be good at modifying the seatpost. I'd rather wait and opt for the Darimo or revised Strada seatpost. Do you have any idea when that would be available?
No updates from 3T, they said it would be ready by now.. I suspect, soon, maybe within the month?
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

kode54

by kode54

Thx. Sounds great!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Bumbabambuee

by Bumbabambuee

takolino wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:26 am

But here's the problem. Rear brake won't return in this position because of drag. Cables start pulling out beyond this angle.
Thinking about a similar setup for my Strada. Did you remove the decals of the Metron bar or re-paint it black? The bar decals is currently the only thing holding me back.

takolino

by takolino

It's been a while since I removed the graphics. Pretty sure I was able to remove it with 99.9% alcohol and a scrubbing dish sponge using the mild abrasive side. Not the green scotchbrite which will scratch the paint but the white pad for teflon pans. The alcohol softens the decals just enough for the sponge to rub it off. It takes a bit of scrubbing but should not affect the paint. The decal on the top cap does not come off with alcohol. I ended up sanding it off.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

could you share files for the spacer? i need to print it too :)
takolino wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:26 am

On to the bad news. Basically, the cable routing as it is won't work. The handlebar won't turn past 45 degrees or so without binding and pulling the cables because there's not enough slack. The cable loop can't be made longer because of the angle of exit/entry and the distance is too small. The situation would only get worse if I reduce stack. I'm currently at 40mm of spacers and I'm planning to reduce it to 20 or 30mm. The cables just can't bend freely in that amount of space. Pics below show the build up and the last pic shows the steering as far as it will turn. It looks like I'll need to try something else. I have some ideas but it requires more modding of the top cap or an entirely new one 3D printed. More to come.

takolino

by takolino

I've shared it on GrabCad. Go to grabcad library and search for Strada ACR.

xsnailx

by xsnailx

Great, thanks a lot :)
takolino wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:26 am
I've shared it on GrabCad. Go to grabcad library and search for Strada ACR.

Mawashi

by Mawashi

takolino wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:04 am
It's been a while since I removed the graphics. Pretty sure I was able to remove it with 99.9% alcohol and a scrubbing dish sponge using the mild abrasive side. Not the green scotchbrite which will scratch the paint but the white pad for teflon pans. The alcohol softens the decals just enough for the sponge to rub it off. It takes a bit of scrubbing but should not affect the paint. The decal on the top cap does not come off with alcohol. I ended up sanding it off.
Hi takolino,

I too got myself a strada and was wondering if I could bounce some ideas off you about the seatpost modifications.

You could reach me at 55fathoms@gmail.com

Many thx

Lucendi

by Lucendi

takolino wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:27 am
This is amazing work! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com